Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 9

Am I really halfway through my current half marathon training cycle?!?  Its really hard to believe just how quickly time is flying by!  Before I know it, it’ll be September 6th and I’ll be crossing the start line of my fifth half marathon!

This past week, I enjoyed a cutback in my mileage.  After running an eight miler last Sunday, it was nice to only run a 5k as my long run this past weekend.  This week I’ll be increasing my long run to 10 miles, so the break in mileage this past weekend was needed both physically and mentally.

I ran two races this past week.  Thursday evening I ran my second virtual race, the All 4 Run Virtual 4 Mile Race, and then on Saturday I ran the annual Firecracker 5k.  Its always exciting to run two races within only a couple of days!

Thursday evening after completing the All 4 Run 4 Mler Virtual Race

Thursday evening after completing the All 4 Run Virtual 4 Mile Race

After Saturday's Firecracker 5k

Saturday morning after running the Firecracker 5k in the pouring rain

Mon 6/29 – 30 minutes on the elliptical, abs, glutes

Tues 6/30 – 3.15 mile run, 0.34 mile cool down walk

Wed 7/1 – 1.12 mile walk with Riley

Thurs 7/2 – All 4 Run Virtual 4 Mile Race, 0.65 mile cool down walk

Fri 7/3 – Rest day

Sat 7/4 – Firecracker 5k

Sun 7/5 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 15.10 miles (1.95 miles less than week 8)

Total RnRVB Mileage – 127.04 miles

QOTD: What are you currently training for?  How far into your training are you?

This entry was posted in RnRVB Half Marathon Training, Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 9

1. Elle says:

No training for me, just Summer runnining for fun. Have a great week!

2. I’m just continuing my usual shorter weekday runs (5-7 miles) and perhaps an 8 miler on the weekend occasionally to get ready for Dumbo over Labor Day. Since it’s a 10K Saturday and a half Sunday I’m focused more on running two or three days in a row, something I haven’t been doing this year very much.

3. Yikes, sorry you had to run in the rain! I don’t know what i’m even training for anymore but I was finally able to do one lap around the park without pain. -M

4. Woohoo! Rocking it! I just finished my first week of Dopey Challenge training. Onto week 2!

5. I bailed on the 5k this year I was still tired from traveling. My next race is the Iron Girl tri in 6 weeks. Need to get my butt in gear!

6. Jamie says:

I just started Week 2 for NYCM! I feel like it is s far away but know it will be here in a blink of the eye! Congrats on a great week – and step back weeks are ALWAYS the best : )

7. I am not training for anything right now but feel I need a goal. What would you recommend?

8. I’m so bummed I missed the Firecracker 5K this year. I love that race!! Looks like a great training week!

9. Next week the twitter chat I co-host Monday at 4pm EST where we bust common #fitmyths is talking about running! Fleet Feet is sponsoring us! Hope you will join, looks like running is one of your passions!

10. I did that All 4 Run virtual run too! It was a great experience!

11. Very fun about the two races, love the picture!!
    Half way through training, that is awesome!! I am not training for a specific race just yet, but I have some hopes that I can get back to marathon condition by fall and run a few, fingers crossed!

12. I’m not training for anything big now…just doing 5Ks and maybe a 10K in September. It’s always fun to be training for something!

13. briwifruit says:

Looks like a solid week of training! I’m currently training to run a 25k trail race with some intense hill climbs. Need to get out to run some hills more than I have otherwise I’m really going to hurt after this race!

14. Becki S says:

Looks like you are rocking your runs! Love the American flag addition to your outfit.

15. jillconyers says:

You’re doing awesome with your training! Reading all the training recaps makes me wish I would have chosen a new goal race.

16. you are doing great! My race is the same weekend as yours (Dumbo Double Dare) and I love that we are doing the same mileage week to week!

17. Great training week! I didn’t have such a good week last week but am back to it this week. (hopefully) knocking out 10 miles tomorrow morning before it storms all day!

Good training week! Looking fwd to your recaps 🙂 Any “celebrity” sitings this year? hehe