For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved ordering Chicken with Broccoli from Chinese restaurants. The problem with ordering Chinese food is that the dishes made in restaurants are often very high in sodium, making them quite unhealthy. I’ve loved making stir fry dishes at home for awhile now, and finally decided to recreate my beloved Chicken with Broccoli.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups broccoli florets
1 large yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbl grated ginger root
2 cups of steamed rice, cooked according to package directions
2 tbl vegetable oil
2 tbl cornstarch
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup stir fry sauce
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Dice chicken and onion into bite size chunks.
3. Heat vegetable oil in wok. Add chicken, and stir fry for 5-7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
4. Add onion, broccoli, ginger, and garlic to wok. Stir fry for another 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are thoroughly heated.
5. Combine soy sauce, stir fry sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to wok. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve stir fry over steamed rice.
QOTD: What is your favorite Chinese food dish?