Friday Five – May 15th – Top Keyword Searches for From Dancing to Running

Happy Friday everybody!  After a long and stressful week at work (my AP students took their AP exam yesterday, so there were several long and busy days leading up to the exam), I thought I would write a lighthearted post today about a topic that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately: keyword searches for From Dancing to Running.  After looking through my blog stats, I was intrigued to see some of the following towards the top of the list of search terms that have led readers to my blog.

1.  From Dancing to Running

banner

It should be of no surprise that my blog name is the most searched keyword to result in a direct link to my blog.  Other variations of my blog’s name that have been Googled include Dancing to Running and From Running to Dancing.

2.  Running My First Half Marathon

Crossing the finish line of my first half marathon! Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

Crossing the finish line of my first half marathon!
Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

I spent much of the first year of writing this blog chronicling my journey in training to run my first half marathon, so its of no surprise that this is one of the top search results.  I love looking back and rereading about my training journey, the race itself, and what I learned as a result of running my first half marathon.

3.  Bucket List Half Marathons

bucketlist

I’ve shared posts both about my bucket list half marathons as well as my bucket list racecations.  A girl has to be able to dream, right?

4.  Dancer Turned Runner

My #tutusrock post that I shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (WDW10k Photo Credit: MarathonFoto)

WDW10k Photo Credit: MarathonFoto

Given that this search term, as well as other variations, are very fitting based on my own journey, I’m not at all shocked to see this search term on the top of the summary list.

5.  Josh Duggar 5k

You may recall that last July at the annual Firecracker 5k that Josh Duggar from 19 Kids and Counting also ran the race.  Even though I didn’t get to see him in person at the race, it was exciting to see the TLC cameras along the course.

QOTD: What is the most surprising search term that has led readers to your blog?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Friday Five – May 15th – Top Keyword Searches for From Dancing to Running

Never have checked this our so I have no clue what is our most searched word to get people to our blog! Interested thing though and I love your tutu photo from dancing.

2. I’ve never done this! How did you find this info? (besides the obvious, google search)

I’m another one that has no idea how to do this! It’s pretty cool to see the search terms that led people to your blog 🙂

4. Awesome! I haven’t checked my search terms lately. I need to do that!

5. I have no idea how to do this, but this is awesome to look back and see what you’ve been writing that really interests people 🙂

6. I’ve never checked on this! Interesting thanks

Fun! I don’t usually even look, I may have to go check it out now!

8. alsoranagain says:

Cool idea for a blog post! That’s a great picture of you as a dancer and runner. My daughter is a dancer and I used to be. Now I just “dance” as a character actor for our local ballet company. We are performing Prokofiev’s “Cinderella” this weekend.

I can’t remember the most surprising search term, but I remember it was really odd and random. The Blogess periodically posts her weirdest search terms, and they’re hilarious!

9. haleyduke17 says:

You’re going to laugh at my top search. People actually search for diapers to run in. No joke. Running diapers is my top referrer. Imagine the amount of chaffing that comes from diapers during a marathon.

10. i’m giving my stats a break for a week so i can’t say right now but there’s always some funny ones on the list!

11. How interesting. I’ve never looked to see what our most searched terms or phrases would be. How do you do that?

12. HoHo Runs says:

The weirdest thing I’ve gotten is “How Do I Delete Everything From My I…”. It’s cut off so I have no idea what the whole thing was. But, it’s been used several times and it finds my blog. WEIRD.

13. jillconyers says:

My son just finished his last AP exam. He said AP chem was the hardest test he has ever taken. I haven’t looked at keyword searches in a long time. I need to just for fun.

Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

14. Sweaty Mess says:

Okay this had me totally intrigued so I checked mine. Most were pretty benign. But I almost spit out my coffe when the search phrase “nude body pump pic” was listed….

15. tonee78 says:

I haven’t checked mine recently but I get a lot of hits when people search the butt bible

Too funny! I’ve had some random ones over the years but can’t recall any off the top of my head right now!

17. it’s always fun to see what gets the most! mine after my blog name is “Shaun Suisham” the Steelers kicker. I think it’s hilarious.

18. Now you’ve piqued my curiosity. I am going to have to hop on over to my analytics to check out keywords. Love the pick of you in a tutu as a dance and then as a runner!

19. GiselleR says:

Beans. Last year I wrote about the dangers of eating undercooked beans cuz a friend of mine got food poisoning from beans. Apparently a lot of people have the same problem…

20. i have no clue. That would be interesting thing to find out. I’ve been thinking about changing my blog name to the title of my blog but not sure…so torn. Ugh

21. Sam @ PancakeWarriors says:

Your dancing to running – oh I just love that!! I have no idea what brings people to my blog – I don’t do the analytics – i leave that up to the BF.

Hehe thank you Josh Duggar!