ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1

I’m officially back in training for a half marathon, and boy does it feel good!  Not only does it feel good to be back running regularly, but it also feels good to be focused on working towards a long term goal – running my first postpartum half marathon.  While I’m obviously excited about being back in training, I’m also trying to not push myself too hard too quickly.  Since we still don’t have clear enough sidewalks or trails in our area, my training was solely on the treadmill this past week, which allowed me to set the treadmill at an easy pace and force myself to not try to run faster than I should be.

Even with being out of town starting on Friday I was able to keep on top of my training thanks to my gym travel pass

Even with being out of town since Friday I was able to keep on top of my training thanks to my gym travel pass

In addition to getting back into the training groove, this week was also exciting since we traveled to Illinois.  Not only was it little man’s first airplane ride (which he slept for all of!), but we also spent the weekend with family and friends celebrating little man’s baptism.  He was baptized in the same church that Preston and I were married in, by the same priest, so it was an extra special and meaningful service.

Little man all dressed up for his baptism

Little man all dressed up for his baptism

I’m hopeful that this coming week will be just as successful as my first week of training was, but as those of you who have children know, its all about taking things one day at a time and going with the flow.

Mon 2/1 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.40 mile cool down walk, 25 minutes of weight training (upper body, lower body, and abs)

Tues 2/2 – Rest day

Wed 2/3 – Baby Strong Workout – 15 minutes of stair climbing (0.79 miles), 15 minutes of strength training (upper body and abs)

Thurs 2/4 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.44 mile cool down walk

Fri 2/5 – Travel/rest day

Sat 2/6 – 3.50 mile run on the treadmill, 0.33 mile cool down walk

Sun 2/7 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 11.66 miles

Total ZOOMA Mileage – 11.66 miles

QOTD: What was one of your training highlight’s from this past week?

This entry was posted in Training, ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1

1. Glad to see you back on the training plan as well! Preston is so cute! He does look like a little man in that picture.

2. Lisa Davis says:

Congrats on a great start to your half training!

3. laurenweiner says:

His outfit is adorable! You are getting some great workouts in postpartum! Awesome!

That baptism outfit is so adorable! And there is something so exciting about the first week of a new training plan 🙂

5. Congratulations on training and on the trip with little man! He is precious in that little getup 🙂

6. brucepegg says:

Congrats on the baptism and on getting back in the groove! The highlight of the week for me was Sunday’s long run–the weather was unusually beautiful for this time of year in the northeast (sunny, mid forties), my favorite trail was free of ice and snow, and I have finally shed all the pounds I put on over the holidays so I could run without feeling like a hippo!

I feel the same way with my training. It feels good to have a goal and work towards it. Congrats on a great trip with your little man. Nothing beats sleeping the whole flight.

8. So sweet, sounds like it was such a special weekend for your little family!
    That’s awesome you’re back to running/training. I am looking forward to getting out for a little run myself this morning! Although I am being lazy and letting it warm up into the upper 20’s first, LOL

9. Girl you are doing so great with getting back into training!!! And little man looks precious in his baptism outfit! How awesome that the same priest did his baptism! What memories!!!

10. Congrats on the baptism! And congrats on starting your training. I bet that feels good. I am taking some time off but the nice weather is making me eager to get out and run!

I can’t believe you found a little suit for your son’s baptism. He looks so alert in the photo and hopefully no tears during the service. Congrats on your first week of half marathon training. Hopefully your snow will be gone soon and you can start running outside.

12. Awh Preston is just so cute!!!!! Great job getting back at it!! xo

13. haleyduke17 says:

I’m so impressed with your initiative to get back into half marathon training. It works wonders for your postpartum life. Great job mama!

14. How exciting (and inspiring!) that you’re back to training for a half already! Amazing! Your son is absolutely ADORABLE (but I’m sure you already knew that). 😀

Yea!! Great to see you back at it. OMG, he is absolutely adorable!!