Friday Five – Potpourri v. 12

Happy Friday everybody!  Its hard to believe that its already the end of February and that Monday is Leap Day.  Anybody know somebody who is a Leap Day baby?  I do – my godmother’s youngest son was born on Leap Day so its always fun every four years when he gets to celebrate his birthday on his actual birthday.

Its been a busy, but exciting week, at our house, so I thought it would be fun to share some of the week’s highlights for this week’s Friday Five post.

1.  As of Monday, I’m officially registered for the ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon.  When I first started training for ZOOMA Annapolis, I shared that part of my reasoning in choosing this particular race was because of the ability to drop down to the 10k if needed.  My running over the past five weeks has gone better than I expected, so I went ahead and committed to the half marathon.  (And do you want to join me for ZOOMA Annapolis, or do you want to run ZOOMA Cape Cod or ZOOMA Florida?  Use discount code KATHRYN16 to save 10 percent off your race registration.)

Photo Credit: ZOOMA Women's Race Series

Photo Credit: ZOOMA Women’s Race Series

2.  Little man turned two months old on Tuesday!  We found out at Tuesday’s doctor’s appointment that he weighed 12 lbs 0 oz, so he’s gained just shy of five pounds since he was born.  He’s getting so big so quickly!

two months

3.  Speaking of little man, I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my cuddle time with him this week.  The other day, he had his arm tightly wrapped around my waist while he was napping on my chest.  It was so sweet, and looking at his arm and feeling it around my waist just melted my heart.

4.  I was happy to see Roberto Hernandez become the winner of this season’s The Biggest Loser during Monday’s season finale (well, I watched it on Tuesday because this mommy was too tired to stay up Monday night).  I was a huge fan of Roberto and his twin brother, Luis, during this past season.  Their story touched me from day one, and I was very pleased to not only see Roberto win the grand prize, but to also see Luis win the at home prize.

5.  Little man has been getting stronger each and every day.  I was amazed during tummy time on Wednesday to see just how strong he’s becoming.  Look at him doing his little push up!  My army veteran husband was very pleased with his push up form!

baby push up

QOTD: Do you watch The Biggest Loser?  What were your thoughts on the season finale?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 12

Your little boy is doing so well and clearly you are enjoying this special time at home with him. Great job with your training for the Zooma race. Hopefully race day will be enjoyable and you will have both your son and husband out to cheer depending on the weather! I have watched Biggest Loser on and off for a while, but totally missed it this season.

2. Woohoo, a half marathon! Hope the rest of your training goes well. Your son is darling.

3. One of my first grade teachers was a Leap Day baby! He was also in his first year of teaching, so he technically turned 6 or 7 that year which the parents had a ball with since that’s the “same age” as his students were.

Aw… the photos of the baby are so adorable! Great push up form πŸ™‚ And yay for Zooma Annapolis! That sounds like a fun race to have as your first post-baby half.

5. he really is such a cutie! growing up so fast. I get to babysit my 1 year old nephew for a few days next month and I cannot wait to cuddle him!! I watched Biggest Loser and was happy for the brothers but would have liked to see someone else get either prize. They all looked amazing though.

6. Love mickey in the photo! too cute

7. Oh gosh, little man’s eyes are beautiful!

8. I used to watch the Biggest Loser back in the day. I saw a few episodes this season but never remember when it is on. 2 months already? Time flies! He is Adorable!

Congrats on Zooma! I hope you can have a really good training cycle for the half.

10. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

That’s awesome that you’ll be running the half. I have a half marathon that same day in Philly, so I won’t be able to come to Annapolis this year. Gosh, your little one is growing so fast!

Two months already! Time flies so fast!! Love all of his pictures! So sweet! Yay for the half marathon…I know you’re going to do great!! πŸ™‚

12. OMG pic #2! What a cutie! I haven’t watched the Biggest Loser in YEARS…mostly because we don’t have cable anymore. I’m 50/50 on that show. If it inspires people to move and get healthy? Well then that is great. But I believe it sets incredibly unrealistic expectations regarding exercise and weight loss for the average person.

13. Kelli says:

That’s awesome about Zooma! They do such a nice job with their races. I never did Annapolis but I did Chicago a few years ago. And your little man is ADORABLE!!

14. oh he’s gotten so big already! Now he can start interacting with you all more how fun! It’s great to have a race goal to look forward to and keep you motivated.

15. Your son is so adorable! He’s growing so fast! So awesome that your are crushing your goals! I’m looking forward to catching back up with The Biggest Loser now that I have more time.

Awww, he is getting so big! It goes by so quickly, so take those snuggles at any time you can get them!!

17. Josephine says:

your little guy is super cute! i know someone who has twin leaps! twin grandkids born last leap year, cool right?

18. Yay that you are having your little guy do tummy time! No flat heads at your house…

19. Kim Hatting says:

awwwwww, your Little Man is so adorable! Isn’t it fun watching all those milestones happen?

20. I don’t know anyone born on leap day…that would be rather odd, having a birthday that only exists on the calendar every 4 years. lol

I’m planning on running Annapolis Half as well…hopefully it won’t be too hot…I recall running it in 2013 and I swear I saw satan on the pavement. lol

You son is uber adorable!!

21. Hooray for the Zooma half! I wish they had a race in NYC.
    And little man is turning into big man so quickly! What a cutie!
    I missed the Biggest Loser this season. I always love that show, though!