Random Thursday Thoughts

There’s been a lot going on lately, and it just felt appropriate to share a couple of random thoughts with all of you.

1.  Yesterday I exercised for the first time in a week!  The last time I ran was last Wednesday, the day before I started feeling my cold come on.  Yesterday, I finally felt well enough to exercise, but knew that I wanted to start off slow, so instead of going for a run Preston and I instead took Riley for a nearly 3 mile walk around the neighborhood.  It felt great to be outside and to be moving again.

walk with Riley

2.  One of the things I hate most about teaching is the annual state exams that Virginia requires that every student take.  This week and next week are our school’s weeks for state testing, so our daily schedule is not only disrupted, but stress is plentiful at school.  I cannot wait for this part of the school year to be over with.  I absolutely hate having to teach to a standardized test, but I know that its part of my job so I’ve learned how to mentally deal with it.

3.  I’m very much looking forward to our upcoming long weekend.  With the exception of last weekend, our weekends for the past couple of months have been jam packed.  Last weekend was supposed to be low key for Preston and I, but then I got sick and spent the entire weekend on the couch trying to recover.  We don’t have much going on over Memorial Day weekend, and I’m very much looking forward to some much needed relaxation and time to take care of some chores around the house.

QOTD: What are your plans for Memorial Day weekend?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Random Thursday Thoughts

Glad you are feeling better!! We don’t have any major plans for the weekend. I think we might take the boys strawberry picking on Saturday and I’m running a half marathon on Sunday! Have a relaxing weekend! What I wouldn’t give for one of those 🙂

2. Happy you’re feeling better, missy, and welcome back to the workouts!

Harry and I have some pretty awesome plans for the weekend. We get to visit with Sophia, we’re doing Bike the Drive, and relaxing. 🙂 Happy Friday Eve!

Glad you are feeling better Kathryn. It’s hard getting back to running after a break, whether for sickness or post race. We have a pretty busy weekend with some golf, running and parties with friends. I’m hoping to use the pool too!

4. I think testing is stressful for the kids also. I understand what they are trying to do but I don’t understand the process. I’m glad you are feeling better also.

5. Oh I hate the testing thing too. Apparently they are passing a law up here that teacher evaluation will be based off of standardize test scores! We don’t have those tests for History up here though!

I love long weekends where you don’t have much planned and can actually relax! I hope you guys have a great Memorial Day 🙂 We’re planning to go camping and the weather looks like it should be good for it.

7. briwifruit says:

We just had a long weekend here (Victoria Day), and it was glorious! I could really go for another one right about now though, haha! It’s just starting to get warm here 🙂 Happy long weekend to you!

8. NutriFitMama says:

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better! We have no plans for Memorial Day at this time. We’ve been so busy trying to declutter/organize/get our house ready to sell, so I actually thought Memorial day was next week and not this one!

9. glad to hear you’re feeling better! sometimes walks are the simplest and best form of exercise 🙂 I have a pretty low key weekend on tap too – other than cleaning around the house! hope to see you Sunday though for yoga!

10. So happy you’re finally feeling a bit better! I hope all those tests go well. I remember the standardized testing growing up – bleh! This weekend I’m heading up to my boyfriend’s family lake house to just relax. I can’t wait!

11. Stephanie says:

Glad you are feeling better! Your little Riley is adorable 🙂

12. Happy to hear you are feeling better! Being sick is so not fun, I am still at what I keep hoping is the tail end of the last cold I caught. I really need to just go out there and give a run a try, at this point it may just help!
    The testing and exams sound crazy, hope you can get over all that smoothly!
    Relaxing over Memorial sounds fun! I usually take off for a trip on the weekend, but this year I scheduled a wedding that weekend, so I will be working. However, come memorial day exactly I think I will probably be doing a little relaxing myself, and of course sleeping in as long as I want, LOL

13. I’m so glad you are feeling better! Hopefully you are at 100% soon!

This is going to be a nice weekend. We are going to see Jeff Galloway speak and then we are going to do a 5K on Monday. Other than that, we are going to relax and hang out.

14. jillconyers says:

Me too! Me too! Ready for the long weekend. The amount of state, and a variety of other types, testing is unbelievable.

Have a wonderful Friday Kathryn!

15. carmyy says:

So happy to hear you’re feeling well enough to exercise again! :)!

16. Juliana says:

glad you are feeling better and testing will be over before you know it! I have all of saturday and sunday free and I am so excited already. Rarely do a weekend free to just relax!

17. GiselleR says:

Glad you’re feeling better! I started working out again this week after months of being sick on and off (stupid winter), so I’m probably gonna be recovering from the muscle shock all weekend haha