Friday Five – Five of My Favorite Blogs

This week’s Friday Five topic with the DC Trifecta is “Favorites.”  As I was contemplating all of the “Favorites” lists that I could put together, it dawned on me that I haven’t recently shared a list of some of my favorite blogs that I read on a regular basis.  And by recently, I mean its been over a year (since September 2014 to be exact) since I last shared a list of some of my favorite blogs.

1.  Two Runners Travel (formerly known as We Run Disney)

Celebrating with Christine at the finish line of the Shamrock Half Marathon last March

Pam and Christine’s blog was one of the very first blogs that I started reading.  Not only do I enjoy reading about their running journeys, but I also enjoy reading about their travel adventures.  One of the things that I appreciate most about Pam and Christine’s blog is that they don’t get wrapped up in the hype of sponsored campaigns.  One of the things that is most important to me in choosing which blogs to read is that I want to read blogs written by those who remain true to themselves, and their passion for the topics that they write about comes across very clearly in their posts..

2.  Runaway Bridal Planner

I first connected with Kristy about a year ago on Twitter just before her first Grow Your Blog Hop, and since participating in that hop last February have become an avid reader of Kristy’s blog.  She blogs about a number of topics, one that is of particular interest to me is traveling.  I’ve added a number of new destinations to my travel bucket list after reading about Kristy’s travel experiences to various locations.

3.  Taking the Long Way Home

If you’re looking for an inspirational runner to follow, then look no further than Wendy’s blog.  I always love reading Wendy’s training recaps, as she continuously inspires me to want to push myself further and harder.  She sets goals for herself, and takes a “no excuses” approach to conquering her goals.  No goal seems too lofty for her, which inspires me to want to push myself that much harder to reach my own goals.

4.  Road Runner Girl

Mindy and I have a number of things in common, including that we’re both teachers and have a love for Disney.  She and I connected very quickly through blogging and social media, and I truly hope to be able to meet Mindy in person one day (maybe at a runDisney event?!?).  One of the most inspiring things about Mindy is her run streak.  Just this week she celebrated her 600th day in a row of running!

5.  This Mama Runs for Cupcakes

ambassadors

Sue (on the far right), myself, and other Fit Foodie 5k Ambassadors back in June

I cannot remember when I first started reading Sue’s blog, but I’ve always looked up to Sue for her ability to balance motherhood, working as a nurse, and maintaining an active lifestyle.  I truly appreciate her honesty about the difficulties she faces in balancing everything, and now that I’m a mom I’m sure I’ll find even more value in her insight than I previously have.  On top of that, she’s a killer athlete and has achieved a number of incredible running accomplishments, and I always look forward to reading her race recaps.

QOTD: What is one of your favorite blogs?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Friday Five – Five of My Favorite Blogs

Kathryn I am so flattered by your comments. We have greatly enjoyed getting to “know” you through your blog and look forward to meeting up with you at more races in the future. I also can’;t wait to meet your precious little boy!

2. Aw thanks Kathryn! I’m so flattered that you included us, and among other blogs we really enjoy as well. The feeling is entirely mutual. Hope you have a great weekend! 🙂

3. Happy Friday! You mentioned a few of my favorites (including your blog!) and two I am not familiar with. I’ll have to check them out! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

4. Stunned! And honored to make your list!!! I’ve had a blast following you, especially through your pregnancy journey. You were so inspiring! I’m looking forward to your comeback journey!

Thank you!

Awww, thank you so much! I have enjoyed reading your blog as well!! YOU are truly an inspiration to all of those soon-to-be moms! I was in awe of you and how you did it all through your pregnancy. I didn’t workout at all when I was preggers! You are going to be such an amazing role model for that little guy of yours!

6. runsaltrun says:

I love ALL these blogs! (And I need to get back in to reading all of them too!) I agree with Sue…you’re such a great inspiration. I’m still in awe of how much you ran while pregnant!

Staying true to the writer is also something I look for in blogs, and to keep up on my own blog. I buy things because I like them, and won’t buy stuff I don’t like. I loved Kristy’s blog hop because I found other blogs I can read and enjoy 🙂

8. I love Sue’s blog too- and I agree, I don’t know how she does it ALL!!! I started reading blogs because of Peanut Butter Fingers and she was my favorite for a long time. Now I enjoy reading more informational blogs: I love Real Mom Nutrition! There are so many blogs out there that it is super fun to see what everyone else is reading!

9. We are fans of each of these blogs as well! Great picks!

10. All some of my favorite blogs, too :). Happy Friday

11. The first blog I ever read was Peanut Butter Fingers, but I also love lots of other HLBs now, including yours!

12. Kathryn, Thank you you are so sweet! I absolutely love reading your blog too, Your an amazing and incredible woman, I was so impressed with how you handled pregnancy and keeping your running and fitness up at the same time. You also come up with a lot of fun creative posts, I love the way you put your own spin on running topics! So happy we found each others blog, I look forward to seeing all the amazing things you’ll do next as a new mom. I have a feeling your sweet baby could very well one day turn out to be a great runner because of you:) If not runner, definitely a great athlete of some kind. With you as a mom and motivator how could he not, right!

13. Those are some of my favorite blogs as well and a few are new to me I will check them out!

14. Sharon says:

Great list!! I follow most of the blogs you listed, the others for sure on social media. I will have to check out their blogs now! Thanks for sharing!

15. Great list! I enjoy most of those and the ones I haven’t checked out yet I plan to!

16. I like all of these bloggers as well and of course YOU! I’ve listed a few of my favorite today as well! I didn’t list Fueled by LOLZ but I really enjoy her blog. She’s fun! 🙂 happy Friday!

17. Great list – I love reading all those blogs as well 🙂

18. Two Runners Travel is one of my favorites! I’ll have to check out the others on your list!

19. jillconyers says:

Great list Kathryn. You’ve included some of my favorites.

20. kristenk says:

I love all of these bloggers too! They always have such great posts and I’m always so excited about their race recaps.

21. Oh my goodness I’m so honored to make this list! I LOVE your blog Kathryn! I can’t wait to meet you in person one day! I know we are going to be instant friends!!! Thanks so much for all the kind words!!!! 🙂