This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is “Ways to Stay Healthy During the Holidays.” I have an upcoming post planned for next week on this very topic, with a giveaway as a part of the post, so be sure to stay tuned for my tips for staying healthy during the busy holiday season. In the meantime, you can check out a post that I wrote a year ago for tips for staying on track during the holidays.
Today, I thought I’d share some of what I’ve been up to lately and what’s been on my mind.
1. I’m currently participating in the Grow Your Blog Hop, hosted by Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner. I participated in her first blog hop back in February, and found it to be a great networking experience. Though some of the other bloggers in the blog hop are bloggers that I’ve previously connected with, there are many new bloggers that I’ve enjoyed virtually meeting and connecting with for the first time.
2. Since running/walking Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly two weeks ago, I’ve slowed down quite a bit. I haven’t run once since the half marathon, and am thinking I probably won’t be running again until after our little guy is born. I’ve only gotten to the gym twice, and gotten outside one additional time for a 30 minute walk with Preston and Riley. Now that I’m 34 weeks pregnant, third trimester exhaustion has set in, and listening to my body’s screams for extra rest is more important than pushing my body too much right now.
3. While I love Christmas, the amount of Christmas stuff that is already out is a bit excessive. Not only have I heard nothing but Christmas music played in a number of stores that I’ve been in since the day after Halloween, but I came across two radio stations yesterday afternoon that are already playing nonstop Christmas music. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas, but can we please get through Thanksgiving first?!?
It’s Nov 12th and multiple radio stations are playing nonstop Christmas music already #canwepleasegetthroughThanksgivingfirst
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) November 12, 2015
4. While I’m not ready for nonstop Christmas music yet, I’ll admit that I have started my Christmas shopping. With our little guy’s due date being Christmas Eve, I’m trying to get a head start on my shopping and get things taken care of before I start to feel too tired and run down.
5. We’re slowly but surely making progress towards getting ready for our little guy’s arrival. Each week I try to spend some time working on organizing and putting things away in the nursery, and last weekend I started packing the diaper bag and writing my hospital bag packing list. I’m hoping to finish enough laundry this weekend to pack most of my hospital bag so that if I were to go into labor early we’d be prepared and ready to go.
QOTD: What are your thoughts on Christmas decorations being out and Christmas music being played this early in November?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!