Friday Five – Potpourri v. 6

Happy Friday everybody!  If your week has been anything like mine, its been long, dreary, and exhausting.  With being sick all week, my mind has kind of been all over the place.

1.  After being sick all week, I’m finally starting to feel better.  Wednesday night I got more sleep than I did in the four previous nights combined, and I think a lot of that is due to my OB prescribing an antibiotic to help me start fighting off this infection.  Between the antibiotics and other medicine that she has me taking, I finally feel like I’m starting to combat this bug, though I know I still have a long way to go in terms of getting better.

2.  After almost a full week of not working out, I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to workout this weekend.  With the current forecast for Northern Virginia including both a nor’easter that’s supposed to arrive today followed by Hurricane Joaquin later this weekend, I’m pretty confident that any working out I do will be at the gym.  No need to be crazy and run or walk in the rain while I’m trying to get over being sick!

Photo Credit: NBC Washington

Photo Credit: NBC Washington

3.  We finally started working on the nursery this week!  After coming home with lots of gifts from our baby shower two weeks ago, the nursery became a bit of a dumping ground.  One night this week I felt somewhat up to working on things around the house.  We emptied out most of our dress clothes that were in the nursery closet (we bought a portable wardrobe for our storage area in the basement), Preston assembled the storage shelving unit that I bought for the nursery closet, and I spent some time emptying boxes and gift bags of baby items and putting things away in the closet.  We still have a long way to go, but it felt good to get a start on organizing everything.

4.  This week marked the beginning of the third trimester of my pregnancy!  While being sick certainly overshadowed a lot of other things this week, its exciting to know that the little guy and I are in the home stretch.  This pregnancy has flown by, partly due to how busy Preston and I have kept ourselves, and we can’t wait to meet our little man!

5.  The excitement on the blog this week centered around my SmartyPants Vitamins Giveaway.  Congrats to Sadie B. who won a bottle of SmartyPants Vitamins!  Be sure to continue checking back here in the coming months, as I have a couple of other SmartyPants products that I’ll be reviewing and giving away!

QOTD: What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 6

1. Christine @ We Run Disney says:

How exciting that you started working on the nursery! I bet you’ll enjoy that fun project. I have my last 20+ miler before marine corps marathon this weekend and I’m really dreading it…either running outside in really heavy rain or doing it on the TM. Neither is a scenario I like but I guess I’ll figure it out!
    Have a great weekend and get some rest!!

2. Putting together the nursery is so much fun!! 🙂 We living in South West Florida and it rains pretty much EVERY day! (At least, it has since we moved here in April).

3. I’m so glad that you are starting to feel better. It’s hard enough being pregnant, and then being sick too!

Stay dry!

4. This looks like the perfect weekend to stay in and work on the nursery! How fun-enjoy this time in your life.

5. Glad you’re feeling a little better! Hope the hurricane stays far away from the US! And how exciting that you are in the third trimester!!! Decorating the nursery is so fun!

It’s finally moving in the direction of fall weather, so I’m not sure if the eastern seaboard wants to read that. When we had remnants of storms hit Boston it was definitely a treadmill then stay home kind of day. I’d get stuff done since I didn’t want to go outside.

7. Hope you feel better soon – I would be so excited to start getting the nursery together, maybe it’ll be a good stormy weekend activity. Joaquin is supposed to be coming to New England, I have a half marathon Sunday and fingers crossed it isn’t a washout!

8. I bet that nursery will look adorable when you are finished. Be sure to share pics when it’s all done. How fun! The weather is pretty crappy here in Pennsylvania as well. Cold a rainy this wkend.

9. mkadens1 says:

Happy 3rd trimester! Glad you’re feeling better but ack! that weather! By some miracle our weather here in Chicago has been glorious and the weather in Twin Cities is perfection for the marathon this weekend. Not sure how I lucked out with that!

10. Hope you recover soon and get back in the gym, I know you must miss it so much! It’s been pouring rain here in Philly the past few days and today has been particularly dreary. I just can’t wait for the weekend to start and I can relax!

11. That’s so exciting getting the nursery together I remember those days. The weather is windy and getting cooler here in Colorado though I never felt we had summer

Awww i can’t wait to see your nursery! I bet it’s going to be adorable!! So glad you’re feeling better and got some rest! I can’t even imagine how miserable/exhausting that was for you!

13. I’m glad you’re starting to feel better! So exciting getting the nursery together. It’s finally cooling off here in the south. Looking forward to fall weather. Have a great weekend!

14. Ariana says:

Sounds like a bit of a tough week I’m glad you’re starting to feel better though. That baby will be here before you know it – such an exciting time!!

The weather here in Vancouver has been beautiful and sunny; a little chilly, but not too bad.

15. Feel better soon! The weather here is finally cooling down and starting to feel like fall.

16. I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better. Stay dry and warm in this crazy weather!

17. Cold here for almost a week. Now the forecast is upper 70s for this week. What the heck!

I’m dying to know how you are decorating your nursery!! Tell me, tell me!