Happy Memorial Day weekend everybody! With this weekend marking the unofficial start to summer, I’m excited that this week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is related to summer, as its my favorite season of the year!
One of the many things I love about summer is all of the delicious food that is associated with it. Summer is all about fresh fruits and vegetables, BBQs, and seafood. There’s countless reasons to love summer, especially when it comes to summer food.
There are so many summer foods that I love, so it was really hard to narrow the list down to just five!
1. Homemade Pasta Salad (the more vegetables, the better!)
2. Grilled Vegetables, especially squash and asparagus (Have you tried my delicious Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Salad recipe?)
3. Strawberries marinated in sparkling wine or champagne, served alongside pound cake and whipped cream (such a simple yet delicious dessert!)
4. Grilled Salmon (Have you tried my Wasabi Soy Grilled Salmon recipe?)
5. Gazpacho (And I realize that I’ve never shared my favorite recipe for this. I’ll have to change that soon!)
QOTD: What is your favorite summer food?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!