Disclaimer: Through my affiliation with Fit Approach, I received SmartyPants Adult Complete Travel Packs in exchange for this review. As always, all opinions are my own.
Its hard to believe that Thanksgiving is one week from tomorrow! With Thanksgiving right around the corner, that also means that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is almost upon us. But just because you’re spending extra time with friends and loved ones doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your health or fitness levels.
So what can you do in order to stay healthy during the busy holiday season?
- Pencil your workouts into your calendar along with your social and family events. That way, you’ll be more likely to keep on top of your fitness routine and will know which days you might need to make some adjustments.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Missing one or two workouts won’t be the end of the world. December is always a busy month for so many of us, and life is all about finding balance. And just like a missed workout here or there isn’t a huge deal, shortening a workout here or there also isn’t a huge deal. Its better to get in 30 minutes of activity than perhaps the full hour that you might have planned on.
- Meal plan each week and keep healthy foods in the house. Even if you find yourself eating out more, especially at holiday parties, having healthy foods stocked at home will help ensure that you’re finding balance in what you eat instead of resorting to processed foods, or even worse, take out, after returning from a long day out of the house.
- Register for and participate in a holiday themed race. Last year, I ran both a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and then a Christmas themed race in early December. Although I’m no longer running at this point in my pregnancy, I still hope to get a walk in on Thanksgiving day to help balance the hearty meal that I’ll be eating with family.
- Find a way to hold yourself accountable, such as an online fitness challenge group. Just like last year, I’m participating in the Holiday Sweat Challenge with Fit Approach. Although I’m working out less than I was when I participated in the challenge last year, its still a lot of fun to have the support of other like minded people during a busy time of the year.
- Take your vitamins! Its easy to forget to take your daily vitamins and supplements when you’re extra busy, especially if you’re traveling. But your vitamins are super important, especially when life is busy and you’re constantly on the go.
For additional tips, be sure to check out my post from last November on 5 Tips for Staying on Track During the Holidays.
Want an easy way to keep your vitamins with you at all times? You’re in luck then! Through my affiliation with Fit Approach, I have the opportunity to share a box of 15 travel packs of SmartyPants Adult Complete Vitamins with one lucky reader. (You can check out my review of the vitamins here – my opinion on these vitamins hasn’t changed since I first received them back in September!). Be sure to head over to my Rafflecopter giveaway in order to enter for your chance to win a box of the travel packs! Giveaway ends on Tuesday, November 24th at 11:59 p.m. EST, and is open to residents in the United States and Canada.
QOTD: What is one tip for staying healthy during the busy holiday season?