Post Race Celebrations

Its been awhile since I’ve participated in the Tuesdays on the Run linkup (since the end of June to be exact), but when I saw this week’s theme for the linkup, I just knew I had to participate.

This week’s TOTR topic is Post Race Celebrations.  Having completed a number of races, my post race celebrations have varied greatly, from an informal celebration at home with Preston to wine tasting to a fancy dinner out with my parents.  Some of my favorite post race celebrations include:

Wine and cheese on the deck after this year’s Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run

wine and cheese

Our baby shower after this year’s Dulles Day 5k

baby shower

(Okay, this wasn’t exactly a “race celebration” but it was a party with friends and family only a couple of hours after completing a race, so I’m including it)

Wine tasting at vineyards in Charlottesville after the Charlottesville Fall Classic 10k in 2013

Celebrating at one of the many wineries in the Charlottesville area

Dinner with Preston and my parents at California Grill after the Disney World Half Marathon in 2014 (my first half marathon)

191

QOTD: What is your most memorable post race celebration?

I’m linking up today with Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Patty from My No-Guilt Life, and Marcia from Marcia’s Healthy Slice for the Tuesdays on the Run Linkup.  Be sure to check out their posts as well!

Tuesdays-on-the-run

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Post Race Celebrations

1. Wine and cheese looks like a great way to celebrate!

2. Patty H says:

I’m with you on the wine and cheese! Fun celebrations- and thanks for joining us again today!

3. My husband and I ran the very first ever Rock and Roll marathon, which was in San Diego. The concept of a post race concert was brand new back them (1998) and it was held downtown in a huge parking lot. Aside from having no seating (not great for post-marathon legs), it was a great celebration.

4. I really enjoyed my first post-Disney race brunch, after the Half Marathon at the Captain’s Grille. They made me GF Mickey Waffles and I was in heaven!

I like the idea of going to a vineyard after a race. I missed the Boordy 5K (at the Boordy Vineyard) after my flight was delayed / got sick. I’ve been wanting to visit Charlottesville again, I’ll need to consider some of their races in the next couple of years.

6. Love the wine and cheese! I think any time that I have a gigantic brunch after a race, I’m happy. When I ran my first half marathon, my sister was there, and it was great that we could celebrate together.

7. Stephanie says:

Chocolate milk for me! Usually there isn’t chocolate milk available, but at the Dam to Dam half marathon they had it and I was so excited 🙂

8. You can never go wrong when there is wine involved during a post race celebration:)

9. You have had some great post race celebrations! You just finished a freaking race, I think that right there is cause enough for celebration!! All of my celebrations after races involve FOOD! lol. 🙂

Wine and cheese looks like fun. I think if I did a race in wine country, I’d have to stay a few days after to celebrate with the wine.

11. I’m all about a big recovery smoothie after a race – then a big dinner with some wine later that night 🙂

12. You have had some really fun celebrations!! Anything with FOOD makes a great post-run celebration for me!!

13. mkadens1 says:

You’ve had some great celebrations! How can one beat a baby shower? My most memorable post-race celebration was probably after Twin Cities when we headed to the Mall of America and rode the roller coasters.

14. I like your post-race rituals! Fun but not too crazy.

15. Elizabeth says:

You’e had some great post race celebrations! My post race activities are usually driving home from the race and lounging around my house the rest of the day. But seriously, how can we top baby shower post race?!

16. I actually have yet to do any sort of post race celebration lol I just always feel so nauseous after longer races that all I want to do is go home and sleep. Oh wait last year after philly half I went to ihop after!

I prefer to go home and drink a bottle of champagne 😉

18. I really liked the Wine and Dine Half afterparty when I went in 2013. Most recently I went to the Oregon Wine Country Half after party and loved it too!