Calling All Sole Sisters!

Disclaimer: As a Gone for a Run Ambassador, I received a complimentary virtual race entry.  I am not being compensated financially.  As always, all opinions are my own.

As we get closer and closer to the end of summer, and the heat and humidity continue to be higher than in previous weeks, I find myself turning more and more towards external sources of motivation in order to keep up with my training.  Many times, that’s all of you, but sometimes, my motivation is races.

After my last virtual race, the Road Shark Virtual 5 Mile Race

After my last virtual race, the Road Shark Virtual 5 Mile Race

The next race in the Gone for a Run Virtual Race Series is the Sole Sister Run Virtual 7 Mile Race, which will take place from August 28th-30th, which is also the weekend before my next half marathon.  I’ve loved being able to participate in other Gone for a Run virtual races this summer, and I can’t wait to be able to close out summer and finish my half marathon training with a virtual race.

What is included in the $32 registration fee?

Photo Credit: Gone for a Run

Photo Credit: Gone for a Run

• Race shirt (either a Women’s Athletic Tank Top or Unisex Lifestyle Tee
  • Finisher Medal
  • Real Bib
  • Shoe Lace Charm (available for a limited time, so be sure to register soon!)

So who wants to join their other Sole Sisters for this virtual race?  Be sure to register by August 18th in order to receive your race packet in time.

QOTD: How do you stay motivated to train in the heat and humidity?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Calling All Sole Sisters!

1. Sharita says:

best of luck on your race! What a great registration price too! Check out my post on why everyone should sign up for a race and let me know if you agree! http://www.getfitlikethat.com/?p=391

2. I’m trying to understand the ”Gone for A Run” site. Is it just a shop to buy running and race paraphernalia? Also the Sole Sister Run just in one are or many states? I can’t run it but would walk it.

• That’s exactly what Gone for a Run is. And the point of a virtual race is that you can run the race anywhere, but you have the virtual community of other participants to support you and you get to support them. Its a lot of fun!

3. Love their races!!! I’m super excited about this one!!!

4. Kelli says:

How do the virtual races log completion? Do you upload a file to Strava or MapMyRun or Garmin? Or you just get the swag and do it “on your honor”? Sounds interesting. Rapha does some virtual women’s rides through Strava so you can participate and also view how you’ve done versus others completing the challenge – there is also swag involved.

Ooh… I love that the shoe charm is one of the swag options! I’ve never seen that before. Right now, my best motivation has been running with friends since that makes it fun in spite of the heat and humidity.

6. triathlonmami says:

Wow. That seems like a lot of swag for the price! I’ve never done a virtual race but now that I am transitioning into running season from triathlon I’ll check into them as an option to keep things interesting.

7. I’m excited to do this one too!

8. They have so many fun races. Love the shoe charm!

9. Virtual races are so great – I love the medal and shoe charm!

10. mkadens1 says:

They’ve really raised the bar on virtual swag. I stay motivated over the summer by having a big fat marathon waiting for me in October.

11. Ariana says:

Love the shark medal!!! I haven’t done a virtual race before – I registered for one and then never got anything sent to me. The company was really good about it and refunded my entry fee, but it has made me hesitant to register for another.

Fortunately it doesn’t get too humid here, so I use getting a sun tan as motivation to get my runs in 😉

I love the swag on this one, super cute!!

13. Jessica says:

Oh yes I love the shirt! I may have to sign up for this!

14. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Weeks 16 and 17 | From Dancing to Running

15. Pingback: Sole Sister Run Virtual 7 Mile Race Recap | From Dancing to Running