Recent Additions to My Playlist

A couple of weeks ago, I updated my playlist for the first time in I can’t even remember.  I had several iTunes gift cards sitting around, so it was fun to go on a bit of a music shopping spree.  I like working out to an eclectic set of songs, as I find that it helps to keep me on my toes and helps keep me motivated to keep moving.  So in keeping with that preference, my recent additions were a bit all over the place.

Some of the songs on my updated playlist include:

“Treasure” by Bruno Mars

“Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen

“Get Lucky” by Daft Punk

“Ghost” by Ella Henderson

“Free Your Mind” by En Vogue

“Anytime You Need a Friend” by Mariah Carey

“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson

“Lips Are Movin” by Meghan Trainor

“They Don’t Care About Us” by Michael Jackson

“Happy” by Pharrell Williams

QOTD: What music are you currently enjoying working out to?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Recent Additions to My Playlist

1. I have a few Bruno Mars on my playlist too and of course the Carlee Rae Jepson song as well. Confession here, I also like to run to Katy Perry music, especially Roar! I have replayed that many times during races when I am shooting for a PR and especially when I went after the BQ!

2. bendiful says:

Love Bruno Mars I’m also in a BIG Fall Out Boy trend right now!

3. My new fave workout song is “shut up and dance with me” why I have no idea just love it!

Great ones! My 3 year old has been walking around singing Uptown Funk….it’s so stinking cute 🙂

5. briwifruit says:

I ❤ that Meghan Trainor song 🙂 I just put on Songza right now when I feel like I need music, but most of the time I don't listen to anything. Runs have become more "quit time" for me now because life has gotten so busy!

6. One of my favorite running songs is I Lived by One Direction. Corny, I know, but I love the lyrics!

7. I love “Shut Up And Dance,” too! I just added that, “Honey, I’m Good” and “Whistle (While You Work It)” to my iPod.

8. Ariana says:

Ghost is on my playlist as well, love that song!

9. oooo love all these! Definitely adding to my Spotify 🙂

10. Love Bruno Mars!!! You have some oldies but goodies for sure!

11. LOVE the Michael Jackson song. Seriously underrated – its a great workout song! Love all the other songs on the list too, seems like we have a similar taste in music.

12. I have quite a few songs I am “sick of” and have tried to take them off my playlist but i’m not having any luck doing so. It looks as if I can take them off but when I turn on the iPod, they’re still there!

13. Bruno Mars can do no wrong!! great additions. I have quite a few of these in rotation myself. Shots by Imagine Dragons and Want you to want me by Jason DeRulo are a couple of my favorite recent adds!!

14. runsaltrun says:

I love pretty much all of these! Bruno Mars is one of my faves. He’s so crazy talented. 🙂

15. I am boring and only listen to music during races. I like to listen to podcasts though!

16. love the throwbacks on your list! especially en vogue – sooo good!! we have very similar tastes in music 🙂

17. MCM Mama says:

I don’t usually run with music, but I did for my 18+ mile runs this past training session. Air Supply came on at one point when I had my ipod on shuffle. Obviously it’s time to update LOL.

18. I can’t stop listening to Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo and Bills by Lunchmoney Lewis…both are so catchy!

19. tonee78 says:

I love Daft Punk-so much fun! Believe it or not but I have been listening to the BeeJees lately!

20. tonee78 says:

Bee Gees, damn auto correct lol

21. great choices-I need to add Lips are movin-i love that song!

I work out to a lot of EDM music and Zedd’s new CD came out on Tuesday and I love it so far!

22. Sweaty Mess says:

I love Uptown Funk! Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of 90s music – Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys. I’m going through a nostalgic phase.

23. I love Meghan Trainor! Also currently Ellie Goulding and even Grace Potter if I feel like rocking out!

24. FitMomma says:

Lately…I’m totally LOVING Bruno Mars…Locked out of Heaven! I have to FORCE myself not to sing too hard or get TOTALLY into it! “oooohhh, yeah yeah yeah….Can’t I just STAY here…spend the rest of my DAYS HERE….” lol

But I”m really in need of a new playlist too!