ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 4

After two not so great weeks of training, this past week was significantly better.  Not only was I able to keep on track with my three planned runs, but I also managed to squeeze in strength training as well two days of cross training.  The fact that the weather is finally cooperating and most of the snow and ice has finally melted off of our sidewalks is helping significantly in allowing me to stay on track.  Though little man had several fussy days again this past week (which was to be expected since he got his two month shots on Tuesday), having the weather on our side and being able to put him in the stroller for a long walk not only helped ease his fussiness one day but also allowed me to fit some cross training in as well.  Mommy multi tasking at its finest!

stroller walk

The weather forecast for this coming week looks fairly promising in terms of being able to get little man outside for walks in his stroller on several days.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the spring like weather that we had this past weekend will carry on and that both he and I will be able to enjoy the time outside together.  Its amazing how the fresh air and time outside can do wonders for both of us, as well as to help me cross train and make me stronger for race day in June.

Despite the great weather and being able to stay on track, my biggest training highlight for the week was from my run Saturday morning.  With most of the snow and ice now gone from the sidewalks, I’m trying to complete more of my runs outside.  I tend to hold back on the treadmill, and running outside is allowing myself to truly see where I am in terms of my pace and endurance.  When I finished my 4 mile run on Saturday, I was shocked to see that my average pace was just below 10:30.  I haven’t run at that pace since sometime last summer!  Though I still have some progress to make in terms of returning to my pre-pregnancy running pace, I’m very pleased with the progress that I’ve made since I resumed running just five short weeks ago.

4.02 mile run

After an exciting and productive week of training, I’m excited to see what this coming week holds in store for me!

Mon 2/22 – Baby Strong workout – 15 minutes of stair climbing (0.77 miles), 30 minutes of strength training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Tues 2/23 – 3.20 mile run on the treadmill, 0.36 mile cool down walk

Wed 2/24 – Rest day

Thurs 2/25 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.45 mile cool down walk, 30 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, abs)

Fri 2/26 – 3.14 mile walk pushing the stroller

Sat 2/27 – 4.02 mile run, 0.65 mile cool down walk

Sun 2/28 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 15.69 miles (3.42 miles more than week 3)

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 47.58 miles

QOTD: What has the weather been like where you live?  Is it starting to feel like Spring?

I’m linking up with Holly from HoHo Runs and Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap link up.  Be sure to check out their posts as well.

WeeklyWrap

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 4

1. Glad to see that you are getting your workouts in! This is the best time of year to get out with the baby. Enjoy!

2. Awww, the photo with your son is SO adorable! I wish I’d been into walking or running when my kids were babies. It’s good for them as well as us! Way to go!!

3. You had a great week and did a “yay” when you posted your 4 mile run pic. I knew you would be very happy with that workout!

4. Great job on the miles! Walks with little man sound wonderful as the weather warms.

So glad you were able to get outside. It is starting to feel like spring here, but we still have some pretty good temp swings. I had to switch my AC on yesterday because it was a little humid, and now we’re warming up more today.

6. I agree that getting outside does wonders, especially for your mental state! I also agree that running on a treadmill is not a true reflection (at least for me), of what you are capable of on a run. I always have better runs when outside!

Great job! That’s wonderful news on your pace and yay for mommy multi-tasking 🙂 It sounds like he likes being out in the stroller too.

8. Sounds like a great week for you – congrats! Getting outside after the winter always feels great. We’ve been spending tons of time outside on the weekends now which always does wonders for my mood. Interesting to see that your pace is so quick outside. I’ve been shocked to see crazy fast paces since I started running again….but then again, I am doing run-walk. I’m hoping this is real and not phantom speed 😉

9. Ivanna says:

Great job, way to get back into it. I can’t believe you are a new mom…you are on it girl.

10. Looks like a much better weather week this week so you can venture out with the little guy more. One of these days we have to get you to join our runs.

11. thebarbella says:

You are quite the inspiration to someone who doesn’t know how fitness and little one will mix. Glad the weather is cooperating!

12. mkadens1 says:

I absolutely love that top pic of you two! Precious! We’ve gotten glimpses of spring that are awesome, alas we have a winter weather advisory tonight. More freaking snow. IT makes such a difference when you don’t have to worry about slipping on slick spots.

13. Great training week! Hope you keep getting those spring temps so you can take the little man out for stroller rides!!!
    Seems like spring is peeking up around the country, which is nice! We had some 50 degree temp days, that are melting a lot of the rest of the snow in the valleys, so yes it’s definitely a nice surprise and I am looking forward to some warmer days while winter starts to make it’s move out!

14. Hooray!!! I’m so glad you’re finding a good groove! The better weather definitely makes a huge difference.

15. Coco says:

Thus weekend was total spring fever! But I heard the s-word in the forecast for Friday. Great job on your workouts!

16. What a great week!

The weather is starting to warm, but we still have some frosty days here and there. I’m not sure if this makes me happy or not. The winter was mild, but I don’t know if I’m ready for the heat and humidity.

Girl that is HUGE progress so quickly!! Great job!! The weather has been awesome, but I’ve been dealing with a calf issue…again…so I haven’t been able to enjoy a run out there :/

18. Kim Hatting says:

woot!!!! Congrats on a great week! We had great weather in Iowa too (most of the weekend),and that certainly brings out the best in all of us (even with the nasty cold I was fighting).

19. MCM Mama says:

Congrats on getting back to your old running paces.

We used to walk all the time with our oldest. Literally hours of walking some days because he slept best in the stroller. I love that it’s nice enough to get out right now.

20. Your little one looks pretty snug. Congrats on your great week! Pushing a stroller is tough stuff.

21. The weather has been surprisingly mild for NH and thankfully has coincided with my long marathon training runs which is such a bonus! I miss those stroller runs and walks, cherish every moment!

22. Great job on your paces lady, yes ma’am you’ve made considerable progress in just a few weeks! So glad it’s coming right along for you. Love the picture of you and your sweet little one. the weather is getting very nice to be outside, Spring is just around the corner. I even saw a the first flower blooming in my yard this morning! Yay! Thank you for joining us in Weekly Wrap! 🙂

23. HoHo Runs says:

I consider myself solar powered so I understand how good it make you feel to get outside and move around! You are doing great for just 5 weeks back into running. Your speed will come back quickly. I’m working on trying to get back to pre-injury speed. In the south, we are very close to spring. The trees will pop out any day now, as attested by my tree allergies that started yesterday. I’m excited to follow along as your train for your June race. Thanks for linking with us Kathryn.