Friday Five – Potpourri v. 7

This week’s Free Friday with the DC Trifecta happens to come at the perfect time.  There’s a lot on my mind right now, mostly exciting, but definitely a collection of random things.

1.  Tomorrow I’ll be toeing the start line of my 14th race of the year, my 3rd half marathon of the year, and my 2nd pregnant half marathon.  I’m excited and nervous at the same time about running/walking Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly tomorrow morning.  This will be my first race in Philly, so I’m definitely excited to experience a race in a city that I haven’t previously run in.

logo_phi

2.  My sister-in-law gave birth to our nephew Monday evening.  Preston and I are very much looking forward to meeting the little guy this weekend!

3.  I’ve had lots of fun products to review lately, and over the past two weeks I’ve been challenged to do some baking in order to meet the product campaign requirements.  I usually save the majority of my yearly baking for Christmas time, so its been nice to have a little extra push to bake outside of the month of December.  (Speaking of which, have you checked out my latest recipe for Pumpkin Nut Bread?  Be sure to also enter my Fit Body Bakery giveaway.)

4.  On Monday I shared how overwhelmed I was by everything going on, especially with a busy week at school this week since it was the last week of the quarter.  Once I leave school today, I’ll be able to report that I successfully survived the stressful week!  I’m definitely looking forward to getting caught up on grading during next week’s Teacher Workdays.  It’ll definitely feel less overwhelming once I clear out my “to grade” pile of student assignments.

5.  One thing that’s not exciting, but has been on my mind a lot lately, is gym etiquette.  My frustration with how people act at the gym was pushed over the edge last night when the woman on the elliptical next to me talked on her phone the entire time that I was working out.  It was SO ANNOYING!

QOTD: What’s one exciting thing from your week?  What’s your biggest gym etiquette pet peeve?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 7

Have a wonderful time in Philly! Congrats on the arrival of your nephew, so fun your son will have a cousin that is the same age. Oh I can’t stand when people talk on the phone at the gym, I am not a fan when they are talking the entire time in the locker room as well.

2. Enjoy your race weekend! I used to do a series of tweets with #gymetiquette…drives me nuts! In my gym, there are millions of signs telling you not to talk on cell phones and people still do. Grr!

And for one exciting thing from this week…I would say finishing my 4th marathon (!!) or doing some major home improvement by ripping out quarter round and painting some trim and baseboards in our kitchen.

3. Have a great time this weekend in Philly! I love Philadelphia so much!! And OMG-I would have been SO perturbed with that chick at the gym…that’s the worst!

4. Have so much fun this weekend!!!!!!

5. Aww, Baby Thayer will have a cousin buddy so close in age 🙂

Honestly, I think people need to learn more etiquette in general. Sometimes people in Central Park are jogging and they’re having conversations on Bluetooth, and they are so loud you can hear them from 5-6 feet back!

Congrats to your sister-in-law! That’s so exciting that you’ll have kids so close in age. And the woman talking on her phone the whole time at the gym sounds really annoying. My pet peeve at the gym is strong perfume. Why!?! Thankfully it doesn’t happen often but it’s on my mind since I encountered it yesterday. It was so strong I feel like it made it hard to breathe.

I can’t stand it when someone next to me is on the phone. Don’t get me started on gym etiquette, I get too riled up. Good luck getting through today and I hope you have fun this weekend 🙂

8. Stephanie says:

My “exciting” thing for the week was having my daughter’s super hero outfit for super hero day planned out in my head last night. We carved pumpkins, made ghost apples and a costume for Saturday. This morning my plan fell apart when the shirt I swore she had “disappeared”. Thankfully a Supergirl t-shirt, leggings with a tutu and a homemade cape were good enough 🙂 Gym etiquette, so many things, so MANY but my biggest is the women who are doused in perfume. There are times I literally can’t breathe and am trying not to gag, you don’t have to be all dolled up for a workout because hopefully you will be showering afterwards!

9. Ugh, I work at a gym, so I see all kinds of things! The phone thing is bad, but we have rules to address it (which we do enforce). I also hate when people don’t put away their weights (hullo? I should have to put away your six 45 pound plates?!?!), and people (ahem, men) who allow their weights to crash down.

10. Good luck tomorrow!! It’s going to be a little chilly, but should be great running weather. Oh and the whole gym etiquette thing…ugh, that would have really ticked me off!

11. Take care of yourself this weekend! Don’t over do it. Gosh I sound like your mother

12. Have an amazing race tomorrow!! I hope you and the baby take it easy and just enjoy it!

13. mkadens1 says:

Hope you have a great race tomorrow! How awesome to be meeting your nephew. Sounds like a fun weekend to me!

14. Ariana says:

Good luck with your race tomorrow! I’ll be sending you lots of positive vibes 😀

Gym Pet Peeve – not wiping the benches (ew) or putting away equipment!!

15. cardigansarah says:

Good luck on the race tomorrow! It’ll be great!
    Gym Pet Peeve (there are so many!): not wiping down, beginning a conversation when I don’t want to talk, getting in my space…
    Clearly, I am a gym curmudgeon.

My gym pet peeve is when there are a million treadmills open and someone jumps on the one right next to you! Have a great time in Philly!

17. Who talks on the phone when they are working out? Clearly someone who isn’t really concerned about getting in shape!

Good luck tomorrow!

18. Glad you got through a stressful week. The end of the quarter is always hard for me too cus I feel like I have to hunt down students to make up work!

I couldn’t imagine talking on the phone while working on a machine. She must not haave been working out that hard if she was having a conversation on the phone..haha

Good luck this weekend! Hope you are able to do lots of sight seeing and shopping. It’s a great city!

19. Kelli says:

Wow, what’s the point of “working out” if you’re just going through the motions and talking on the phone the whole time? That would bug me, too. Good luck in Philly tomorrow. I have a friend running – Nicole Strand. She’s probably a contender to be on the podium for the women’s race.

20. Best of luck on your race today!! I’m headed to Philly for a half in just a few short weeks. Let me know if you have any tips for the area!

21. I hope that the race went well and that you had a blast! My gym pet peeve is when people don’t wipe down the equipment. I am kind of a germaphobe about that.

22. That would have driven me crazy to have to listen to someone on the phone the whole time! My biggest gym pet peeve is when people are on their phones and walk side by side on the track, leaving little room for people to run and pass.

23. I saw on FB you finished the half, which is so incredible and such an accomplishment being pregnant:) But also so very very cool!!!!
    I rarely visit a gym, I have a home gym. However, years back I did and I think my biggest pet peeve was a toss up. Between the people who don’t wipe the machines off and the ones who talk on their cellphones/blue tooth while they are working out, because of course they can’t do that quietly:)

That is one of my pet peeves too! Also when someone is talking non-stop in the locker room.