June 2015 Monthly Goals

May didn’t go quite as I’d hoped.  Being sick for a full week definitely put me behind in reaching my fitness goals, and then it took awhile to get back on track once I was finally over my cold.  That, coupled with an extremely busy month at school with AP and state testing, made for being a bit distracted on the fitness month.

Looking back at last May, I faced many of the same difficulties.  May is one of the busiest and most stressful months of the entire school year, so I’m not surprised that I struggled to once again meet my goals this past month.  I’m not being hard on myself, mainly because its still early on in half marathon training and I have plenty of time to build my mileage up.

may 2015 goals

1.  Run, walk, and elliptical at least 70 miles.

Grade: C

I logged a total of 50.7 miles, a far cry from my goal of 70 miles.  Given that I went an entire week without training, I’m pretty proud of what I did accomplish.

2.  Listen to my body.

Grade: A

When I started to feel sick, I started taking the extra rest that my body was screaming for.  In the past I would have felt guilty about taking the extra rest, but this past month I didn’t.

3.  Use the elliptical.

Grade: F

Despite my best intentions, this was the second month in a row that I didn’t use the elliptical.

With the school year coming to a close this month, I know that I’ll have more time to focus on and dedicate to my training.  I’m excited to spend more time and energy focusing on becoming a stronger runner by revisiting my May goals.

june 2015 goals

Just like last June, I’m giving my May goals a repeat try this June.  I don’t want to ignore my goals just because I had trouble achieving them.  Missing the mark on two of my three goals actually has me that much more motivated to work towards achieving them this month.

QOTD: Do you ever revisit goal(s) if you had trouble achieving them?

This entry was posted in Motivation, Training and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to June 2015 Monthly Goals

1. If first you don’t succeed….you know the phrase! You’ll get it this month. May is a crazy, crazy month for teachers trying to wrap everything up! Glad you’re not being too hard on yourself.
    Karen@karenlovestorun

2. Caitlin says:

i always revisit goals if i didn’t complete them! Or even if I did, I will stretch them for another 30 days. I did a 30 day meditation challenge back in March and am now revamping it for June! Good job on listening to your body, and 50 miles isn’t THAT far off from 70!! 🙂

3. Maureen says:

I think there are some months where sometimes getting out of bed and just showing up is the best we can do! May is also a crazy month for me at the high school I work at, so I try to cut myself some slack during that time.

4. Sometimes life gets in the way of our desired goals, but to me its all about movin’ forward and keep on striving towards your goals! I say to you, GREAT JOB last month. May was a toughy for many of us! xoxo

5. I definitely revisit goals. I had the goal to run a full marathon last year – didn’t happen – but it did this year! I’m thinking of a few others I had as well last year that I didn’t check off as well!

6. I think May was tough for many all around! Life just happens. Just Keep Going is what I say! I’m sure once the school year is through you’ll have plenty of time to focus on and meet your goals!

7. I think it’s a great idea to go back to your goals and try again if you didn’t achieve them. That’s the thing about goals, they are always changing. And listening to your body when you’re sick is important so you did good 🙂

My teacher friends are counting down till Friday, then they’ll be on break. I’m sure you’ll get your goals this time month.

9. yes I revisit them all the time! Good luck!

10. I was barely able to workout all of May, so you bet I’ll be bringing back some goals. Hopefully both of us have a better June!

11. Nothing wrong with repeating goals girl! Life throws us curveballs sometimes! But I think you still did amazing last month considering all you had going on!

12. Revisiting goals is the KEY. I often get stuck on thinking once I write them down or claim them they are sacred and I can’t adjust them. but that mindset sets me up for failure every time. So yeah I totally promote regularly revisiting goals to make sure they still make sense!

When you are sick, the most important thing is rest and recovery, so I would give you an A for the month of May. Hopefully this month will be much better and no more illness.

14. Angie Newton says:

Yes I have revisited past goals. Sometimes I have to dial back and not make my goals super duper hard to achieve. It seems to stress me out then I lose steam. So this month I’m keeping goals small but consistent.

15. I definitely revisit goals when they don’t happen.
    Honestly, I think most goals have to have room for “when life happens”, I think as long as we are working on things, the time frame on when they happen isn’t as important as the process and the eventual accomplishment:)

16. I absolutely revisit goals!
    I think what’s most important is knowing what stood in your way. If it’s something you could control, then you get to learn from it, if it’s just life (ie. getting sick) then you shrug it off and move on to the next month!

17. Sam @ PancakeWarriors says:

Love this! Way to listen to your body! I hope with the school year over you have more time to enjoy the things you love and even find time to get on the elliptical!!

18. No shame in all in repeating your goals from May to June! Glad you were able to get that needed rest, it’s so important to listen to your body! There will always be more miles to run!

19. It’s always good to listen to your body even if you don’t want to! I do reevaluate my goals, especially if it’s something I wasn’t able to achieve for whatever reason.

20. Yep, I leave no goal unturned! But I don’t grade myself. I do the best I can, and that’s all you can do, right?

21. I do check my goals, but I also try not to be a slave to them either. They have their place, but for me it’s a balance.

22. Pingback: July 2015 Monthly Goals | From Dancing to Running