I’m a 2016 ZOOMA Ambassador!

I received exciting news about two weeks ago – that I’ve been accepted as a 2016 ZOOMA Women’s Race Series Ambassador!  Though I’ve never run a ZOOMA race before, I’ve always been intrigued by their women’s centered focus and their desire to create unique destination race experiences that help to promote women living healthy, active lifestyles.  I’ve also heard great things about their race weekends from other women who have run their races.

Photo Credit: ZOOMA Women's Race Series

Photo Credit: ZOOMA Women’s Race Series

In 2016 ZOOMA will be hosting three destination race weekends:

June 4th – Annapolis, Maryland (Half Marathon and 10k)
September 24th – Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Half Marathon and 10k)
October 22nd – Amelia Island, Florida (Half Marathon, 12k, and 5k)

I currently plan to run in Annapolis the first weekend of June.  My goal is to run the half marathon as my first post baby half marathon, though if training doesn’t go as I hope I’ll run the 10k instead.

In 2016 ZOOMA will also be hosting its first ever virtual challenge, with participants receiving winter training advice and then participating in a virtual race on or around February 14th.  The Run Love Challenge is open to women of all ability levels, as the virtual race will be either a 5k or a 10k.  I’m looking forward to completing the virtual 5k as my first post baby “race,” though we’ll see if I’ll be running or walking the race based on my postpartum recovery.

run love challenge

Photo Credit: ZOOMA Women’s Race Series

Registration for the virtual challenge is currently open, and for the $50 registration fee you’ll receive:

• 5K/10K Training Program
  • Cozy Run Love Sweatshirt
  • ZOOMA Run Love medal
  • Weekly newsletter
  • Bonus ZOOMALife Radio podcast episode
  • Swag from our sponsors (including Feetures! socks)
  • Access to a private ZOOMA Challenge Facebook group
  • Audio for your Virtual Race from Motigo (Motigo allows you to hear personalized audio messaged from your loved ones during your virtual run)

Training for the virtual challenge begins on January 4th, and registration closes on January 11th, so don’t delay registering.  And maybe if friends or family are still looking for gift ideas for you, you might suggest that they gift you a virtual race challenge registration.

Stay tuned because soon I’ll receive a discount code that is good for the three destination races (not for the virtual challenge).  You know that I’ll be sure to share the code with all of you once I receive it!

QOTD: What major races(s) are on your 2016 calendar?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to I’m a 2016 ZOOMA Ambassador!

Congrats Kathryn on your Zooma news. It sounds like a great goal to run a half marathon 6 months after your son is born. Annapolis is close too so that will be convenient for you! My big races on my 2016 include the Mickey Marathon, London Marathon and DL Paris Half…wow, it’s lots of travel for races next year!

Congrats, Kathryn! Exciting to hear this will be your first half marathon post baby. Ahh too bad I’ll be in Vermont that weekend, otherwise I probably would have signed up 🙂

3. CARLA says:

I LOVE THEM.
    and gave em some love today as well.
    CONGRATS!!!

4. Congrats, I’m a new Ambassador too! I ran the Zooma Annapolis 10K and loved it, but I will say the half marathon course is really tough and in June the weather was really miserable last year! I’ll be doing the virtual run and Cape Cod, so exciting!

5. Yay!!!! Congratulations! I can’t wait to run together in Annapolis! I wonder if our babies will share the same birthday!

6. Congrats!! That’s so very exciting and I bet you’ll have loads of fun.

7. Congratulations!! I didn’t apply this year – too many conflicts with other things but also not a big fan of the Annapolis race – it gets SO hot! But ZOOMA is a great organization. I know you’ll love it.

8. Congratulations! I’d love to be one someday.

9. Elle says:

Congratulations! You are a great choice as a Zooma Ambassador. Will look forward to reading about your training!

10. WOOHOOO!!!! Congratulations!!! Very exciting! I hope Zooma comes to NYC one day!

11. Congrats! Zooma does seem fun from the posts i’ve read. I think we are really gonna cut back on our ambassadorships this coming year, especially for races that require traveling!

Congrats! This sounds like a good option for the first post-baby race, especially with a 10k and a half being available.

13. Cool! I am thinking about signing up for the Colfax Half in Denver but not certain. This post has inspired me though!

14. Very cool congratulations! I have’t run one of their races, but I have hears some great things!!!

Congrats! I’ve got the Tinker Bell 10k in May, and after that I’ll see where I am and what to do.

16. I love Zooma races! I’ve run Annapolis a few times they do a great job. Amelia Island is on my list for sure.

17. Coco says:

Congratulations! What a great way to make that post-baby running goal really mean something. I’ve got the Reston 10 Miler, Cherry Blossom and GW Parkway Classic lined up for March and April.

18. Congrats on the ambassadorship! If they had a race in Chicago, I would have considered applying. I did run Zooma when they were here, but it wasn’t my favorite race. It was fun to run with all my friends, tho!

19. kristenk says:

Congrats!!!! It’s so exciting that you’re already making racing plans! And I’m so tempted by that virtual race. This is always what happens to me – I stop being totally injured and then want to run all the races ASAP. I’m trying to have some self control over here and stay non-injured! But hey, I can probably manage a 5k by February…

20. I have always wanted to runs zooms race, I may join the virtual run.

21. Zooma, not zoo a and congrats!

22. congrats! I would love to try one of these races at some point

23. Kathryn that is awesome! Congrats. They’re lucky to have you.

24. Jessica says:

Ohhh how fun! Congrats dear!

25. Congrats! Annapolis is such a fun race – I wish I could run the others too.

26. Pingback: ZOOMA Annapolis Half Marathon Training Log – Week 2 | From Dancing to Running

27. Pingback: My Updated 2016 Race Calendar | From Dancing to Running