Weekly Training Log – Week of April 27th

With half marathon training starting today for Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach, I took this past week of training fairly easy.  The shorter and fewer workouts was also partly dictated by it being a busy week at home as we prepared for Preston’s best friend’s arrival into town, and then of course we spent the weekend with him, which took my focus away from working out.

Best friends in their new matching brewery shirts

Best friends in their new matching brewery shirts

Another highlight of the weekend was that on Saturday we celebrated Riley’s 3rd birthday!

Riley

Its hard to believe that Riley is already three years old!

I’m proud of the workouts I did fit in this past week.  I especially loved running outside yesterday and being able to take advantage of the absolutely perfect Spring weather we had this past weekend.  Yesterday’s high hit 80 degrees with almost no humidity.  It was absolute perfection!

3.50 mile run

Mon 4/27 – Rest day

Tues 4/28 – 3.15 mile run on the treadmill, 0.41 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, glutes, legs

Wed 4/29 – Rest day

Thurs 4/30 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.42 mile cool down walk

Fri 5/1 – Rest day

Sat 5/2 – Rest day

Sun 5/3 – 3.50 mile run around the neighborhood, 0.25 mile cool down walk

Total Weekly Mileage – 10.83 miles

Today marks the official start of training for my fifth half marathon.  In 18 short weeks, I’ll be heading to the start line of Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach!  Even though this race is historically hot and humid, like it was when I ran it last year, I cannot wait to take on this course again!

QOTD: How has the weather been where you live?

This entry was posted in Training and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Weekly Training Log – Week of April 27th

Our weather was also perfect this weekend! it is so nice when spring finally comes to stay and outside activities are so much more fun. Having company gave you a much needed break from workouts after all your recent racing. I finally ran Sunday after 13 days off and it felt so good. It also helped to have 3 running friends with me and we ran to the beach. it was beautiful and we all commented on how lucky we are to live in such a lovely place!

2. We’ve had amazing weather lately! LOVE it! But the hot and 100% humidity are right around the corner unfortunately. Glad you had a great weekend Kathryn!

The weather has been amazing hasn’t it…hope it stays for a little bit before the humidity kicks in….in my dreams right?!

4. It’s been cool here, but warmed up this weekend, just in time for my half. Ugh. Not trained for the heat, but I was happy to push through it!

5. Wow already time to start training for Va beach? I am loving this warm weather finally!

The weather’s been great but it is starting to warm up now that we’re in May. No two summer’s are the same pattern so I’ll have to wait and see when the heat gets here. And happy birthday Riley! Allie’s 3rd birthday is coming up too.

7. this weekend’s weather was fantastic! sasha (our dog) celebrated a birthday this weekend as well! she turned 8 on friday 🙂 happy birthday, riley!

8. I can’t get over how CUTE Riley is. You are so lucky!

9. carmyy says:

It’s been warm! I’m in love! I might just have to sneak extra runs to enjoy the weather.

10. aweee happy birthday, Riley!! What a cutie!! The weather here is FINALLY nice. The weekend was 70s and sunny – perfection!

11. Great job! Something is always better than nothing and running in great weather is a bonus!

12. Our weather this weekend was great, but I tried to run during the week when it was 81F and it was hard! My body just wasn’t used to the heat.

13. We have gone straight from cold to down right hot here. I think we skipped spring. I can’t believe training starts for VA beach already. I am no where near prepared to start training. I will be resting for a long time after Tinkerbell. I have a a feeling I might drop down to the VA beach 5k instead if I don’t feel I am ready for the half by then but I am Totally ok with that!

14. mkadens1 says:

Nice week! Our weekend weather was perfection! Sunny and 80! Happy Birthday Riley!

15. NutriFitMama says:

Running the half in Virginia Bech will be fun I bet! I have heard great things about races there!

16. jillconyers says:

We’re having beautiful weather!! Finally! I love the feeling of starting a new training cycle.

17. Perfect running weather is awesome, glad you enjoyed your run! Sounds like you had a pretty great week!
    We have had good weather here too, 70=80’s last week, this week looks like it’s going to be stormy thunder showers all week, but that’s okay we need the rain here:)

18. Did a run tonight in 70 degrees no humidity – perfection! Why can’t it stay like this!!!

Happy Birthday, Riley! Wow can’t believe September is 18 weeks away! Hoping we don’t have too much humidity this summer.

20. Thankfully the weather has finally broken here in NH and it has been warm! Hooray! I am looking forward to lots of great running outside!

21. GiselleR says:

It’s warming up here in Waterloo too which is exciting. I’ve already taken advantage of it with a couple patio days…now I guess I should get in an outdoor workout as well haha
    Good luck with your training!