Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 2

Unlike the previous week, this past week of training went much more smoothly.  Not only did I run twice and complete two other days of cardio, but one of my days of running including running my 12th race of the year, the Dulles Day 5k.  We had fabulous weather the morning of the race, which made the race itself that much more enjoyable.  You know that I’ll fully recap the race, once I finally also share my Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon recap.

dulles day 5k

The even bigger highlight of this past week was that our baby shower was held Saturday afternoon.  We were thrown a 100 Acre Wood themed shower, and it was absolutely perfect!  We had a number of family and friends in town for the weekend, and though we enjoyed spending the weekend with so many of our loved ones it was also a very exhausting weekend.

baby shower

I’m sure since I’m so tired going into a full work week that it’ll be difficult to find motivation to stay on track this week.  But I’ll definitely be using this past week as motivation to try and stay focused on my training.

Mon 9/14 – 3.72 mile run, 0.31 mile cool down walk

Tues 9/15 – 30 minutes on the elliptical, kettlebell squat swings, abs, arms, back, shoulders, chest

Wed 9/16 – Rest day

Thurs 9/17 – 1.80 mile powerwalk

Fri 9/18 – Rest day

Sat 9/19 – Dulles Day 5k

Sun 9/20 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 11.57 miles (7.78 miles more than week 1)

Total RnRPhilly Mileage – 15.36 miles

QOTD:  What was one highlight from this past week?

This entry was posted in RnR Philly Half Marathon Training, Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 2

1. Great training week Kathryn! Can’t wait to read your race recaps! And your shower looks like it was so much fun!!!

2. That looks like such an adorable shower! I helped throw my BFF’s baby shower this past Saturday and hers was bunny themed (because we call her little boy Thumper when he kicks) so her mom got a beautiful bunny cake and I made bunny muffins!

3. briwifruit says:

Looks like a solid week of training! Well done!

4. All of your racing and running is making me feel like I am slacking off! LOl have a great week

I love that theme for the shower, so cute! I’m glad the weather was nice for the race this weekend 🙂

I love Winnie the Pooh! Hopefully you can get some training in, but I feel like you. I had a very busy weekend and I’m starting work off already tired.

7. Congratulations on your 5k this wkend. Races always seem to go much better when the weather cooperates. What a fun wkend! I’m sure you got a bunch of goodies for the little one that makes you more excited of his arrival:)

8. Looks like such a cute baby shower! Good luck with training this week!

9. carmyy says:

Oh my goodness – that winnie the pooh “cake” tower is so darn cute!!! Are they towels??

10. Congrats on the run! Cute shower theme too!

11. aw, your shower looks awesome. can’t wait to read your race recaps! will i see you saturday at clarendon day?

12. What a great week of training! I’m so impressed with how well you’re managing to rest and take care of yourself.

13. what fun! Glad you’re still able to enjoy working out. You look great!

14. Great job on the race! Looking forward to the recap. That baby is going to come out running…

15. mkadens1 says:

What a fun shower theme! Glad you enjoyed and congrats on your race!

16. Aw, what a sweet shower! I’m sure you are so excited!

Great week in training! You’re doing great!

Ohhh, I love baby showers, so fun! You had a great week, and loved the pics from the race you just posted!

18. What a fun baby shower! Sounds like you had a good training week despite everything else. Keep up the good work!

My week last week was crazy with the 6 half marathons, but also a lot of fun!

19. jillconyers says:

Glad you had a smoother training week! The ups and downs of training catch me off guard every time.

20. Great training week! Running Philly is on my goal race list. 🙂

21. Looks like a great shower! I know what you mean about liking being with family and friends but being exhausted after. Hopefully your work week isn’t too bad this week!

22. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 3 | From Dancing to Running

23. Pingback: 2015 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running