Four Years Ago Today

Four years ago today I woke up in my parents’ house in Illinois, eager for what lied ahead of me that day.

Four years ago today I felt like a princess as I got dressed in my wedding dress and thought about walking down the aisle.

Four years ago today I sat around my parents’ kitchen table playing a game of Skip Bo with my bridesmaids as I eagerly awaited leaving for the church.

skip bo

Four years ago today I walked down the aisle with my dad.

Four years ago today I met my groom at the altar.

Four years ago today I married my best friend, and then danced the night away with him and just over 100 of our friends and family.

Why yes, every single person in the room joined us for a Conga Line.  It was awesome!

Why yes, every single person in the room joined us for a Conga Line. It was awesome!

Four years ago today I started on a wonderful journey with my husband, and never imagined where life would take us four years later.

Four years ago today I never imagined that today we’d be pregnant with our first child, eagerly awaiting his/her arrival.

I cannot wait to see what the coming year has in store for us. Β Happy 4th Anniversary, Preston!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Four Years Ago Today

1. Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures.

2. What a gorgeous bride you were!!!! Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

Happy anniversary! That is such a sweet post, and I love that you had time for a game with your bride’s maids before the ceremony πŸ™‚

4. Congrats on 4 years! You look beautiful in these pictures 😊

Happy anniversary!

6. Aw, happy anniversary! You were a beautiful bride! This is a lovely post – hope you’ll send it to Preston!

7. Happy anniversary to you both! I love the photo of you and your bridesmaids waiting to leave your house, it’s so cute and candid πŸ™‚

8. What a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary to you both!

9. Jamie says:

Happy anniversary! I hope you both have a wonderful day πŸ™‚

10. Such beautiful pictures!!!
    You were a beautiful bride:)

Happy 4th anniversary. You have so much to celebrate so enjoy your day!

12. mkadens1 says:

Awww very sweet! Happy Anniversary!

13. I love your bouquet! The pop of blue is the nicest little touch. Congratulations on the four years, and I hope there are many many more. πŸ™‚

Happy Anniversary, you two! Hope you enjoyed the day!! πŸ™‚

Aww, your pictures are beautiful! Happy Anniversary!!

16. Happy anniversary! Your pictures are amazing!

17. tonee78 says:

Happy Anniversary and congrats! Here’s to another 30!

18. Jessica says:

Happy Anniversary! Love these photos and you two are a beautiful couple.

19. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! πŸ™‚

20. Happy anniversary! What beautiful photos and I love your dress!

21. Aww, love this! Happy anniversary! You looked STUNNING, I absolutely love your dress! Congratulations!! πŸ™‚

22. Mrs.BarBelle says:

This was a wonderful post to read and I love the photos from your wedding. Congratulations on your little one! Can’t wait to see what the next four years unfolds.

23. Beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Side note: I love the SkipBo picture! I have a picture of me and three of my bridesmaids, all dressed up for the wedding and reaching in to a Cheez-It box for a snack. It’s one of my favorite pictures!!!