Today’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is dream racecations. Back in April I shared a list of my five bucket list racecations, and since my list hasn’t really changed since eight months ago, I thought it would be silly to write the same list again. But if you’re looking for racecation ideas, be sure to check the post out!
As I’m sure you can imagine, the baby has been on my mind constantly lately. With his due date less than three weeks away, Preston and I are in the midst of trying to get as much done around the house as possible. I’m also trying to tie up loose ends at school in anticipation of the start of my maternity leave.
Five highlights from my week included:
1. Knowing that as I headed to work on Monday that I had no more than three weeks of work left until maternity leave starts. My goal since finding out the baby’s due date has been to make it to Winter Break. The last day of school is Friday, December 18th, so we’ll see if I make it til then.
2. Getting in a good hour long workout at the gym on Tuesday. It felt amazing to spend 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes of weight training. I’m starting to wonder how many more workouts I’ll get to experience with this view:
3. Finding out from my OB at my appointment on Wednesday that the little guy has started to drop and he’s most definitely head down. She doesn’t think there’s space for him to flip himself around, so fingers are crossed that he stays in his current position!
4. Coming home from work on Tuesday to find a nice collection of boxes from Amazon on our front door step. This is what happens when you redeem your Amazon baby registry over Thanksgiving weekend and take advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.
5. Generally feeling good this week! The last couple of weeks haven’t been easy, but for whatever reason I’ve had much more energy this week. My Assistant Principal commented about it yesterday, saying that he can’t remember the last time that he saw me feeling as great as I do this week.
QOTD: What was one highlight of your week?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!