I’m Finally Free!

Yesterday was a monumental day.  98 days after my car accident on January 28th, the chiropractor decided that I was able to released from my post accident treatment!

car accident

My poor car in the aftermath of January’s five car pile up (I was car #3 in the lineup)

No more three days a week at the chiropractor!  Even though I love the office that I’ve been going to, the time its taken out of my schedule to go to the chiropractor three times a week has had a huge impact on my day to day activities.  I’ve been left with much less time each afternoon to take care of chores at home, and I’ve sat in much more traffic coming home after my chiropractor appointments.

Part of my discussion with the chiropractor yesterday was that even though I’m being released from post accident treatment, he recommended that I start a maintenance plan, and that I still visit at least every other week for the time being.  I’m more than okay with this change and appreciate that he sees the benefit to continuing to monitor me instead of just sending me on my merry way.  At the same time, I’m also ready for the claim to finally be closed and for the at fault driver’s insurance company to finally settle with us.

Other than having my afternoons back, one of the things I’m most excited about is having more time to dedicate to my training.  Spending as much time as I was at the chiropractor, followed by sitting in heavy traffic coming home, has had a huge impact on the amount of time that I’ve been able to dedicate to my training over the past couple of months.  I can’t wait to regain my lost time back!

I know that I’m a long way from putting this accident behind me altogether, but this is definitely a huge step in the right direction.  And in many ways, I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders.

QOTD: What burdens have you recently been able to have taken off of your plate?

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to I’m Finally Free!

1. Christine @ We Run Disney says:

Yea that’s great news!!! When I saw the blog post title I was hoping this was what it was about. 🙂 Happy that you’re able to take this big, positive step forward.

2. Good for you! I finally excepted that my hamstring injury (5 months now) isn’t going to get better over night and I need to focus more on getting strong and less on everything else.

Yey! so happy for you! I went through the same thing years ago and although it was good and necessary, I hated being tied down to that appointment 3 times a week!! Glad you are feeling better!

That’s great! I see a chiropractor once a month to keep everything in alignment while I continue to build mileage. When I first went to him, my pelvis was so out of whack it probably contributed to my injuries that lead up to the first appointment.

Congratulations, this is great news! I hope you enjoy having that time back 🙂

6. HOORAY!!! Congratulations!

7. YAY!!! I’m SO happy for you! As soon as I saw the title of your post, I already knew what the good news was. 🙂 Hoping everything else accident-related settles for you soon!

8. Great news!!! I’m so happy for you!

9. That’s great! Good to hear!

10. This is awesome! I know you are relieved!!!

11. this is so great! So happy for you 🙂

12. Katrina says:

I’m glad you’re better girlie!!

13. mkadens1 says:

Great news Kathryn! I’m so happy for you.

14. Girl that’s amazing news!!!! Yay!!!

15. Congrats! That is amazing!

16. Great to hear! I’m sure it will be nice to have that free time. I know when I get a rest day I love being able to come home from work and just relax/not be rushed to do evening tasks like shower, cook, etc. I hope your training beginnings go smoothly!

17. Such good news!!! I am happy to hear that you are finally feeling better! What will you do now with all of your extra time?

18. briwifruit says:

Hooray! What a relief for you!

19. jillconyers says:

That’s great news! So happy for you.

20. Yippee!!!! I swear by chiropractic but I know those visits can become tedious. I’m about to embark on PT for my knee, but thankfully it’s very close to my house and traffic should be manageable. I’ve never seen ANYTHING like DC/VA area traffic! Holy cow!! Can’t wait to see you guys at W&D!!

21. GiselleR says:

Awesome news! Glad that you can get back to living your life with all that extra stuff hanging over you 😀

22. Jessica says:

I am so glad you’re free!!! So sorry this happened to you but I’m glad you’re on the mend my dear!

23. Great news! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and ‘released’ … 🙂

24. Pingback: Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon Training Log – Week 1 | From Dancing to Running

25. Pingback: 2015 Year in Review | From Dancing to Running