Happy Friday everybody! With us getting closer and closer to the baby’s arrival, time continues to fly by at what seems to be a faster rate each week. I know that I haven’t been great at keeping up blogging on a consistent basis recently, and I do apologize for that. But as I’m sure you can imagine, we’ve been super busy preparing for the baby’s arrival, and I’ve also been busy wrapping things up at work. Some days I’ve just been too exhausted to blog.
I had another exciting week this past week, and next week will be even more exciting, especially with Christmas being one week from today. Highlights from this past week and the coming week include:
1. Today marks my last day of work and the start of my maternity leave! We have a two hour early dismissal today, and once I wrap up the last of my grading and some other loose ends at school, I’ll be on leave until I return to school in the spring!
2. I am now considered full term! My due dates (yes, my OB has two listed on all of my paperwork), are this coming Monday and Thursday. Its exciting to know that the little guy could make his debut any day now. At Tuesday’s OB appointment, my doctor said that I’m making progress and she does not think that my scheduled induction for late this month will be necessary. We’ll see if she’s right! Some days, it feels like just yesterday that we found out that we were expecting, and other days it feels like time has been dragging.
3. Just like last year, I participated in the Blogger Holiday Card Swap that Lacey and Meranda from Fairytales and Fitness hosted. Earlier this week I received my card and treat from Chaitali from Running and Enjoying the Journey. She’s also a Disney and runDisney fan like I am, so you can imagine how excited I was to receive this adorable card from her. I put my card in the mail to my secret blogger yesterday. I hope she enjoys her special treat!
4. My parents will be arriving here from Illinois early next week. Preston and I can’t wait to have them here to not only celebrate Christmas but so that they can also get to know their grandson.
5. Wednesday evening I logged into my RunKeeper account and calculated my fitness stats from my pregnancy. It was amazing to see just how many miles I’ve run, walked, and logged on the elliptical since getting pregnant at the end of March.
QOTD: What is one highlight from your week?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!