My Little Christmas Present

A week ago today, my life changed forever.  When I sat down last Tuesday morning to write my 2015 Year in Review post, I never imagined how that evening I’d start on a journey that would immediately outdate that post.

Meet my little running partner!  He made his grand entrance on Wednesday, December 23rd at 4:57 p.m.  He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces, and was 21 inches in length.

hospital

After going into labor around 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Preston and I left for the hospital at 3:45 a.m on Wednesday, and by that evening had our little man in our arms.  We feel so blessed to have received such an incredible early Christmas present.

first Christmas

We were discharged from the hospital Christmas afternoon, and are so thankful to have been able to spend our first Christmas as a family of three at home.  We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner cooked by my mom before settling in Christmas night to open presents.

first Christmas 1

When we found out that we were expecting, I never imagined that I’d spend Christmas Eve and a good part of Christmas Day at the hospital.  This Christmas was unlike any previous Christmas, but in so many ways was the best Christmas ever.  Preston and I are so thankful that all three of our little man’s grandparents were at the hospital with us for his birth and were able to celebrate his arrival with us.

Since arriving home, we’ve been working on getting to know our little man.  We’ve been thoroughly enjoying our time with him, and on Sunday were even able to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather we’ve had here in the DC area to be able to go on our first family walk.  I can’t wait to enjoy many more walks, and eventually runs, with our little guy.

Our first picture as a family of four

Our first picture as a family of four

As I’m sure you can imagine, getting into a new routine, including blogging, will take some time.  Hopefully I’ll be able to establish a new norm, both at home and with my blogging, sooner than later.  Until that happens, I’ll be enjoying my time with my little Christmas present.

QOTD: What was the best Christmas present that you received this year?

This entry was posted in Parenthood. Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to My Little Christmas Present

1. Oh, this is so wonderful!! Congrats! ❤ routine will come. Blogging can wait. Your child will grow even more quickly than you could imagine. My son is 10 and taller than me now!!! It breaks my heart. And when I look back I'm glad I chose to enjoy the time with him that I had. Enjoy it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your sweet family!!!

2. He is simply adorable. Congratulations to you two on your new addition!!!!!!! My best Christmas present was watching the kids experience Christmas. This year we hit the “sweet spot” – the oldest still believes in Santa Claus and the youngest finally “gets it”. So they were all three totally lit up with joy at the whole experience.

3. Coco says:

Congratulations! Definitely the best Christmas gift ever, and when he gets a little older you can tell him he’s special because he was delivered by Santa instead of a stork. 😉

4. Congrats on your beautiful baby boy! That is certainly an incredible Christmas present 🙂

5. I. just. can’t. he is beautiful!! so many congratulations – and Merry Christmas! 🙂 my best present was my Fitbit Charge HR which I’m in love with. Also watching my family open their gifts and getting to spend some time with my 1 year old nephew was priceless!

6. Congrats! He is just the cutest. Enjoy every minute with him because trust me, time goes by way too fast!!

Huge congrats to you both, he’s adorable!

8. He is so adorable: congrats to you and Preston! I am so happy for you guys and can sense the love in the pictures!

For me, just being able to go home and hang out with my family. It has been way too long for me

9. Congratulations! Great tidings of comfort and joy to your family at the holidays, indeed 🙂

10. I don’t think anyone received a christmas present as precious as this one! Congrats to you. Glad everything was fine and you were able to be out of the hospital and spending christmas at home as a family! You look great Mama!

11. Congratulations to you and Preston! The little guy is just so adorable 🙂 Enjoy every moment with that little one, he will grow and change so quickly!

Also, as someone who went through this recently, don’t beat yourself up if it takes time to get back to “normal” (aka everything you were doing before the baby). It’s a really tough thing, and sometimes you will have to let things go. That was tough for me, but just know it’s something that you may experience. I wasn’t prepared for that!

12. Congratulations! He looks so adorable.

He is so adorable! I love that photo of you guys on your first family walk together 🙂

14. Oh what a fantastic Christmas present! Enjoy your time settling in as a family, the blog can definitely wait. Congratulations, he’s adorable!

15. Congrats congrats! Those little cheeks are too cute! Favorite gift(s)….I got a new backpack (signs you are getting older haha) and some workout stuff. So nice you four were able to take a walk outside.

16. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you 🙂

Such a sweet and precious Christmas gift! Congratulations!!

18. Congratulations! He’s adorable!!!!

19. The best! He’s so cute and I am loving all the pics on Insta – keep em coming 🙂 Best Christmas ever, indeed!

A very merry Christmas indeed. Congrats on your new arrival and receiving the best Christmas present ever. You and baby look wonderful and next year will bring a host of firsts for you and your family of three!

21. sasrubel says:

Congrats to your little family! What a beautiful Christmas present!

22. So sweet! Congratulations!
    Our youngest was 3 weeks old at her first Christmas – it was so nice to snuggle a little baby over the holidays 🙂 Enjoy!

23. Sharon says:

Congrats! What a great Christmas present! He’s adorable!! Also so nice that both sides of the family were there to celebrate! I bet it’s great to have that extra help so you can pay more attention to the baby!

24. Congratulations! He is a doll! Sounds like you’re doing well and off to the beginning of an incredible journey. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

25. Big big congrats again!!! He is absolutely beautiful and you all make such a cute family! I hope he enjoys his first New Year’s! He’ll be running before you know it!

26. MCM Mama says:

Congratulations on your new little guy! What an awesome Christmas present!

27. CONGRAtULATIONS!!!!! What an amazing Christmas present — he is gorgeous! So happy for you!

28. haleyduke17 says:

He’s gorgeous!!! Congrats and Merry Christmas to you and the hubby.

29. Best Christmas gift ever- Congratulations!!!

OMG, he is adorable and so alert in that picture of him in stripes!! I had Ryan a week before Christmas but we had to stay in the hospital for almost a week, so didn’t get home until Christmas eve. Not exactly the way I thought I would spend it either, but that little Christmas present was worth it!! Congrats Kathryn, so happy for you!!

31. An AMAZING Christmas present for sure! Congratulations!!!

32. Alyse says:

Congrats!! He is beautiful, as is your whole family of four. 💗💗

33. Sanibel says:

So happy for you and the arrival of your new little guy!

34. Pingback: Friday Five – Happy First Birthday to My Little Man! | From Dancing to Running