Friday Five – Five Things I’m Looking Forward to Doing This Summer

Happy Friday everybody!  With today being the last full day of school (we have half days with the students next week due to final exams, then one last teacher workday the following Monday), summer vacation is on my mind.  I cannot wait for an extended break from work.

This summer is going to be a very exciting summer!  Preston and I have lots on our calendar, and a lot of exciting events and activities to look forward to.

1.  I’ll be participating as an ambassador during Fit Foodie 5k Weekend next weekend

FitFoodie5K

2.  We’ll be traveling to Seattle in July to attend the wedding of two of my college friends

3.  I’ll be standing by a good friend’s side as one of her bridesmaids at her wedding in August

Jen and I during a wine tasting weekend in Charlottesville last fall

Jen and I during a wine tasting weekend in Charlottesville last fall

4.  Preston and I are going on vacation in Florida in August (we’ll be spending two days at Disney World followed by 3.5 days at St. Pete’s Beach on the Gulf Coast)

5.  We’ll be heading to Virginia Beach to run Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach for the third year in a row

Post race last August

Post race last August

Interested in joining me for RnRVB, or interested in running another Rock ‘n’ Roll race this year?  Be sure to use code DANCINGTORUNNING to save $15 on your registration (exclusions apply).

rnr discount code

QOTD: What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Friday Five – Five Things I’m Looking Forward to Doing This Summer

1. haleyduke17 says:

Ahhhh… Summer vacations. And you’ve picked a great spot to do it! St. Pete beach is a great beach. We love our gulf coast! Any big plans while you’re here? or do you plan to stay poolside the whole time?

2. You have an awesome summer lined up!
    Karen @karenlovestorun

3. I am bummed to miss the fit foodie event again. I will be in Hawaii so not too bummed 🙂 Looks like a fun summer.

I’m hoping to continue hitting 5k on my treadmill runs and build up to the fall season.

5. Jamie says:

Sounds like so much fun !! I’m going on vacation in August, and cannot wait to spend a week on the beach : )

6. Have so much fun this summer – running, weddings, and beaches? Sounds awesome to me 🙂

7. Sounds like you’ve got a lot of fun summer plans! Have fun!!!!

8. Reading! I am so behind on it. 🙂

9. Fun! See ya next weekend 🙂

10. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead! I’m looking forward to a bunch of weddings and a few races, too 🙂

11. Kelli says:

Love all of those places! I can’t wait to get back to Seattle. We took a week there (2 days in Seattle, 2 days in the Columbia Gorge for winery tours, 3 days in the Olympic Peninsula) and had a blast! Enjoy!

12. I wish I could do that FitFoodie weekend! If it would ever stop raining and warm up here, I’d love to get back in my kayak. And I need to waterski!

13. Sounds like an exciting summer for you! I have been to the RNR VB for the last three years but sadly I cannot make it this year, have fun!

14. I am looking forward to moving – ok, looking forward to and dreading all the packing at the same time! Some concerts and visiting my family.

15. Enjoy your Fit Foodie weekend. I was bummed I couldn’t participate again this weekend, but I’ve got Ragnar Trail in WV next weekend. It should be lots of fun, too!

Have fun in Seattle! July sounds like a great time to visit.

Ahhh so excited you will be heading to Seattle! Hope you have fun next weekend – can’t wait to hear about the food you try : )

17. I hope you have a blast! Lots of travel, sounds like a wonderful summer!

18. jillconyers says:

You have a lot to look forward to this summer. We’re going on a family trip to Chicago (can’t wait!) and I’m going back to LA for IDEA World Fitness and blogfest. Woohoo!

19. woohoo – see you next weekend!

20. Looks like a lot of fun! We have two family vacations coming up, one in June and one in August which will be lots of fun with cousin and extended family!

21. I’m looking forward to my trip in a few weeks to cape cod with my best friend, and to my week long vacay in myrtle beach with my BF in july! Can’t wait to relax and also to just have new places to run 🙂