This week’s Free Friday with the DC Trifecta happens to come at the perfect time. There’s a lot on my mind right now, mostly exciting, but definitely a collection of random things.
1. Tomorrow I’ll be toeing the start line of my 14th race of the year, my 3rd half marathon of the year, and my 2nd pregnant half marathon. I’m excited and nervous at the same time about running/walking Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly tomorrow morning. This will be my first race in Philly, so I’m definitely excited to experience a race in a city that I haven’t previously run in.
2. My sister-in-law gave birth to our nephew Monday evening. Preston and I are very much looking forward to meeting the little guy this weekend!
3. I’ve had lots of fun products to review lately, and over the past two weeks I’ve been challenged to do some baking in order to meet the product campaign requirements. I usually save the majority of my yearly baking for Christmas time, so its been nice to have a little extra push to bake outside of the month of December. (Speaking of which, have you checked out my latest recipe for Pumpkin Nut Bread? Be sure to also enter my Fit Body Bakery giveaway.)
4. On Monday I shared how overwhelmed I was by everything going on, especially with a busy week at school this week since it was the last week of the quarter. Once I leave school today, I’ll be able to report that I successfully survived the stressful week! I’m definitely looking forward to getting caught up on grading during next week’s Teacher Workdays. It’ll definitely feel less overwhelming once I clear out my “to grade” pile of student assignments.
5. One thing that’s not exciting, but has been on my mind a lot lately, is gym etiquette. My frustration with how people act at the gym was pushed over the edge last night when the woman on the elliptical next to me talked on her phone the entire time that I was working out. It was SO ANNOYING!
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) October 29, 2015
QOTD: What’s one exciting thing from your week? What’s your biggest gym etiquette pet peeve?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!