Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 7

This past week was more about survival than anything else.  With it being the last week of the school year, things were super busy at school with administering final exams, submitting final grades, and packing up my classroom.  Because of graduation on Wednesday, I was away from the house from 6:15 in the morning until almost 10:00 at night.  To say I arrived home exhausted is an understatement.

I didn’t work out nearly as much as I would have liked to this past week, but at least I did manage to complete all three of my planned runs.  I didn’t get to do much other training, but given how busy my week was I’m not sure that I could have fit anything else in.

Other than finishing out the school year, the other highlight of my week was Fit Foodie weekend this past weekend.  I can’t wait to share my recap, but for now let’s just say that it involved eating a lot of delicious food and getting to hang out with some amazing DC area bloggers.  And while I didn’t come anywhere close to running a 5k PR at the race on Saturday, it was still an extremely fun race experience.

At the Fit Foodie VIP Party Friday evening with Mar, Amy, Courtney, Erika, Sue, and my friend Becca

Before the start of the Fit Foodie 5k

Before the start of the Fit Foodie 5k

Mon 6/15 – 2.69 mile walk around the neighborhood with Riley

Tues 6/16 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.53 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, arms, chest, shoulders, glutes

Wed 6/17 – Rest day

Thurs 6/18 – 3.10 mile run around the neighborhood, 0.37 mile cool down walk, abs

Fri 6/19 – Rest day

Sat 6/20 – Fit Foodie 5k

Sun 6/21 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 12.89 miles (3.64 miles less than week 6)

Total RnRVB Mileage – 94.89 miles

QOTD: What was the highlight of your week?

This entry was posted in RnRVB Half Marathon Training, Training and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 7

Busy weeks sometimes means less working out and that is not a bad thing. At least you were able to get in your scheduled runs. The pics from your FitFoodie event are cute, can’t wait to hear all about it!

2. Great Pics from the Foodie 5K so far. Can’t wait to read the full recap!

3. Fit Foodie 5k looks awesome, can’t wait for the full rehash of the event! And at least now summer is here for you teachers as well as the kids 🙂

4. It was so great getting to hang out with you this weekend!

5. thebarbella says:

Fit Foodie looks like a blast! I’ll have to look if there is one near me. Congrats on making it through the academic year. Enjoy the summer!

I never had a sense of how busy teachers are when I was in school, but now I see how busy some of my friends are. They need the summer break more than the kids do.

I love your running for two shirt!

8. How awesome to see all of you in one place! Sounds like such a great time. The highlight of my weekend was relaxing in the Sun I’m so glad it is summer!

9. Great hanging with you and meeting Becca this weekend! So fun, so delicious, so HOT!

10. Just wanted to pop on and say congrats on the pregnancy!

11. Jamie says:

Love your tank : ) Highlight of the week was actually taking the time to relax this weekend – rainy weather makes me feel a lot less guilty about staying inside and not doing anything ! Hope you have a fabulous Monday! : )

12. Elle says:

We have been having such fabulous weather I am spending as much time as I can outdoors playing tennis, golfing and running… and walking everywhere to do errands too.

13. I can’t wait to read your recap of the Fit Foodie 5k! It sounds like such a fun event.

14. deborahbrooks14 says:

i was sorry to miss the fit foodie again this year. Looks like you all had fun! Enjoy summer break

15. carmyy says:

I love seeing pics from events with other bloggers! Such a small world right?

16. I would have loved to attend that Fit Foodie event. How fun that you got to meet all the DC bloggers!

17. mkadens1 says:

Dang! You girls clean up nicely! Look at all the pretty dresses!

18. yuenjennifer says:

Looks like you had so much fun! Looking forward to the recap.

19. Sounds like a great week! Love that you had a wonderful time at the Fit Foodie event!

Highlights for the week was seeing little man earn his next belt in karate and getting in some solid runs and swims. 🙂

Can’t wait to hear about the conference! 🙂 Love the shirt you wore for the 5K! So cute!!

21. GiselleR says:

The highlight of my week was on Friday when I finally mastered a cookie recipe Ive been working on. Oh, and my undergrad diploma came in the mail today. Definitely deserves an honourable mention lol

22. Beautiful group photo!!!
    Sounds like such a fun event and weekend!
    Love the tank too, such a cute idea for a saying too. I once heard that women who run through their pregnancy tend to have children who are great at math. Being someone who always struggled with it, I think that chance alone is a great reason to keep up the running for the little one:)

23. jillconyers says:

A Fit Goodie weekend sounds wonderful! It’s so much fun to meet other bloggers in real life.

24. This seems to be a very busy time for everyone right now. Godd job getting you runs in!

25. I saw a lot of photos from people from the fit foodie 5k…kinda want to do it next year! Maybe I’ll take a trip down to DC 🙂

26. The Fit Foodie Run looks like a blast, especially since you were in great blogging company. Can’t wait to read more about it!