Friday Five – Five Things That Make Me Happy

This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is Five Things That Make Me Happy.  I love this theme for so many reasons, mainly because there’s so much in life to be happy about, particularly with the big baby announcement that I made a couple of days ago.  Things both big and small can bring a huge smile to my face, including:

1.  Seeing Riley get excited about going for a walk

2.  Date nights with my husband

During date night at the end of May

During date night at the end of May

3.  Spending time with friends (and one of my best friends is headed here today to participate in Fit Foodie weekend with me!)

With Becca on Easter Sunday

With Becca on Easter Sunday

4.  Running, especially on days when I’m able to crush goals and feel on top of the world

After Saturday's long run

After Saturday’s long run

5.  Thinking about our future as a family of three

Baby Thayer last week at our 12 week ultrasound

Baby Thayer last week at our 12 week ultrasound

QOTD: What makes you happy?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things That Make Me Happy

1. Oh I feel the same way about our Labrador. I don’t even have to mention the word Walk. If she sees me grab the leash or my shoes, she’s practically doing back flips! Enjoy Fit Foodie this weekend!

2. Sabrina Alexandra says:

I have a girls night out planned tonight and that’s making me pretty happy. Enjoy your weekend!!

3. Running and foodie fun make me happy these days, as well as family and friends, while I’m studying for the bar – unfortunately I feel guilty when I stress-snap on the latter, whereas I can snap at myself in front of food and the food doesn’t care 🙂 I wish we had a Fit Foodie run near me, it sounds perfect!

It’s the small things that make me the happiest. I love it when I get home from work and Allie’s in the hallway greeting me home. Then it’s pretty much a “feed me” thing

5. Love your happy list! 🙂 I share many of those same happy thoughts. 🙂

6. Awee yey!!! Let’s see right now what’s making me happy is a hot cup of coffee! – but in general, family, friends, an incredible boyfriend, and blogging!

So many wonderful things to be happy about going on right now! I’ll look for you at the 5k this weekend 🙂

8. Congrats on the baby news! How exciting?! My Chloe gets excited when she sees me grab my “dog walking” shoes. She is too smart because she knows the difference between those and my running sneaks.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, and yes, you have many things to smile about right now!

10. I LOVE those runs that go really well too, because I don’t have them super super often. 🙂

11. Sweet post. I get a double date tonight with some friends and free wine tastings. That makes me happy.

12. For me just getting out and enjoying life makes me happy:) I hate to be bored:)

13. haleyduke17 says:

OMGoodness. Congratulations on the baby news. I hadn’t heard. That’s amazing!!! Definitely a happy moment.

14. Running, pizza, my dog, the beach…all make me happy!

15. jillconyers says:

I can see why these things are on your happy list. Date nights rule! My workouts are making me happy 🙂

Have an awesome weekend Kathryn!

16. So good to see you this weekend and meet your friend! You look awesome!

17. Great choices and yay for date nights! Enjoy your weekend. 🙂

18. Such a sweet list!!! Not sure if I missed the memo or if I already told you but–Congratulations!!! How exciting! So many things make me happy: my husband, family, and food of course!

19. Great list. Running and family make me happy!

20. Spending time with friends when you’re older is the best. Because I feel like it’s just so hard to get together regularly like you used to in college or HS. I’m really excited because my friend and I are takin ga 4 day trip to Cape Cod next week!