Wow, this past week has been long yet short at the same time. Four day work weeks always fly by, and when you add to that that it was the first week of the new school year, that’s always a formula for a super busy week that flies by faster than you can blink.
Other than it being the first week of school with my students, lots of other things have made this quite the week.
1. We returned from Virginia Beach Monday afternoon, and after picking Riley up for boarding gave him a new toy (it was a $3 toy that I found at Target over the weekend). Riley’s reactions to receiving new toys are priceless (which we don’t get to see often since we try to limit the number of toys that we buy for him). His big doggy smile just makes my heart melt.
2. I shared on Wednesday that I spent a couple of days this week combating some foot pain (what I thought was my ankle bothering turned out to be my achilles). Taking extra rest days in order to let my foot rest has been mentally frustrating. However, I’m happy to report that my foot pain seems to have mostly subsided, so it looks like the extra rest has paid off.
3. Despite knowing that the extra rest was necessary this week, taking the extra rest days has been a mental challenge. Its always difficult when you want to be active, but deep down know that its not the best choice to make.
4. Last night was Back to School Night at school. I left for school just after 6:30 a.m. and arrived home around 8:45 p.m. Other than the hour that I spent at dinner with some coworkers, my entire day yesterday was spent at school. To say yesterday was a long day is an understatement!
5. After arriving home from a super long day, I opened my blog e-mail to find an exciting e-mail from FitFluential: that I’ve been selected to participate in the upcoming Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 campaign. To say I’m excited is an understatement. Ever since I was fit for running shoes two years ago Wave Inspires are the only running shoes that I’ve run in. I can’t wait to test drive the newest model before they’re released for public sale.
— Kathryn (@Dancing2Running) September 11, 2015
QOTD: What’s one exciting thing that happened to you this week?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!