Disclaimer: Through my affiliation with Fit Approach, I received two bottles of Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter in exchange for this recipe and review. As always, all opinions are my own.
Now that I’m well into the third trimester of my pregnancy, I’m constantly on the search for easy to grab, yet still healthy, snacks. And if my snacks aren’t processed, that’s even better. I’ve always been a fan of easy to make and eat snack breads, but never before thought to add peanut butter to any of those recipes.
That’s where Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter entered the picture.
Recently, Peanut Butter & Co introduced their new powdered peanut butter line called Mighty Nut. Each batch of Mighty Nut is made from quality USA grown peanuts. The peanuts are roasted, then pressed, in order to remove the majority of the fat. And what’s left is protein, fiber, and the delicious peanut butter taste that so many people love.
Mighty Nut is currently available in four flavors:
Flax & Chia
After I received my two bottles of Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter I immediately started brainstorming how I could incorporate this protein source into a snack recipe. The idea for Peanut Butter Banana Bread was then born.
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tbl vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, powdered peanut butter, and cinnamon.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Using shortening, grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 15 minutes, then continue cooling on a baking rack until cooled completely.
Want a chance to win a bottle of Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter? Be sure to head over to my Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win a bottle in the flavor of your choice, as well as a branded measuring scoop. Giveaway ends on Wednesday, October 28th at 11:59 p.m. EST, and is open to residents in the United States. (One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Mighty Nut through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.)
QOTD: What flavor of Mighty Nut would you like to try?