Friday Five – Favorite Summer Food and Recipes

Happy Memorial Day weekend everybody!  With this weekend marking the unofficial start to summer, I’m excited that this week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is related to summer, as its my favorite season of the year!

One of the many things I love about summer is all of the delicious food that is associated with it.  Summer is all about fresh fruits and vegetables, BBQs, and seafood.  There’s countless reasons to love summer, especially when it comes to summer food.

There are so many summer foods that I love, so it was really hard to narrow the list down to just five!

1.  Homemade Pasta Salad (the more vegetables, the better!)

2.  Grilled Vegetables, especially squash and asparagus (Have you tried my delicious Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Salad recipe?)

zucchini salad

3.  Strawberries marinated in sparkling wine or champagne, served alongside pound cake and whipped cream (such a simple yet delicious dessert!)

4.  Grilled Salmon (Have you tried my Wasabi Soy Grilled Salmon recipe?)

salmon and squash

5.  Gazpacho (And I realize that I’ve never shared my favorite recipe for this.  I’ll have to change that soon!)

QOTD: What is your favorite summer food?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Friday Five – Favorite Summer Food and Recipes

1. I love pasta salad during the summer too!! I look forward most to all the berries! Especially balckberries. 🙂 Love them!

2. I make what my mom calls “garbage salad”. It’s all the veggies in the fridge cut up and mixed with a vinaigrette dressing. So yummy, so easy, and it keeps food from going to waste!

I love a broccoli salad I make with bacon and cheddar cheese, not terribly healthy but it sure is tasty!

4. Strawberries marinated in champagne sound delicious! I will have to try that this summer!

5. I love all the summer veggies and could live on grilled veggies. I will be sharing my gazpacho soup too. I was waiting for the better tomatoes to come out! Have a great weekend.

6. I love all the summer veggies and fruits!!! Yum!!!

7. This post just made me so excited for summer – I love all thee things too!! I can’t wait till the tomatoes are abundant to make lots of gazpacho!!!

8. haleyduke17 says:

Ahhhhhj. Gazpacho is one of my favorites. And strawberries are my go-to fruit right now. These posts make me so hungry. 🙂

9. pasta & potato salad are my FAV’s during summer!

10. mm, not a fan of gazpacho but my mouth is now watering from all this yummy goodness! pasta salad with veggies is the BEST!

11. H.A.G. says:

This looks great for a memorial day weekend- but waiting for gazpacho- my fave!

12. Juliana says:

I need to buy some squash-I have not had it in awhile!

13. Stephanie says:

Grilled veggies and salmon are two of my faves! In the summer I grill everything I can 🙂

14. I’ve never tried marinating strawberries in wine, I definitely need to give that a try this summer, it sounds awesome!

15. YUM, I am a big lover of pasta salads too!!!!

16. My favorite summer food is probably classic burger and hot dogs on the grill – and Rita’s Italian Ice!

17. Guacamole, pasta salad, strawberries and cherries… so many things!

18. i just grilled salmon this week. very simple – just a bit of coconut oil, salt and pepper. i love almost anything off the grill!

19. I love pasta salad! I make a really good one!

20. I love gazpacho! My mom always made huge vats of it in the summer time. Tastes so good and refreshing on a hot summer day!

21. A chilled pasta salad is one of my favorite summer foods, as well as fresh blackberries or watermelon!

22. I love grilled vegetables! Pasta salad is something I don’t make often, but I want to start. It’s easy to make and great for the summer!

23. It really doesn’t get ANY better than grilled salmon!

24. Farrah says:

I’m so excited about the summer veggies + fruit! (+ I’m always all about the salmon! <3)

25. tonee78 says:

I love a three bean salad! All your salads look awesome!

26. jillconyers says:

Seasonal and grilled sums up my summer favorites. The wasabi salmon sounds delicious!

I’ve never marinaded strawberries with wine or champagne…that sounds so good! I’ll have to make this in the next few weeks.

28. That salmon looks absolutely delish! I don’t have a summer food…I just love food…all season long. lol

29. GiselleR says:

I’ve been loving pasta, grilled veggies and salmon so far this summer too! So light and fresh, especially if you lay off the sauce with the pasta and just stick to olive oil and garlic. So good 😀