Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 6

After having to take several unplanned rest days last week, this past week of training went much more smoothly.  A long, exhausting week at work meant that I only got my three planned workouts in and nothing more, but I’ll take getting my three planned workouts in as a win.

Other than getting all of my workouts in, the other exciting news from this past week is that our crib and dresser were delivered Friday afternoon.  This motivated Preston and I to spend quite a bit of time working on the nursery Friday evening and during the day on Saturday.  We still have a ways to go in terms of organizing everything and decorating the nursery, but its very exciting to see the room coming together.  I was even motivated to run my first load of baby clothes and bedding through the washing machine Friday evening, and I loved being able to fold some clothes and put them away in the dresser.

baby clothes

Not only did I get my three planned workouts in this past week, but I also got in my last long run/walk of this training cycle.  I headed to the gym Saturday afternoon intending to log 10 miles.  Unfortunately I didn’t get there early enough in the afternoon, and after nine miles I needed to leave in order to have enough time to shower and get ready for a friend’s birthday party Saturday evening (it was a fun 20s themed murder mystery birthday party).  I’m cautiously optimistic that I’m ready for Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly in just two short weeks, but since my current plan is to run the first three miles, and then walk the rest, I’m hopeful that I’ve done all I can in terms of my long mileage training.

3.00 mile run

Mon 10/12 – Rest day

Tues 10/13 – 3.11 mile run, 0.38 mile cool down walk

Wed 10/14 – Rest day

Thurs 10/15 – 30 minutes on the elliptical, 0.34 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, arms, chest, back, glutes

Fri 10/16 – Rest day

Sat 10/17 – 3.0o mile run, 6.00 mile walk

Sun 10/18 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 15.41 miles (6.34 miles more than week 5)

Total RnRPhilly Mileage – 62.43 miles

QOTD: What was the last themed birthday party that you went to?

This entry was posted in RnR Philly Half Marathon Training, Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 6

1. Good work! I’m sure you guys are having a blast setting up the nursery! 🙂

2. It’s getting close–the race and the arrival of the baby!!!!

3. Great job Kathryn! And decorating and organizing the nursery is so much fun!!!!

Great job on the training and setting up the nursery 🙂 The 20s themed murder mystery birthday party sounds like a really fun idea!

5. mkadens1 says:

Aw putting a nursery together is SO much fun! Nice training week. I saw a very pregnant woman at the Chicago Marathon still running at 13. Wow! Last themed party? James Bond. Haha!

6. Great job this past week! Can’t wait to hear how RnR Philly goes – I have to find somewhere to go to watch the race!

7. awe cute little baby clothes! Congrats on the great training week!

Great job getting your workouts in. I haven’t been to a themed party in quite a while, but the murder mystery ones always sound fun.

9. All of the baby organizing and planning is so much fun. Enjoy every minute of it. Looks like you are in full nesting mode!

10. Maureen says:

What a fun themed party! We haven’t been to a themed party in years, but the last one was an 80’s TV/Movie theme. So much fun! Love those little baby clothes!

11. Ha! Just a few weeks ago we did a spy theme party for my son. It’s a lot of fun and becomes a big game. Congrats on a good week of training. Almost there!

I know you are prepared and ready for RnR Philly!! Love that y’all were able to work on the nursery!

13. There is nothing cuter than folding itty-bitty baby things! Great job training and you have an awesome plan to tackle RNR Philly sensibly. I don’t think I’ve ever really been to a themed adult party, just you know Minnie Mouse kiddy ones. 🙂

14. Setting up the nursery must be so exciting! Nice job on your training this week.

15. Awww, so exciting! It sounds like you’re ready…for both the race and the new addition! 😀

16. Ariana says:

Sounds like you had a good, strong week! I have no doubt you’ll be ready for your race. And hooray for making progress with baby prep!

17. A 20’s themed party, that sounds like a lot of fun:)
    So exciting about the baby stuff:) My sister just found out she is pregnant, and she works out, I so love your tank, I am going to find her one like yours. I think she’s love it:)

18. All the stuff looks so adorable! My BFF had her baby boy this weekend, he arrived about 10 days early, and they weren’t finished setting up yet, so you guys are doing great!

19. Elizabeth C. says:

Awww, you look so cute! Race day is getting close! To answer your question, I can’t even remember the last themed party I went to!

20. That’s so exciting that you’re getting the nursery set up. He’ll be here before ya know it!

Good job with the workouts!

21. Aw, getting ready for baby is so fun! I’m sure you guys are loving every second of it! Also, murder mystery parties are so fun! I hope you had a blast.

You are going to be great in Philly! Just stick to the plan and the rest will work itself out.

Ohhh, decorating the nursery is so fun!! Do you have a theme or color scheme in the room?

23. jillconyers says:

I know it’s already been said but getting ready for baby is so much fun. I can’t believe it’s already week 6 of training.

24. Woot! Love rock n roll races!! 🙂

25. Alaina @ thesimplepeach says:

Your baby bump is too cute!

26. Sounds like things are going pretty well! Can’t believe the race is almost hear for you. I’m sad I won’t be joining you.

27. The race is almost here… yay! you can do it! Most people don’t finish a half marathon in their lives and you are going to do it pregnant- be proud!

28. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 7 | From Dancing to Running