Friday Five – Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago

I love looking through old photos and taking walks down memory lane.  I used to scrapbook and print off pictures to put into photo albums on a regular basis, so its fun to pull them off of the bookshelf and reminisce.  I’ll admit that over the past couple of years I’ve gotten way behind on my photo albums, but hopefully I’ll get back on track soon since, let’s face it, its much more fun to look through albums and scrapbooks than it is to just scroll through pictures on the computer.

This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is “Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago.”  Oh what a fun trip I took down memory lane last night as I wrote this post!

Ten years ago I was:

1.  In the midst of my summer between my freshman and sophomore years of college.  (Wow, I feel old now!)

2.  Working two jobs during my summer break.  During the day I worked at my dad’s law firm as the summer receptionist while the college interns were on break, and on nights and weekends I worked at Old Navy as a Sales Associate.

3.  Taking one community college class (World Civilizations) in order to get ahead on credits for my History degree.

4.  Spending as much time with my high school friends as I could.  I was one of the few people from my close knit HS group that left Illinois for college, so on school breaks I spent as much time with my friends as I could.

With my friends Jon and Kathleen

With my friends Jon and Kathleen

5.  Not running.  Instead, I was still dancing.

QOTD: What were you doing ten years ago?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago

1. yuenjennifer says:

Ahhhh young Kathryn and Kathleen! My younger sister also worked at Old Navy/GAP. In high school I had stints at Limited Too and American Eagle…ughh 🙂

2. mkadens1 says:

It’s fun to reminisce! 10 years ago I was one month away from giving birth to Thing 2 so pretty much beached whale status. : )

3. Oh how fun to look back! Let’s see…10 years ago I was super pregnant with my first child! He arrived July 27th! Can’t believe my baby is about to be 10!!!

I love it! Reliving fun memories is so much fun!! 🙂

Ten years ago, I graduated college, passed my NCLEX to become a nurse, started dating my now husband, and spent time with recovery efforts after Hurricane Rita. 2005 was an interesting year for sure!

5. Ha, I use to be faithfully with printing pictures an putting them in photo albums. Now I haven’t done that since we started the blog. You are right, not as much fun scrolling through pics on a computer!

6. Katrina says:

I don’t even want to go back in my brain 10 years LOL

7. Mrs.BarBelle says:

What a fun blog post/link up! Love the old photos =)

8. Jamie says:

10 years ago I was lifeguarding at my town beach… getting an AWESOME tan. Those were the days : )

9. What a fun theme. Let’s see 10 years ago I was heading into the summer before my senior year of high school – working 3 jobs. I remember getting so pumped when I had $500 in my bank account haha.

10 years ago was big change. That summer I had my first internship instead of working soccer camps like I had for the 3 previous summers.

11. Oh my gosh. 10 years ago, I was running (of course), raising my boys, working as a nurse, and going back to school to become a nurse practitioner.

12. Wow high school seems like forever ago to me especially since my daughter just graduated from HS. Fun to look back isn’t it?!

13. I was in law school, loving life in Charlottesville!

14. Nic Akins says:

10 years ago? You are so young! I love it. I was wiping baby’s bottoms. Nic-

15. I was definitely not running! Lol What’s funny is I was a cheerleader and danced. The rest is a blur!

16. Kathleen says:

Wow, old picture! I’m sure you’ll get back into your photo albums once your baby arrives!

17. Hollie says:

How fun is this?!?! 10 years ago I was enjoying my first summer being 21 AND it was my first summer to not go home and stay at college. So you could only imagine what I was doing. Drinking too much and spending too much time with a boyfriend who didn’t matter. I surely wasn’t in on a Friday night commenting on blogs 😉 I like my life at 31 better than 21.

18. jillconyers says:

I was running, being mom and not doing yoga. What was I thinking with NOT doing yoga?

19. 10 years ago I was nearly 2 months into dating my now-husband, working at a job I only kinda liked, and trying to figure out how to finish university. I wasn’t active, wasn’t running, wasn’t doing much of anything. Oh how things have changed!

Love all the pics from bloggers from 10 years ago. I was living in England 10 years ago enjoying all aspects of a different lifestyle!

21. So fun, to look back! 10 years ago I was finishing up college and trying to train for a marathon with what was the worst bout of Epstein Barr I have ever had, never could stay awake for more than 20-30 minutes, glad to be past that LOL

22. Jessica says:

This is such a great idea! Hmm 10 years ago I was about to graduate high school, had a bad haircut, and loved Chemistry 😉