Who else is excited that its now unofficially summer? It certainly feels like summer out there, which has me longing to finalize our summer travel plans, particularly our vacation which we plan on taking in August right before I head back to school.
Even though its only been a four day work week due to Memorial Day on Monday, its been an absolutely crazy week, and there’s also lots of exciting things that I’m looking forward to this weekend!
1. Yesterday marked the end of state testing at school! For the past week and a half, we’ve been in full testing mode at school. Virginia requires all students to take a number of end of course exams each school year, and all five of my classes took their World History SOL (Standards of Learning Test) sometime over the past week and a half.
2. Speaking of school, I’m a bit jealous of those teachers and students whose school year has already come to an end. Although we’re done with state testing, we still have three full weeks of school, followed by a Monday teacher workday. And then the next day I’ll be headed to a four day AP refresher training, so it really won’t feel like I’m done with work for the school year for another month.
3. This weekend I’ll be running my first virtual race, the Bad Ass Virtual 5 Mile Race. I’m very excited about completing my first virtual race, and then proudly wearing my race medal post race.
4. Tonight we’ll be celebrating our friends’ recent engagement with them. Preston and I were some of the first people who knew them as “a couple” and we’re very excited for their upcoming wedding!
5. Last weekend we finally planted flowers in our front flower bed for the first time since we bought our house last July. It was fun to head to the garden center and pick out flowers together, and then add some color to our front yard.
QOTD: Has school ended for the year in your neck of the woods?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!