Friday Five – Potpourri v. 9

Today’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is dream racecations.  Back in April I shared a list of my five bucket list racecations, and since my list hasn’t really changed since eight months ago, I thought it would be silly to write the same list again.  But if you’re looking for racecation ideas, be sure to check the post out!

As I’m sure you can imagine, the baby has been on my mind constantly lately.  With his due date less than three weeks away, Preston and I are in the midst of trying to get as much done around the house as possible.  I’m also trying to tie up loose ends at school in anticipation of the start of my maternity leave.

Five highlights from my week included:

1.  Knowing that as I headed to work on Monday that I had no more than three weeks of work left until maternity leave starts.  My goal since finding out the baby’s due date has been to make it to Winter Break.  The last day of school is Friday, December 18th, so we’ll see if I make it til then.

2.  Getting in a good hour long workout at the gym on Tuesday.  It felt amazing to spend 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes of weight training.  I’m starting to wonder how many more workouts I’ll get to experience with this view:

elliptical

3.  Finding out from my OB at my appointment on Wednesday that the little guy has started to drop and he’s most definitely head down.  She doesn’t think there’s space for him to flip himself around, so fingers are crossed that he stays in his current position!

4.  Coming home from work on Tuesday to find a nice collection of boxes from Amazon on our front door step.  This is what happens when you redeem your Amazon baby registry over Thanksgiving weekend and take advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

amazon

5.  Generally feeling good this week!  The last couple of weeks haven’t been easy, but for whatever reason I’ve had much more energy this week.  My Assistant Principal commented about it yesterday, saying that he can’t remember the last time that he saw me feeling as great as I do this week.

QOTD: What was one highlight of your week?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Pregnancy and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 9

1. Carla says:

First sentence of number five made me smile. That’s my world as well. A really really nice week and I’m profoundly grateful

2. Oooh, that burst of energy! I think they call it “nesting”…time to get the last minute prep done!

Great news that the head is down and baby boy is getting ready for the big day! How great that you could take advantage of Cyber Monday…most births are not quite as perfectly timed as yours Kathryn! Highlight of my week was decorating the USO building for the Marines and their families yesterday!

4. Hhaaha I ordered a bunch of stuff from prime too. Glad hubby didn’t see it all come in!

5. Yay! Glad you’re feeling great. Looks like you guys are set for baby T’s arrival! Highlight of my week…probably learning to surf on the waves in Waikiki and getting up on my first try. 🙂 That was an easy one this week! Have a great weekend!

6. mkadens1 says:

Sounds like it’s all systems go for baby’s arrival! Excited for you!

7. Love the view on the elliptical! I think my highlight of the week was a 5 mile run yesterday in cold windy conditions followed by a nice LONG soak in an Epsom salt bath where no one bothered me 🙂

Great news about the baby! Hopefully he does stay and you can see him soon, but after all the stuff that needs to be done is done 🙂

9. Happy you’re both doing well! I know that getting the news he is in the right spot is often such a relief. And just think — once he comes, your workout view will be of him hanging out next to you while you elliptical, run or spin!

10. haleyduke17 says:

Glad you are feeling good. And kudos to you for scoring so many awesome finds on Amazon. I’m slacking this year. I need to get up on that now!

11. I love when all the boxes start coming in and I remember how much I bought. Extra glad when my husband is not home to see them all. 🙂

12. Wow! Look at all those boxes! I hope you make it to the winter break!

13. Oh man, Amazon deliveries. Make my life so happy.

One highlight of my week was finally getting my X-mas tree, Chester. I love him the most.

14. That’s great to hear that you are feeling good this wk. Just a few wk longer. I bet you can’t wait! It’s always fun to come home to packages.

15. Ahhh! Getting so close!!! I’ve also had more energy this week. Strange! I’ve been trying to use the energy to organize all of the stuff I know I need to, but don’t want to. That way it’s done and it won’t populate the back of my mind any longer.
    Only a few weeks left! 🙂

Yay! So glad you are feeling good! Now comes the fun part!!

17. I swear that swing has magical powers- you will love it as much as your baby does 🙂

18. You are almost there! Glad you are feeling good. Enjoy these last few weeks.

19. You see amazon boxes of fun. I see more hours my husband will be at work. haha! It’s great to read how good you’re feeling.

20. kristenk says:

It sounds like things are currently going awesome! I hope you can hold out at work for just 2 more weeks!

21. love all the boxes and SO glad that you are feeling better!! 🙂