Who Wants to Be a Bad Ass Runner?

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary virtual race entry.  I am not being compensated financially.  As always, all opinions are my own.

Running in the summertime always takes stamina, perseverance, and dedication.  You never know how hot or humid its going to be, which puts runners in a challenging position of properly hydrating and fueling for runs.

When I think of those who run in the summer, I think of them as being bad ass.  So many runners take the summer off, particularly from racing, and seek other activities or shorter distances that won’t be as trying or difficult to complete.

post rnrvb

I think I rightfully became a bad ass runner after I crossed the finish line of Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach last September

With the unofficial start to summer being Memorial Day weekend, who wants to join me in becoming a bad ass runner the weekend after?  Gone for a Run is hosting the Bad Ass Runner Virtual 5 Mile Race.  The beauty of virtual races is that you don’t have to travel for a particular race.  You don’t have to dread an early wake up call if you’re not an early riser, and you don’t have to find a race that fits your schedule.  Although I have yet to participate in a virtual race, I’m looking forward to running my first virtual race the weekend of May 29th-31st, especially since the five mile distance fits perfectly in my half marathon training plan.

Race swag is always an important consideration in any race, and Gone for a Run isn’t disappointing with this race.  Registered runners will receive a gender specific shirt, a finisher’s medal, a bib, and a car magnet.  Finishers who submit their race recap to the Gone for a Run Facebook page will also be entered to win various raffle prizes.  Prizes up for grabs include a bib folio, a medal hanger, a running journal, a beach towel, and socks.

Photo Credit: Gone for a Run

Photo Credit: Gone for a Run

Interested in showing just how much of a bad ass runner you are?  Head on over to Gone for a Run and register by May 19th in order to guarantee that you’ll receive your race packet prior to race weekend.  Registration is only $30!

QOTD: What characteristics make runners “bad ass”?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Who Wants to Be a Bad Ass Runner?

I thought this was a really cute theme for a virtual race. We rarely do them, and although we were also asked to participate, things are too hectic with the wedding and trip to CA this week to give it proper attention! Have fun and enjoy the medal!

I’m doing this one too! So fun!

Unfortunately, I have to sit out of this one! It sounds like so much fun, though!! 😀

4. I love that shirt so much I may just register!

5. I’m doing this too! How fun that we’ll all be running “virtually” together!

6. I love virtual races. I just did the skirt sports virtual and they have another coming up in June so fun and great swag

7. I will be running this as well, as you know. What a fun theme.

8. mkadens1 says:

Badass to me is just getting up and out there every damn day to get that training in, no matter what the conditions or life circumstances. Easier said than done sometimes!

9. Shannon says:

I agree, running in the summer makes for a bad ass runner! So many bad ass runners here in sticky, humid Florida!

Virtual races are great. I usually do a few of them a year now when it fits into my training.

I down grade in the summer since it’s 100 degrees out at 4pm. That’s a bit rough, even running inside in front of a fan.

11. runsaltrun says:

I think runners are just badass by nature. 🙂 I was thinking of getting involved with this virtual! I love Gone for a Run and they have some fantastic swag!

12. I am not much of a runner but I am willing to learn and join in!

13. That’s a great medal! I’ll be running a marathon that weekend 🙂
    I’m the opposite in that I take the winter off because it’s too icky out to want to run outside. Interesting how where we live dictates our running and race schedule.

14. I think going out and doing it makes you badass. Running is hard and anyone that conquers that and pushes themselves through a training plan and race rocks in my world.

15. I’ve never done a virtual race like this. Rapha does women’s rides and Strava has cycling challenges where you upload data and get a virtual badge for completing it. I guess it is similar. And yes, running in the summer is rough…that’s why I load up with early and late season triathlons and don’t race too much in the summer.

16. I think sometimes just running in general 🙂 Pushing through when you’d rather quit.

17. briwifruit says:

That’s a wicked medal! Just doing any kind of running in general is badass. Especially when it’s still dark out, rainy, and you really don’t want to but you do it anyway!

18. What a cute virtual race! I’ll have to check it out!

19. GiselleR says:

I seriously think anyone who runs is Bad Ass if I’m being honest. Running in cold weather also seems a lot tougher to me, cuz I hate the cold/snow. But that’s probably because I’m from a Tropical country lol

20. I’ve never done a virtual race! This looks so fun and I love the shirt and medal. When I think bad ass runner I think those who run in the winter! That is when I hibernate and stay indoors lol. I don’t mind summer running but I can never drag myself outside to run if it is below like…45 degrees 🙂 But liek Giselle said, everyone who runs is a bad ass runner!

21. i don’t really do virtual races but this is a fun theme. i think anyone who runs is a bad ass runner!

22. Pingback: Friday Five – Potpourri v. 2 | From Dancing to Running

23. Pingback: Bad Ass Runner Virtual 5 Mile Race Recap | From Dancing to Running