Friday Five – Five Comfort Food Recipes

Now that the temperatures outside are really starting to drop and its feeling more like fall everyday, its about time that I break out the slow cooker.  I always associate fall with warm, comfort foods, as a way to try and stay warm in the cooler weather.

With today’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta “Favorite Fall Foods,” I thought it would be fun to look back at some of my favorite comfort food recipes.

1.  Broccoli Bacon Cheese Soup

broccoli bacon cheese soup

2.  Chili-Pasta Skillet

chili pasta skillet

3.  New England Clam Chowder

clam chowder

4.  Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara with Roasted Vegetables

chicken marinara

5.  Sweet Chili Sweet Potato Fries

sweet chili sweet potato fries

QOTD: What is your favorite fall recipe?

DC_linkup

Also, be sure to check out my current giveaway for a full size bottle of SmartyPants Prenatal Vitamins!  You have until October 21st at 11:59 p.m. EST to enter.

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – Five Comfort Food Recipes

1. I recently made a butternut squash and spinach lasagna that was delicious! Definitely a labor of love but since I really like to cook, I’m enjoying some more elaborate recipes with my newfound gift of time! We also love sweet potatoes (it’s one of the few starches Adam will eat) so they’re a staple for us. I tried a chili-flavored recently and it was quite the disaster. I’ll have to look at yours to get a better flavor! 🙂

2. Loving the look of the clam chowder (one of my all time faves) and chicken marinara with veggies, I’ll be giving those a try!

3. I made my favorite comfort food last night for dinner..pot pie! I don’t know if it’s particularly a fall dish, but it always says “comfort food” to me!

4. Yum!!!! I need to try the sweet potato fries!!!

5. Mmmmm sweet chili sweet potato fries! Need those in my belly right now!

Yum! Soups are pretty much my go to for the Fall.

All comfort food and so good. Fall and winter are my favorite cooking seasons because I can cook so many different recipes. I put the heavy recipes away for summer, but I can bring out all my recipes for fall and winter.

8. Yum. I am down for most kinds of soup and this reminds me that I need to make a big batch of pasta fagioli.

9. love your list! fall equals soup to me as well!

10. oooo I want that skillet pasta and the sweet potato fries! I love a good chili in the fall – and oats in the morning 🙂

11. sweet potato fries are some of my favorites!!

12. Elle says:

Mmmm… I love love love sweet potato oven fries. I get my husband to make them for me quite often.

13. diane says:

Your dishes look delicious. I love making a variation of the chili pasta. Years ago, we used to eat Hamburger Helper so now when I make this we call it our Healthy Helper. So yummy! Anything with sweet potatoes is a hit with us too! My favorite fall foods include all soups, and anything that can be crock potted. Also roasted veggies! Enjoy your fall!!

14. They all sound and look amazing!!! I love soups this time of year!

15. I really like New England clam chowder but I have never made it. I like that one so much more than the Manhattan kind.

16. My slow cooker is certainly staying out! Love those sweet potato fries 🙂

17. I have a couple of recipes that I turn to for comfort…last night I made my homemade 4 cheese mac n cheese and I got a huge grin from my youngest (he’s 16) when I told him what we were having for dinner!

That pasta skillet looks soooo good! I love a good homemade mac n cheese!

19. chicken with marinara is my go to! I want to try that chili pasta dish too that looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Even though I satisfied my clam chowder fix a couple of weeks ago, your post conjured it up again haha 🙂 Hmmm I may need to try that broccoli cheddar one.

21. jillconyers says:

I can see why they’re your favorites. Sweet potato fries. Yum!

22. haleyduke17 says:

I’m wondering how many of these have been your pregnancy cravings. I love sweet potato fries all the time.