Friday Five – Five Fall Races

This weekend marks the symbolic end of summer and the beginning of fall.  What’s perfect is that I’m not only headed to Virginia Beach today, but that the two races that I’ll complete there this weekend will jump start an exciting fall lineup of races for me.

So what races do I have lined up for this fall?

1.  September 5th – Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Mile on the Sand

Saturday morning I’ll be walking the Mile on the Sand.  After taking a couple of walks on the beach while we were down in St. Pete Beach in Florida, I’m really looking forward to kicking off race weekend with this race.

2.  September 6th – Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon

Sunday morning I’ll be running my fifth half marathon.  To say that I’m excited is an understatement.  I cannot wait to complete my first pregnant half marathon, and to earn my Rock ‘n’ Roll Remix medal for completing both the Mile on the Sand and the half marathon this weekend.

3.  September 19th – Dulles Day 5k on the Runway

This will be my third year running this race.  In 2013 I ran the 5k, and last year I ran the 10k.  I contemplated running the 10k again this year, but for a number of reasons, decided that it would be smarter to sign up for the 5k instead.  I’m more than okay with this decision, and I cannot wait to once again run on the runway at Dulles Airport.

4.  September 26th – Clarendon Day 10k

One of the reasons why I chose to sign up for the Dulles Day 5k instead of the 10k is because of Clarendon Day being the following weekend.  Although I ran both 10ks last year, I also was not pregnant last year.  A number of fellow DC area bloggers usually also run Clarendon Day, so I’m looking forward to seeing a number of familiar faces on race day.

5.  October 31st – Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon

My sixth half marathon will likely be mostly, if not entirely, walked.  Regardless, I cannot wait to experience a race in a city that I haven’t run in before.  Want to join me for #RnRPhilly?  You can still sign up using my Rock ‘n’ Blogger discount code.  You can also use this code for any other remaining U.S. or Canadian Rock ‘n’ Roll half or full marathon in 2015, with the exception of Virginia Beach since online registration is closed, as well as Las Vegas.

rnr discount code

However, if you’re interested in running Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas, the great news is that as of yesterday I received a different discount code, DANCINGTORUNNINGLV, which will save you $15 on the half or full marathon.  This race is on my bucket list, and one day I hope to make it there to run on the strip at night.

RnB15_LasVegas

QOTD: What race(s) are you looking forward to running this fall?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Friday Five – Five Fall Races

1. Safe travels to Virginia Beach today and hope to see you on Sunday at the VIP room prior to the race! Fingers crossed the weather is not too unpleasant!

2. Enjoy your races this weekend! I’m running the Maritime Race Weekend 5k and Half Marathon next weekend, pacing the 10k (1:10) Valley Harvest Marathon and I’m really looking forward to the PEI Half Marathon!

Have fun in VB – you have so many great running memories there! So exciting the next time you’ll be there will likely be with Baby T! I’ll see you at the Dulles Runway and Clarendon Races (I’ll do both 10Ks) 🙂

4. And what about that other marathon you’re running…mama?

5. cassi9879b says:

You’re going to be quite busy with all those races!

6. Great line up I really need to sign up for some fall races it’s my favorite time of year to run.

7. GIrl have a fabulous race (races) this weekend!!!!!

Great list of races you have coming up! I look forward to hearing about them. I’d love to do the Virginia Beach or Philadelphia Rock and Roll races one year.

9. have fun this weekend! i’ll see you at clarendon day!

10. You’ve got a lot of great races lined up! I’d like to do a 1 mile race some day.

11. Jamie says:

Have so much fun running/walking Philly! It was one of my favorite races to do when I lived there – great city 🙂 And even better food! Hope you have a fabulous long weekend!

Sounds like a great fall lineup.

13. You have some great races lined up!! I have the Philly Marathon in November that I’m pretty excited about. I still need to do a Rock’n Roll Race, though!

14. John @ run. geek. run(disney) says:

I love the races you have here. RnR VaBeach is high on my list. I love the mile in the sand idea. I havent run the Dulles Runway race, but I’ve done Manassas Runway, which is fun being so flat. I would also love to join you in RnR Philly, but my race budget wont support any more races right now, even with a discount code, haha.

15. Enjoy your races on the beach! Sounds fun!!!

16. Michelle @ Running with Attitude says:

Have fun at VB! Maybe we can catch up at RnR Philly!

17. So many great races! Especially the Rock n’ Roll Philly, I grew up in the burbs of Philly. Great city! Have a blast with all of your races!

18. Ariana says:

Sounds like an awesome race lineup!!! I’m really looking forward to all three of the races I have left for this year! I have a 10k in two weeks which is through a really unusual course in the city. And then in October I have the Rock ‘n Roll 10k then the half marathon the following day. Hooray for three medals!

19. What a great lineup, I am gonna miss running Virginia beach this year. I am looking forward to the NYC marathon!

20. jillconyers says:

The only fall race I have is the RW Festival in Oct. I can’t wait!

21. I really want to do the vegas race!! That dulles 5k sounds pretty cool too 🙂

22. Good luck on your marathon today!! I think my next race is a bacon 5K next month!

23. Elizabeth C. says:

I hope you had a great race this morning in VA Beach! I’m doing the Dulles Runway race as well, and I LOVE the RnR Philly half, although it’s not on my list this fall.

24. You have an amazing list of races planned. Get it girl. What you are doing pregnant is amazing.

25. Because... I'm cheap says:

Hi Kathryn,

Dropping in from the Sunday Blog Hop. Thank you so much for linking up this post with us!

It looks like you’ll be really busy this fall! I have never ran a marathon before, couldn’t imagine doing it. Especially not pregnant! Go girl!!

Hope to see you share again on the linky next Sunday 🙂

I’m not sure if Clarendon day is going to happen for me this year sadly. I’m all registered, but the hubby is now going to be out of town and I don’t have a sitter! So bummed!