Friday Five – Potpourri v. 5

Wow, this past week has been long yet short at the same time.  Four day work weeks always fly by, and when you add to that that it was the first week of the new school year, that’s always a formula for a super busy week that flies by faster than you can blink.

Other than it being the first week of school with my students, lots of other things have made this quite the week.

1.  We returned from Virginia Beach Monday afternoon, and after picking Riley up for boarding gave him a new toy (it was a $3 toy that I found at Target over the weekend).  Riley’s reactions to receiving new toys are priceless (which we don’t get to see often since we try to limit the number of toys that we buy for him).  His big doggy smile just makes my heart melt.

new toy

2.  I shared on Wednesday that I spent a couple of days this week combating some foot pain (what I thought was my ankle bothering turned out to be my achilles).  Taking extra rest days in order to let my foot rest has been mentally frustrating.  However, I’m happy to report that my foot pain seems to have mostly subsided, so it looks like the extra rest has paid off.

3.  Despite knowing that the extra rest was necessary this week, taking the extra rest days has been a mental challenge.  Its always difficult when you want to be active, but deep down know that its not the best choice to make.

4.  Last night was Back to School Night at school.  I left for school just after 6:30 a.m. and arrived home around 8:45 p.m.  Other than the hour that I spent at dinner with some coworkers, my entire day yesterday was spent at school.  To say yesterday was a long day is an understatement!

5.  After arriving home from a super long day, I opened my blog e-mail to find an exciting e-mail from FitFluential: that I’ve been selected to participate in the upcoming Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 campaign.  To say I’m excited is an understatement.  Ever since I was fit for running shoes two years ago Wave Inspires are the only running shoes that I’ve run in.  I can’t wait to test drive the newest model before they’re released for public sale.

QOTD: What’s one exciting thing that happened to you this week?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 5

1. I was finally able to run without debilitating knee pain for the first time in almost a year? I’ll take that for the win. And I you want to compare notes about frustrating rest, you better pull up the nearest couch. This could take a while. 🙂

2. Very exciting news about the upcoming Mizuno campaign. Congrats and have fun testing out the newest model. It’s great to see that you were chosen since those are your brand of choice. There are way too many blogger posts about numerous different shoes that are all wonderful by the same blogger.

3. Whenever I come home from the pet store, even if it’s with a bag of food, you’d think Santa came to our house the way my pup acts! It cracks me up!

4. So glad the achilles is getting better! Congrats on the campaign and on surviving the first week of school!

The photo of your dog is adorable! I’m glad your foot is feeling better. It definitely sounds like the extra rest was the right choice. I hope you have a great weekend 🙂

It’s something small but when I was at my chiro for my monthly maintenance, he didn’t have to move anything back into alignment. I really hope that means my strength training is paying off and nothing’s out of balance.

7. Love Mizuno! Have fun on the campaign

8. Congrats to you for getting that campaign!! How exciting! I am with you on the rest days – they are so important, but it can be really tough when you just want to move!

9. I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the Wave Inspire 12’s because I know I’ll be picking them up as soon as they’re out.

10. Congrats on your new campaign! I love Mizunos, but usually run in either the Wave Rider or Enigmas.

11. Jamie says:

What a long day at work. Woof. But congratulations on your new campaign! That’s very exciting!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

12. We just bought our lab some toys at the thrift store the other day and it didn’t take long for her to destroy them but she had fun those few minutes. Congrats on being chosen for the shoes. It’s always nice to try a product out you already love. My sister has been running I Mizunos and she has really liked them too.

13. Elle says:

LOVE the picture of Riley with the new toy. Doggie smiles always melt my heart. Congrats on the new gig with FF – those shoes are gonna be great! And glad your foot is okay. Have a fun weekend!

14. Such exciting news about th campaign, and Riley is so cute! I love when Sasha gives a big old smile to us.

15. That pup picture is priceless! Happy to hear your foot is feeling better and that you got that awesome Fitfluential campaign! WOOHOO!!

16. let’s see – one exciting thing…i got to celebrate a good friend’s engagement last night. that was fun! have a great weekend 🙂

17. Glad your foot is feeling better. I am excited to work on the mizuno’s campaign too.

18. mkadens1 says:

Glad the achilles pain has subsided. Congrats on the Mizuno gig. It’s so great to be able to test out a shoe you enjoy.

19. Coco says:

I think being selected for the Mizuno campaign is near the top of my list too!

20. jillconyers says:

So happy to hear the good news about your foot! Congrats on the Mizuno gig. They’re lucky to have you rep them.

Yey! Congrats on the FitFluential campaign!! That’s always a fun email to get!

22. Priya says:

Your pet is so adorable. They add so much joy to our lives.

23. Your pup is so cute! Sorry about your Achilles pain but it is better to rest than injure yourself further!

24. LeeAnn says:

That photo of Riley is absolutely adorable!

25. Hope your foot is still hanging in there! Congrats on the Mizuno campaign. I’m so glad they picked you! I would much rather read a review from someone that already loves the shoe and can give good feedback on the model upgrades.

So glad the pain has subsided and hope it continues to. Ahhhh I love the Mizuno colors, wish they fit my foot 🙂

27. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1 | From Dancing to Running

28. Great list recap. Yay for being selected for a FitFluential campaign! How exciting for you!

29. Congrats on the new opportunity and take good care of your heel.

30. Ooooh, congrats! That’s awesome. Glad to know your foot pain is subsiding. Also? Your dog is so adorable I can’t even stand it. I’d love to be able to give my dog cute little plush toys like that, but unfortunately, he would OBLITERATE it in about 15 seconds, haha. 😉