Rock ‘n’ Blog 2016!

You may recall that last year I was a Rock ‘n’ Blogger for the Rock ‘n’ Roll race series.  As a Rock ‘n’ Blogger, I ran Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach at 24 weeks pregnant and ran/walked Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly at 32 weeks pregnant.  I also walked the Mile on the Sand in Virginia Beach the day before the half marathon.  I decided that after a fun year as a Rock ‘n’ Blogger that I’d reapply for 2016.

After each of last years Rock n Roll races

After each of last year’s Rock ‘n’ Roll races

Yesterday around lunch time time I received a notification on Facebook to join the private Rock ‘n’ Blog 2016 group.  I thought “That’s weird, I haven’t received any sort of e-mail yet letting me know that I was reaccepted for this year.”  Turns out that I wasn’t the only person confused by this, but shortly after the excitement erupted in the Facebook group I received the official e-mail from Rock ‘n’ Roll.

rock n roll e-mail

To say I’m excited about being a Rock ‘n’ Blogger again is an understatement.  Part of why my current race plans for the year are a bit up in the air is because I was waiting on receiving word from Rock ‘n’ Roll about this year’s blogger program.  I had so much fun last year running Rock ‘n’ Roll races and connecting with other bloggers and I very much look forward to doing the same again this year.

rock n blog 2016

So which Rock ‘n’ Roll races am I considering?  There’s Virginia Beach over Labor Day weekend, which I’ve run the past three years in a row and love.  There’s also Philly in mid-September.  I loved the course when I ran/walked the race last October, and would love to give the race another try while not 32 weeks pregnant.  There’s other destinations I’d love to try as well, but it’ll take looking at the calendar and our travel budget to determine which are realistic and which are just out of the picture for this year.  While I’d love to run DC next month, the reality is that since I just started running again that I will in no way be ready for a half marathon in just five and a half short weeks without risking injury to myself.  Definitely not a smart move.

Rock ‘n’ Roll races are well organized and also a whole lot of fun.  Interested in running a Rock ‘n’ Roll race this year?  Stayed tuned, because soon I’ll receive a discount code to share with all of you!

QOTD: Have you ever run a Rock ‘n’ Roll race before?  Which Rock ‘n’ Roll destination is on your bucket list?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Rock ‘n’ Blog 2016!

1. Coco says:

Congrats! I did the RNR DC Half a few years ago. The timing hasn’t worked out for me since.

2. Congrats! I haven’t run an RNR race–Chicago is always in mid-July which is a crummy time of year to run a half. But I may have to succumb…

Congrats. You know we loved the Virginia Beach race, and Dublin was a really fun experience too, but I doubt you are planning on a trip overseas with Kyle just yet.

4. Linz says:

congrats! i ran RNR st. louis before! 🙂 such a fun race!

5. laurenweiner says:

Congrats! That’s awesome! I’ve done RNR VA Beach once. I did the half relay with my stepmom. We both vowed to never do it again! We just aren’t cut out for racing when its that hot out.

6. Congrats! I’ve never done one but I’d really like to one day maybe soon or this summer.

Congrats! Vegas is on my bucket list, but I don’t know when. Definitely at least the 10k, especially if Tink goes well. If not this year then I’ll want to do Vegas next year.

8. Congrats girl! I’m excited to be returning as a Rock ‘n’ Blogger too! I’d LOVE to run DC! Not sure I can afford travel and a place to stay though.

9. CONGRATULATIONS! I admit I’m a bit jealous that I didn’t get in, but perhaps it’s because I’ve never done one. Maybe I’ll join you for Philly!

10. Congrats! How fun! RnR Vegas was one of my favorite races

11. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

Congrats! I’m going to run DC, thinking of going to Virginia Beach, and I should be at least doing the 5K in Philly!

12. Congrats!! I have never run a Rock n’ Roll race before, but I would love to run one in Vegas!!

13. Congratulations! I’m considering one this year 🙂

14. Awesome, congrats! The RnR races are a lot of fun. Would love to do the Vegas race one of these years, but the European destinations are definitely at the top of my list. 😉

Congrats Kathryn! Can’t wait to see where your running adventures take you this year! 🙂

16. Congrats! I was on the blog team last year but had to pull out from the race I planned to do (Brooklyn) since I sprained my foot. I’m excited to see you post about your adventures in the RnR races this year!

17. Maureen says:

Congratulations! I have seen a lot of acceptance posts today and think this is super cool!

18. Elle says:

Congratulations! I have not actually done one, but I happened to be in Las Vegas when the 2015 was run there and spectated the 5km race and attended the expo. BEST EXPO EVER! Loved it. And would like to take part in one of the races now for sure.

19. thebarbella says:

Congratulations! I’ve been eyeing the Rock and Roll in Raleigh so may just have to see what happens when that code comes out 😉

20. Jessica says:

Congrats!! I def want to do this next year. I can’t wait to read your post!

21. Congrats! I’m in too! I ran the very first RnR marathon, in San Diego, 1998. I ran it about six times in a row, then came back in 2014 to run it again. Looking forward to running it again this year!

22. Lisa Davis says:

You should definitely check out the DC race if you ever have the chance. I did it last year and would love to do it again. The weather was HORRIBLE when I ran it but, despite that, I knew I wanted to go back and try it in potentially better weather.

23. Michelle @ Running with Attitude says:

Congrats! I’m so excited to be returning too! I’m definitely running Philly and keeping my fingers crossed on making it to Vegas. I’m also thinking about either Brooklyn or Denver.

24. MCM Mama says:

Congrats on returning! I didn’t apply this year because I have other destination races on my calendar, but it was a great program last year. (And I’m running RNR DC again anyways…)

25. natrunsfar says:

Congratulations!!! Such awesome news!! I would love to run Virginia Beach (my Aunt and Uncle live there) and it would be so fun over Labor Day! Vegas was a blast for me last year, so that is another possibility. There are so many fun places to choose!!

26. jillconyers says:

That is so awesome! Congratulations. Maybe I’ll apply next year.

27. Juliana says:

Congrats on being selected again!!

28. Steffany R. says:

I hope to see you in philly! I’ll be doing DC as well!

29. John @ run. geek. run(disney) says:

Congrats. That’s very awesome. Emails seemed to have their issues in notifying people, but can often happen trying to notify too many people all at once.

30. Congrats! I was dying to apply but when I saw in the application “number of followers” I realized I was not ready for it ha! Love the Rock’nRoll races! DC wasn’t very first half marathon and this year it will be my fifth time running it. I also always run VA Beach, not sure if I’ll do it for a fifth time this year, can’t take that humidity! Last year I did Brooklyn, that was fun. Hoping to try new places this year, like Chicago or Phily. Def running Vegas, can’t wait! Congrats again!

31. Melissa says:

Congrats! I feel like your blog has grown a lot over the last year or so! Congrats on that too!

32. That’s so awesome!! I have yet to do a RNR race but perhaps in 2016! Any suggestions?

33. Pingback: I’ve Been Keeping a Secret – My 2016 Race Season Starts on Saturday! | From Dancing to Running

34. Pingback: My Updated 2016 Race Calendar | From Dancing to Running