Tomorrow morning I’ll running the Clarendon Day 10k in Arlington. This will be my second year running this race (I first ran it last year). Though I contemplated signing up for the Clarendon Day Double this year (5k followed by the 10k, similar to what I did back in March for the St. Patrick’s Day Double), I decided that at 27 weeks pregnant that a double race was not in my best interest.
I’m looking forward to this race for a number of reasons:
1. This will be my 13th race of the year. I’m still on my quest to complete 15 races this year. My 14th race will be Rock ‘n’ Roll Philly, but my 15th race still remains undecided.
2. The course is a net downhill. The majority of the downhill occurs during the first 1.5 miles of the race, after which the course has slight elevation increases and decreases.
3. Preston will be there to support me. When I initially signed up for this race, he had other plans on his calendar for the morning. However, those plans have since fallen through, so now he’ll join me in Arlington to cheer me on during the race.
4. Several other DC area bloggers will also be running this race. I know that both Courtney and Jenny will be there. And I feel like a couple of others also told me that they’d be there but I honestly can’t remember who!
5. It’ll likely be the last race I run before our little guy’s arrival. Running is becoming progressively more difficult and I’ll be seriously evaluating how much more I’ll be running, if at all, after tomorrow’s race. Some days running goes fine and is completely pain free, while other days are a completely different story.
QOTD: What race is next on your calendar? What about the race are you looking forward to?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!
Also, if you haven’t entered my SmartyPants Vitamins Giveaway, be sure to do so! The giveaway runs until September 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.