Friday Five – Potpourri v. 4

Its been quite an exciting week around here for so many reasons!  Although its hard to believe how quickly time is flying by and that its already the end of the first week of August, when you’ve had lots of exciting things going on, its easy for time to pass quickly.

So what’s been the cause of all the excitement around here?

1. Monday night’s run was one of those that just left me on a huge high.  Though I’m slowing down and my endurance is fading a bit (I’m having to take walk breaks more frequently than I did before I was pregnant), I felt great after running negative splits during Monday’s 5k run.
  2. negative splitsYesterday marked the beginning of my 20th week of pregnancy.  Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that we found out that we are pregnant.  I’m sure as I get closer to full term I won’t feel like time is going as quickly as it feels like right now, but I’m confident that one of the reasons that it feels like the pregnancy is flying by is because I’m staying active.
  3. On Wednesday Preston and I went for our 20 week ultrasound.  Baby Thayer’s gender is sealed away in an envelope, and two weeks from today we’ll be at Disney World, opening the envelope with Mickey Mouse by our side.
  4. envelopeYesterday was my friend Jen’s wedding.  It was an honor to be one of her bridesmaids.
  5. weddingThis weekend we’re headed to Charlottesville for an extended wedding celebration in honor of the bride and groom.  The weather forecast looks great, and we’re taking Riley with us.  I can’t wait to enjoy the time outside relaxing with friends and the bride and groom’s families.

QOTD: What exciting things are going on in your life right now?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Friday Five – Potpourri v. 4

Love the photos of you with and Thayer with the bride and groom. Have a wonderful weekend celebrating in Charlottesville! We (Tom and I) are flying to Vienna today for our long awaited river cruise!

2. Sabrina Alexandra says:

How cool that you are going to open the envelope with Mickey! I’m not sure I could wait that long.
    Right now we are less than a week away from school starting and I am really looking forward to it. I have a great bunch of kids to work with this year.

3. It’s nice that you’re still enjoying your runs. And staying busy and active sure does make time fly by!

4. Have a great weekend celebrating with the newly wed couple! And I’m excited about the gender reveal!! So cool you are going to do it with Mickey!

5. I love that you are revealing the gender at Disney! Minnie or Mickey ears? I guess we will find out soon 🙂

6. I can’t wait to hear what you are having- how exciting! By the way do you like your Garmin? I am on the market for one.

7. nmiller00 says:

So exciting and such a great way to find out the gender of the baby. That is so clever!!

8. That is so awesome you’re saving the “big reveal” for such a fun time for your family! I’m super excited to be heading to England in a few days, and California in less than a month for Dumbo 🙂

9. I can’t wait to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! You should have the folks at Disney read it and then have either Mickey or Minnie walk through the door 🙂

10. What a wonderful way for you to find out the gender! I love it 🙂

11. What a fun way to find out the gender of the baby!!! That will be so fun!

Definitely a great week! I love your idea of saving the gender reveal until you’re at Disney 🙂

13. haleyduke17 says:

How neat that you guys get to discover the gender of the baby at Disney World. that’s awesome

14. ok so cute that you are opening your envelope with Mickey! Can’t wait to hear!

15. How exciting to share the reveal with Mickey! Can’t wait for the update! Have a great vacation!

16. love that picture of ou and the bride. jealous that you’re going to my old stomping grounds of charlottesville. enjoy and if you have a chance get dumplings on the mall!

You guys are too cute! I envy the self control to wait to find out! I had to know immediately!

18. What a great way to find out the baby’s gender! I love that bridesmaid dress, the color is gorgeous!

19. Lots of exciting things happening for you. That’s odd that your friends got married on a Thursday. I bet you are getting excited for your disney trip ( for several reasons)!

20. You have so much to be excited about! I can’t wait for the reveal!

21. beautiful bride and bridesmaid! loving that color yellow. Enjoy your weekend!

22. Becki S says:

So much excitement. I love that yellow bridesmaid dress, you looked great!

23. So many good things happening! Keep us posted on the gender reveal!

24. Hope your having a great wedding weekend with your friends! Beautiful bride, and those bridesmaid dresses are actually pretty cute!
    I bet your right about the pregnancy going by fast right now because you are active, my sisters stayed active during their pregnancy’s (when they could) and it made a huge difference. One of my sisters was put on bed rest, and she said it was like a never ending 2 months being on it, it was horrible, she would have given anything just to be able to get up and walk around outside… but she did it for her cute baby boy:)
    That is such a fun way to open the news about if your having a boy or girl, very cute idea love it!

25. so many great things happening and I love the idea of a gender reveal with Mickey!

26. Omg I do not think I would be able to wait to open that envelope! That is such a cute idea though!

• I think I’m handling the delay better than my husband is. Though I finally hid the envelope last night (it had been sitting out on our dining room table, so it was a huge tease). Hopefully now that its hidden he won’t talk about it so much!

27. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 14 | From Dancing to Running

28. jillconyers says:

This is such a happy feel good post 🙂 What a cool idea for the gender reveal.

29. Victoria says: