Friday Five – Five Highlights from Our Babymoon

Wow, its feels like forever since I’ve connected with all of you!  Preston and I had a fabulous time in Florida on our babymoon, and got home late Wednesday night.  Not only did this trip mark our last vacation together as a family of two, but it also marks the end of summer for me, as I return to school on Monday to start preparing for the start of the new school year.

During our week in Florida we split our time between Disney World and St. Pete Beach.  Some of the highlights of our week included:

1.  Opening our gender envelope with Mickey and finding out that Baby Thayer is a boy!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7444528881

gender reveal

2.  Watching Wishes at Magic Kingdom and Illuminations at Epcot – there’s just something so magical about both shows!

wishes illuminations3.  Beautiful sunsets on the beach

sunset4.  Being pampered both poolside and at happy hour at our hotel, where the drink of the day was included as part of our resort fee (and the bartenders took great care of me, making me a pregnancy friendly version to enjoy each night)

Two different versions of the "Aloha." Can you even tell which one was mine?

Two different versions of the “Aloha.”  Can you even tell which one was mine?

5.  Lots of rest and relaxation

224

We’re so fortunate that we were able to enjoy a week away together, our last vacation just the two of us before we become a family of three.  And yes, I kept up with my half marathon training during our week away.  I’ll recap the last two weeks of RnRVB training in Monday’s training post.

QOTD: What was a highlight of your last vacation?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Pregnancy, Travel and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Friday Five – Five Highlights from Our Babymoon

1. krissy m. murphy says:

So fun! Glad you were able to take this trip and take some well-deserved R&R!

2. What a great way to find out what you’re having! This kid is already off to a great Disney start!

3. How fun! What a great way to reveal the gender! Congratulations 🙂

4. runsaltrun says:

BEST BABYMOON EVER!!! You guys announced in the sweetest way. 🙂 I’m so glad you had a wonderful and relaxing vacation and I LOVE your swimsuit!

5. So glad you guys got to go on a babymoon!!! And still so awesome revealing the gender at Disney!!! Little boys are the BEST!!!

6. OrganicallyMo says:

Glad you had fun! We’re going to Disney World right after the New Year….can’t wait!

7. Such a cute gender reveal!! Glad you had such a fun trip!! 🙂

8. BEST. GENDER. REVEAL. EVER. Loooooove this! So glad you guys had such an amazing babymoon, and super excited for you! 😀

9. what a beautiful summer! I am obsessed with the idea of a gender reveal at Disney! Congratulations.

10. Congrats on the news about your baby boy. That is very exciting and a great way to start off your vacation. I love spending time on the beach and lucky you, another weekend at the beach over Labor Day! See you next weekend!

11. Sanibel says:

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great last vacation for two. Next time you can take your little man to see Mickey!

Looks like a great babymoon! I love the photos with the banner and all the characters at Disney. And that’s awesome that they made you non-alcoholic versions of the drink of the day 🙂

13. Congratulations! Love your pic with Mickey. Too cute!

14. mkadens1 says:

What a great trip and a memorable way to celebrate the gender of your baby! Highlight of my last trip? Oh gosh, 3 weeks trekking through Europe netted soooo many highlights.

What a great way to celebrate the gender reveal. Glad the babymoon was so fun.

16. so glad you had a great trip!! 🙂

17. Wow, congratulations to the new little Mr. Thayer!

18. Jamie says:

What a perfect way to relax and find out its a boy!! Congratulations!!!

19. Congratulations, and I’m glad to hear you had a fun time on your babymoon! Before I had my son, my hubby and I took a babymoon to Excelsior Springs MO. It was the most random place to go – we stumbled across the website for this B&B online that looked adorable, and just decided to go for it. We took a long weekend and it was awesome.

20. What a wonderful vacation!!! I’m so happy for you! We’re headed to Cali next week so…I’ll check back with my highlights! Can’t wait to enjoy some fun in the sun! 🙂

21. These gender reveal ideas are so much fun!

22. What a great trip! I love that you did the baby reveal there. I can’t wait to be there in January!

Yey!! Soooooo excited for you! Boys rock…most of the time 😉 No seriously, boys are awesome and I’m so glad that you had such a wonderful time! Welcome home!

24. Congrats on your boy! I love being a boy mom…

25. natrunsfar says:

What a wonderful babymoon!!! Both of you are glowing! I love that they made you a fun pregnancy drink and the sunset on the beach was so beautiful. Boys are the best!!! Congratulations and I am so impressed that you are training for a 1/2 marathon also. Awesome! 🙂

26. jillconyers says:

Kathryn a babymoon is the best idea EVER! There is something super special about the relationship between a mom and her son. You’ll see 🙂

27. Awe, congrats again. That is awesome that you were able to have a babymoon. The highlight of my vacation this summer was building sand castles in a thunderstorm with my toddler. I just wrote a post about it. I had a blast.

28. Huge congratulations! So fun to do your gender reveal at Disney! Little boys are wonderful! You must be very excited!

29. Looks like a great trip! And I love THAH they made you a non-alcoholic drink every day!

30. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Weeks 16 and 17 | From Dancing to Running

31. Loved the announcement 🙂 So glad you and Preston had a fun and relaxing babymoon. Hope school goes well today!

32. Pingback: 2015 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running

33. Pingback: Friday Five – Happy 5th Anniversary to My Husband | From Dancing to Running

34. Pingback: Friday Five – We’re Off On Our Disney Adventure! | From Dancing to Running