Happy Friday everybody! Who else thinks this week has been incredibly long and is more than ready to enjoy a relaxing Spring weekend? I know that I am!
This week’s Friday Five theme is Race Day Routines. I wrote about my race day routines as a part of the Tuesdays on the Run linkup back in March. If you didn’t check out that post, be sure to do so!
Since its been a super crazy, jam packed week I thought it would be appropriate to make this week’s Friday Five a potpourri edition. There’s several exciting things going on right now, as well as several things in the works.
1. Preston’s best friend, who was also our Best Man at our wedding, flew into town last night. Between him and his wife having a ridiculously busy schedule, in addition to Preston and I also being super busy, we haven’t seen Steve in over a year and a half. A visit was long overdue, and although his wife wasn’t able to make the trip, we’re looking forward to enjoying the weekend with Steve.
2. Last weekend I booked our flights and made our hotel reservations for our trip to Seattle in July. We’re headed out to Seattle for a wedding for two of my college friends. Because of the timing of the trip, its going to be a quick trip out to Seattle, especially when you factor in the three hour time change. We’ll only be in Seattle for four nights, but I’m definitely looking forward to exploring a new city and celebrating with my friends at their wedding.
3. Preston and I have started looking into possibilities for our summer vacation, which we’ll likely take in August. We’re currently leaning towards a trip to Charleston and Folly Beach, although there are a couple of other East Coast beaches on our short list.
4. During a class activity with my AP students on Tuesday, one of my students said, “This might be the most fun activity that I’ve ever done in a History class.” It was music to my ears!
5. With my two races this past weekend, I’ve now crossed the finish line of seven races this year. My goal is to run 15 races this year, and while I’m not registered for all eight of my remaining races, its exciting to know that it only took me four months to reach the almost halfway point of my goal.
QOTD: Have you ever been to Seattle, Charleston, or Folly Beach? Any must do activities or must eat at restaurants in those cities?
As always, thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well!