Who Wants to Run the Fit Foodie 5k With Me?

Friday evening while sitting at the airport during our long flight delay, I received a nice little surprise in my inbox:

fit foodie e-mail

That’s right, I was selected to be a Fit Foodie 5k Ambassador!  After hearing from several bloggers about their incredible race weekend experience last year, I was so disappointed that I didn’t run this race in 2014, but have been trying to make sure that it fits this year.  And for awhile, I’d been debating registering for this year’s race weekend (I honestly don’t know why I was debating for so long), and then, SURPRISE, I received an e-mail full of good news!

So what is the Fit Foodie 5k Race Weekend?  This race weekend, which is sponsored by Cooking Light & Health, seeks to bring fitness and food loving enthusiasts together to spread the message about maintaining a healthy lifestyle without sacrificing eating delicious food.  Because life is about balance, the weekend is all about balancing tasting delicious recipes while also promoting exercise.  This year’s race weekend theme is “Calories Burned, Calories Earned.”  What a great mindset for living a lifestyle of balance!

FitFoodie5K

I’ll be at the Fairfax, VA event next month, from June 19th-21st, but there are also events being held this year in Austin, Chicago, and San Diego.  The Fairfax event weekend will include:

• A Friday night Cocktail VIP party where you can meet editors from Cooking Light & Health as well as several celebrity chefs
  • Fit Foodie 5k on Saturday morning
  • A Sunday morning sweat session and brunch with celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson

Have I convinced you to join me yet?  The great news is that you can save 10% off registration for all of the weekend’s events by using code DANCINGTORUNNING.  Head to the Fit Foodie website to register.

QOTD: Who will be joining me for the Fit Foodie weekend?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Who Wants to Run the Fit Foodie 5k With Me?

Oh that sounds like a great race weekend. More and more races seem to be including extras which can really make the event special. Congrats on being an ambassador for the race!

2. I remember reading about this race when several bloggers did it last year. It looked like such a fun event. I wish I lived closer to it. Congrats!

3. This sounds like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!! Have a blast!

4. H.A.G. says:

That sounds perfect for me…except that it’s not in Providence or Boston! lol! Have fun!

5. Sounds so fun!! I wish they had one in NYC!

6. Congratulations on being selected as an ambassador!
    I remember reading recaps from this last year and it sounded so fun!

7. NutriFitMama says:

How fun! I wish I could run with you! Sounds like a great weekend and event!

Congrats on being selected as an ambassador! I actually just signed up for this race yesterday with some friends so hopefully I’ll see you there 🙂 It looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Congrats, Kathryn! Will live vicariously through you (I have my sisters engagement dinner that weekend, so won’t be able to participate this year).

10. Congrats on being selected as an ambassador! Sounds like a cool race experience–wish there was one closer to me!

11. Congratulations on being selected!This sounds like a fun race weekend! Enjoy yourself!

12. Last year I had another race on this day and this year we are away. Bummer! I heard it was lots of fun

13. Congratulations and this virtual run looks like fun! 🙂

14. katemovingforward1234 says:

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’ll look into the one in Chicago!

15. briwifruit says:

That sounds like a blast! Have fun!

16. So fun, I have actually never heard of this before! Great idea thought for a race!
    Have a fun time in it!!!

17. Wish I could! This sounds like a very fun race event. How cool to be an ambassador!

18. I had no plans to join this event and really wish it were closer but it sounds like loads of fun! I wonder if they come to Baltimore?

Whooo hoo! So excited for you! So bummed that I can’t partake this year because last year was SO FUN!!!

20. FitMomma says:

Sounds very tempting…I will have to check my crazy race calendar…I think I already have a race that weekend. :-\ congrats on being selected!!

21. Congrats! This sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I wasn’t having to many issues with my foot right now!

22. Pingback: Friday Five – Five Things I’m Looking Forward to Doing This Summer | From Dancing to Running

23. Pingback: 2015 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running