Friday Five – Potpourri v. 11

Wow, what a week!  Between doctor’s appointments for both little man and myself, as well as a lot of attention on the weather, its been quite an eventful week.

1.  Like I shared on the blog yesterday, I was cleared Wednesday morning at my four week postpartum appointment to resume exercising again.  It felt amazing to complete my first run Wednesday night after not having run since the end of October.

3 mile run

2.  In anticipation of Wednesday’s doctor’s appointment, I went to our local running store Sunday afternoon in search of new sports bras.  With me breastfeeding little man, I was in need of larger, more supportive sports bras, and as luck would have it I bought the very last sports bra in my size that they had in store.  I came home and ordered two more online, but until they arrive I’ll be using the one and only sports bra that I have that currently fits.

3.  We’re in for a major blizzard this weekend.  And by major, I mean that the weathermen keep saying that this is going to be a record breaking event, and will likely be one of the top five snowstorms that the DC area has ever seen.  All this talk about the blizzard is giving me flashbacks to February 2010 when Snowmageddon pounded the DC area and caused schools to be closed for an entire week.snowmageddon

4.  We finally had little man’s newborn photos taken last Saturday morning.  We were referred to a friend of a friend, who came to our house for the photo session.  We spent nearly two hours having little man’s pictures taken, as well as family photos, and I cannot wait to see how they turned out!

5.  Believe it or not, little man will be a month old tomorrow.  A month old already!  Time is just flying by!  Its quite exciting that he’ll get to celebrate being a month old with his first major snowstorm.  I’m sure we’ll all enjoy the extra cuddle time that we’ll get to spend together while we’re snowed in during this weekend’s blizzard.

little man

QOTD: What exciting things are going on with you?

DC-Trifecta-Friday-Five-linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 11

Aww, your little boy is just adorable Kathryn. It shines through on your blog how much you are enjoying motherhood. Enjoy the snowstorm and stay warm. I’m excited to be heading up to Boston on Sunday morning (fingers crossed) and will spend a few days with mom and my sister.

Aww…I can’t believe he’s already a month old! Stay warm this weekend and enjoy the cuddle time 🙂

3. time flies when you’re having fun!! enjoy being snuggle bound at home this weekend. I”m quite looking forward to the snowstorm – but not all these annoying weathermen who finally have something to do! lol

4. How is he a month old?! Seriously my jaw dropped when I read that. I guess the holidays are such a blur so it has gone by fast (even for an outsider hehe). 🙂 He totally looks like P in that photo too…sorry mom! As for sports bras, I read that you’re actually not supposed to wash them after every use, unless of course you get crazy sweaty or they’re a little stinky. So you might be able to get away with multiple uses or hand washing them until your new ones come in. Hope you guys do ok with the snow!

5. Wow! One month old already???!!! Y’all stay safe and warm this weekend!!!

6. Ah newborn pics are the cutest! Can’t wait to see them. Enjoy those runs what great me time.

7. That’s the cutest picture! Glad you got the okay to resume exercise again. Stay safe and warn through blizzard weekend!

8. Sounds like a busy but good busy week! I am looking forward to the first snow of the year! Stay warm 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

9. What a little cutie! Isn’t it crazy how fast the time goes?! People always say it, but I never understood it until I had my baby girl. She’s almost a year old, and I keep wondering how that could be!

Enjoy the snow, and be safe!

10. He is just the most adorable little cuddle buddy for a blizzard!

He’s so adorable. His expression is like he doesn’t quite believe how much snow you’re supposed to get.

12. Eeee a month already! He is so cute. I used to sell many Moving Comfort bras to new mothers, the Velcro straps are so convenient! Enjoy being stuck inside with the snow! I’m so glad its not hitting me 🙂

13. I hope this snow storm isn’t as bad as they say, but I’m happy you’re getting prepared! I hope the little man likes snow 🙂

Stay safe in this storm! Yay for being able to run again!! That’s super exciting! 😀 Have a great weekend!

15. NutriFitMama says:

He is a CUTIE! Congratulations! It feels so good to finally get to workout after having a baby, doesn’t it?! And stay warm- we are getting some “good” snow here in Nashville (for us that is!), but I keep hearing about what’s expected up there!

16. He’s such a cutie!
    And can I just say, you totally don’t even look like you just had a baby a few weeks ago in that picture, I think you will probably be making most “just had a baby” gals very jealous, But awesome for you!!!
    Enjoy your weekend and your storm! Guess it will be your little guys first snow storm, I definitely think that means mom and dad need to make him a big ol’ snowman in the yard, LOL
    Oh, and YAY on being able to run again!!!

17. Sharon says:

Yay for being cleared to run! I remember being excited when I was cleared. Your little man is so cute! Hope the storm isn’t too bad. Stay warm!

18. Oh your little man is just the cutest! Stay safe in all that snow!

19. Your little guy is so cute! I wish you lived by me so he could be my patient…I could see him all the time then!

When I was breastfeeding, I found a Speedo sportsbra to accommodate my much large girls. I had bruises on my shoulders. But I was able to run the whole time I breastfed them. Being that large (my Bs went to a DD) made me really appreciate having smaller breasts!

20. Oh my! A mth old already. Time really flies by. He has got the biggest blue eyes. So adorable! Enjoy your wkend snowed in w this little guy.

21. runsaltrun says:

His sweet face! I cannot believe he’s a month already and I know it must have flown by for you! I hope you guys are faring well down in your neck of the woods this weekend!

22. so glad that he got to experience his first big snow storm along with his one month old marker! yay!!