How Will You Celebrate the 4th of July?

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary virtual race entry.  I am not being compensated financially.  As always, all opinions are my own.

There are so many great things about 4th of July, but most importantly, its a time to celebrate our great country’s birthday.  Each year my celebration has been a bit different, but it usually involves running, a gathering with friends, and of course, watching fireworks.

My view of the fireworks in 2012

My view of the fireworks in 2012

This year I’m excited that Gone for a Run has asked me to help celebrate our nation’s birthday by participating in their latest virtual race, the All 4 Run Virtual 4 Mile Race, which runs from July 2nd-5th this year.  Just like with their other virtual races, registered runners will receive some great swag, including a shirt (fitted tank for women or tee for men), finisher’s medal, bib, and car magnet.  How adorable is this medal?!?!?

all 4 run swag

Photo Credit: Gone for a Run

Since Preston and I will be running the Firecracker 5k for the third year in a row the morning of July 4th, I’ll likely run this virtual race as a training run a couple of days prior to Independence Day.  I’m looking forward to earning this medal after running four sweaty miles.

Interested in joining me for this virtual race?  Be sure to head over to Gone for a Run’s website and register by June 22nd in order to receive your race packet in time.  Registration is only $32.

QOTD: What are your plans for July 4th?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to How Will You Celebrate the 4th of July?

1. I’m in! I’m such a sucker for patriotic swag!

The swag for this race is so cool! I’m not sure what we’re doing the weekend of the 4th yet but it will definitely involve some sort of running in the morning and getting together with friends in the afternoon/evening 🙂

3. I got my stuff in the mail yesterday, excited!

4. Jamie says:

This is so fun! I love the concept! I will hopefully on the beaches of Nantucket for July 4th, but things are still up in the air. Hope you have a great day!

5. Christy says:

I love virtual races! So fun! I’m going to Portugal for the 4th of July!

6. oooo how fun! I love the medal! Going to check it out 🙂

7. Nic Akins says:

I will be doing the Scripps 10K run! I do it every year to start of the 4th of July weekend. It’s long enough and warm enough to love it and hate it when it’s over. LOL! Have a great time at your race! -Nic

8. Elle says:

Have a wonderful celebration on the 4th!

9. mkadens1 says:

Fun! I’ll hopefully be packed and ready to head across the pond to Europe. We’ll spend the 4th and see a parade with my parents first though.

10. We have a party to go to on the 4th. I really want to run Firecracker again like I did last year, but not sure yet! I love that race!

11. This looks like a fun race! I may have to sign me and my hubby up! We’re just going to barbeque and go watch fireworks!

12. So fun, I think 4th of July races are awesome!

13. Shannon says:

I usually run a local 5k here on the 4th, but since I’ve got a long run that day, I’m honestly not sure. I will definitely wear the red, white and blue no matter what I do!

14. I’m doing this one too! I have a 10k on the 5th, so I get to do this one on the 4th!

15. Eliz Frank says:

I will spend it with my family and a few friends. We live near the Croton Aqueduct so a walk is in the picture too.

16. Pingback: Friday Five – Potpourri v. 3 | From Dancing to Running

17. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 9 | From Dancing to Running

18. Pingback: Our Extended 4th of July Celebration | From Dancing to Running