Happy Friday everybody! If your week has been anything like mine, its been long, dreary, and exhausting. With being sick all week, my mind has kind of been all over the place.
1. After being sick all week, I’m finally starting to feel better. Wednesday night I got more sleep than I did in the four previous nights combined, and I think a lot of that is due to my OB prescribing an antibiotic to help me start fighting off this infection. Between the antibiotics and other medicine that she has me taking, I finally feel like I’m starting to combat this bug, though I know I still have a long way to go in terms of getting better.
2. After almost a full week of not working out, I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to workout this weekend. With the current forecast for Northern Virginia including both a nor’easter that’s supposed to arrive today followed by Hurricane Joaquin later this weekend, I’m pretty confident that any working out I do will be at the gym. No need to be crazy and run or walk in the rain while I’m trying to get over being sick!
3. We finally started working on the nursery this week! After coming home with lots of gifts from our baby shower two weeks ago, the nursery became a bit of a dumping ground. One night this week I felt somewhat up to working on things around the house. We emptied out most of our dress clothes that were in the nursery closet (we bought a portable wardrobe for our storage area in the basement), Preston assembled the storage shelving unit that I bought for the nursery closet, and I spent some time emptying boxes and gift bags of baby items and putting things away in the closet. We still have a long way to go, but it felt good to get a start on organizing everything.
4. This week marked the beginning of the third trimester of my pregnancy! While being sick certainly overshadowed a lot of other things this week, its exciting to know that the little guy and I are in the home stretch. This pregnancy has flown by, partly due to how busy Preston and I have kept ourselves, and we can’t wait to meet our little man!
5. The excitement on the blog this week centered around my SmartyPants Vitamins Giveaway. Congrats to Sadie B. who won a bottle of SmartyPants Vitamins! Be sure to continue checking back here in the coming months, as I have a couple of other SmartyPants products that I’ll be reviewing and giving away!
QOTD: What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!