Yesterday an exciting e-mail popped up in my inbox:
For the second year in a row, I’ve been selected to be an ambassador for the Fit Foodie 5k! I absolutely love the concept behind this race series, and am honored to have been chosen two years in a row to represent this race. (Check out last year’s recap here.) I’ll be running at this year’s race in Fairfax, VA on Saturday, May 21st.
Under the theme of “Calories Burned, Calories Earned,” participants will have the opportunity to participate in the ultimate celebration of food, fitness, and fun. There are also some exciting new additions to this year’s race, including:
- The opportunity to mix and mingle with elite athletes “Boston Bill” Rogers, four-time Boston Marathon and New York City Marathon Champion, and Caroline Rotich, winner of the 2015 Boston Marathon
- An all- new John Hancock Vitality Village post-race celebration featuring fitness demonstrations from acclaimed talent, cooking demonstrations, and more
- The option to register for the Fit Foodie Premium Package, which includes an official Fit Foodie participation tank, a $5 tax-deductible donation to the Fit Foodie Official Charity, and more
Once you cross the finish line of the race, you’ll be invited into the post-race village celebration, which will include food samples, cooking demonstrations, and mini-fitness classes. Registration also includes two post race celebration drinks (for those age 21 and up).
Registration prices for this year’s Fairfax event are very reasonable:
- Fit Foodie Package
- $35 until April 24, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- $45 until May 20, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- $55 on race day – May 21, 2016
- Fit Foodie Premium Package
- $55 until April 24, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- $65 until May 20, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- $75 on race day – May 21, 2016
On top of the reasonable registration prices, you can also save 10 percent off of your registration by using discount code DANCINGTORUNNING. What are you waiting for? Head on over to the registration page so that you can join myself as well as several other local bloggers, including Sue, Mar, and Deborah, for a fun filled event of fitness and food.
QOTD: Who will be joining me for the Fit Foodie 5k?