Friday Five – Favorite Race Signs

Today’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is Favorite Race Signs.  At any race, I look forward to the crowd support.  The spectators often assist in helping motivate me to stay focused as I work towards moving myself towards the finish line.  And its at races that I’m struggling when I really lean on the crowd support, and often their funny race signs, to help lighten the mood and help me to refocus when I’m running.

So what have some of my favorite race signs said?

1.  “Today you’re all Kenyans”

2.  “Free High Fives” – I especially loving seeing children holding these signs, or simply holding their hands out ready to give a high five.  Their enthusiasm is priceless.

032

3.  “You run the first mile with your brain, and the rest with your heart”

4.  “Worst parade ever”

5.  “You’re running better than Metro” and “You’re running better than Congress” – Two of my favorite DC/government related signs, and you wouldn’t believe how often these signs are seen at DC area races!

QOTD: What is the best race sign that you’ve seen while running a race?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – Favorite Race Signs

1. I saw a sign at the MKE Run Fest this past weekend that said “Run Like They Are Giving Away Corgis At the Finish!”.

Done.:)

2. I have never seen, Today you are all Kenyans and I love it. That would have been great to see at the marathon last weekend! I do love the sign, Don’t poop your pants” for marathons because it always makes me laugh, and get nervous at the same time!

3. I made a sign this past year that said “Keep calm and press button for speed”. There was a “button” for them to hit or high five me! That made lots of people laugh!

4. I always love and appreciate the race signs but for the life of me could not remember what they said! Have a great weekend

5. Crowd support during a race is such a huge help! One of my favorite signs I saw at Disney Princess Half Marathon. It said, “Run Like Gaston Proposed!” I couldn’t help but laugh!

I look for signs if I’m struggling during a race. They can make me laugh and are good pick-me-ups.

7. The “nice butt” and “toenails are for sissies” lines always crack me up!

8. mkadens1 says:

There were tons of great ones in Twin Cities, alas I can’t recall a single one. I do love high-5ing the kiddos though!

9. These are hilarious… Worst parade ever!!! Love it! I’m literally laughing out loud!!

10. I love race signs! They’re motivating but also something fun to look at during long races. I made my boyfriend a sign to hold that said, “If you PR, I’ll buy you a bulldog.” but he refused to hold it 😦 😦 😦 I did PR, but still… no bulldog…

11. A friend of mine made a sign for my fiance when I ran my first half marathon that said “Run like it’s the start of the Hunger Games!” Obviously, if you haven’t read the books or seen the movies it doesn’t make much sense but if you have it is hilarious!

12. I love race signs, but I have a hard time remembering even the best ones. For me it’s like re-telling a joke. I’m lousy at it.

13. There have been so many great race signs through the years. I love the ones that kids are holding and I love the ones that say “Hit here for power” or similar.

14. i had some of the same signs on my list as well! 🙂

15. natrunsfar says:

“Today you are all Kenyans” is AWESOME. Love it!!! I always appreciate the time that people take to make signs of encouragement.
    Have an awesome weekend!!

16. Ariana says:

I can’t remember my favourite signs; I know I have seen lots that have made me smile on race courses but I can’t remember them off the top of my head! I always love seeing kids with signs and giving them high fives 🙂

17. I’ve pretty much seen them all! I loved the signs that said “If Trump can run this far, so can you…”

18. I SO appreciate those spectators who take the time to make signs. I try to do that when it is feasible to do so!

19. jillconyers says:

There are always 2 or 3 signs on a race course that make me literally LOL. It’s part of the fun.

I always enjoy the free high fives or power up signs. The kids get so excited to high five – love how happy they get when you oblige.

21. “Worst parade ever” is hilarious! What about “Sweatiest Parade Ever”? Haha.

22. I too love the free high fives sign. Sometimes a high five gives you some motivation to keep moving forward.