July 2015 Monthly Goals

Where is time going?!?  How can it already be July 1st?  It feels like 2015 just started and that I was setting both my yearly goal as well as my first set of monthly goals for the year!

Unlike May, June went far better as far as my fitness goes.  I’m attributing that it to the fact that I spent all of May battling nausea and exhaustion, and by mid-June was feeling mostly like my old self again.  I’m definitely trying to take advantage of my rediscovered energy during this second trimester of pregnancy, especially since we have lots coming up on our calendar and I’m trying to take care of a lot of chores at home now that I’m also on summer break.

So how did it go it terms of my three goals this past month?

june 2015 goals

1.  Run, walk, and elliptical at least 70 miles.

Grade: A

I successfully logged just over 71 miles last month, which included three long runs of 6, 7, and 8 miles in length.

2.  Listen to my body.

Grade: A

I’ve become pretty good at recognizing when I need extra rest.  Although I completed all of my planned runs last month, there were some weeks where cross training took a hit because my body screamed for extra rest.

3.  Use the elliptical.

Grade: C

I only used the elliptical twice this past month.  I’m not disappointed in myself, I just wish that there had been fewer days that I had come home from work exhausted and ready for bed before dinner was even on the table.

I’m hopeful and optimistic that with my rising energy level that I’ll be able to have another successful month in July.  However, that doesn’t mean that I can just neglect what my pregnant body tells me it needs.

july 2015 goals

1.  Run, walk, and elliptical at least 75 miles.

Since I met my mileage goal in June, its only natural that I up the ante this month.

2.  Continue to listen to my body.

This will likely be a part of my monthly goals between now and when the baby is born.

3.  Enjoy the month’s social activities.

Preston and I have a lot on our calendar this month.  We’ll be celebrating Independence Day with friends on Saturday, and then later this month will be headed to Seattle to celebrate the marriage of two of my college friends.  I’m also co-hosting a bridal shower for another friend whose wedding I’m in next month, and the same weekend we also will have a night on the town for her Bachelorette party.  At the end of the month, Preston and I will also be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary.  Its going to be a very busy month!

QOTD: What are your goals for July?

This entry was posted in Motivation, Training and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to July 2015 Monthly Goals

1. I have one goal: every morning that my boyfriend works at 5:30 I will get up with him and go to the gym instead of sleeping in. About 3-4 mornings a week.

This morning I did the elliptical for the first time in forever! I don’t remember it being such a workout.

Wow, you have a very busy month and hopefully with feeling better you can reach your running/elliptical goals. My goal for this month is to get back to running and hopefully Saturday I will have a run with no calf issues!

Wow, you ARE going to have a super busy month…sounds like a lot of fun things planned, though! 🙂 Glad your energy has returned, too!

4. Being a mom is all about adjusting your expectations and being really flexible so you are off to a great start! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy the 2nd trimester.

5. What a busy month ahead girl! Glad you have renewed energy so you can enjoy it! The second trimester is the best!!!

6. Have a fabulous July! My goal is to run 110+ miles (I’ve been building to 30 mile rather than 25 mile weeks), crush the NY bar exam, have a fab 24th birthday despite the bar exam being two days later, and plan my BFF’s baby shower for September while enjoying my post-bar vacation!

7. TeamFitMommy says:

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Glad you are feeling better! You did great last month! My goals for this month are to stick to a fitness challenge I have going on and get my kids outside more!

I might switch my focus to more strength training but I’ll see how I feel each week.

Sounds like you have a great month ahead of you! I hope you have fun and the renewed energy continues 🙂 I’m starting my training for Wine and Dine next week so my main July goal is going to be to stick to the training plan.

10. Jamie says:

July goals – start marathon training! And to keep up my cross training at least twice a week… and maybe stretch once or twice : ) Hope you have a great day!

11. Busy month for you, and I’m glad you were able to meet your June goals!

My July goals are to reduce the amount of sugar I ate and to get in to my fitness groove before school starts again (early August for me!)

12. Angie Newton says:

Sounds like a busy month and great goals.

My July goals are to workout at least 5 days a week (starting Monday when we get home from a quick trip), choose my foods wisely and there are some personal goals like reading and writing every day as well.

13. sounds like a busy month! my July is pretty crammed as well. Can’t believe the year is half over!

14. Becki says:

That does seem like a very busy July. Hope you can start things off on a good foot. It’s always inspiring to read about someone who is juggling work, working out, and being pregnant! Thanks for the read.

15. I have my A race, Ironman Lake Placid in July. My only goal is to finish it smiling and not ruin the family vacation by obsessing about it!

16. I am so impressed with your fitness while pregnant! When I was pregnant, I barely had any energy to walk, much less run…

17. cassi9879b says:

You’re a busy little bee aren’t you! Just watch the volume as you get closer to your due date.

18. Looks like you have a lot going on that is fun! Hope your energy levels rise, but don’t be afraid to rest if that’s what you need to do! My July goal is to run another 5K before the end of the month!

19. Great job with your goals! I love the listening to your body part! 🙂 I honestly have been slackign wtih the goal setting lately… I am doign good stickign to my weekly plan each day/week 🙂

20. GiselleR says:

No specific goals for July yet, but I definitely need to get to the gym more! Good luck with this month’s goals 🙂

June was definitely a much better month 🙂 I haven’t been using the elliptical as much as I did last year, but really should get on it more often. Glad you are feeling well in this trimester and enjoy all the fun activities ahead 🙂 Soooo excited for your Seattle trip.

22. Pingback: August 2015 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running