Weekly Training Log – Week of April 20th

Wow, what an incredible weekend this past weekend was!  If you follow me on Social Media then you already know why it was such an incredible weekend: I PRed at both Saturday and Sunday’s races!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would have a double PR weekend!

Celebrating post race on Saturday at the Jaguar 5k and post race on Sunday at the Manassas 10k

Celebrating post race on Saturday at the Jaguar 5k and post race on Sunday at the Manassas Runway 10k

I can’t wait to recap both races this week!  And I hope that my high from my double PR weekend continues well into the coming week!

My two races this past weekend capped off a great week of training.  With only one more week until I restart half marathon training again, I know that its important that I continue to focus on strength training and running maintenance this coming week.  The stronger that I am before I start training for Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach, the stronger I will be throughout my training and on race day.

Mon 4/20 – 3.20 mile run on the treadmill, 0.28 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, glutes

Tues 4/21 – 1.67 mile walk around the neighborhood with Riley

Wed 4/22 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.35 mile cool down walk, legs, glutes, abs, arms, shoulders

Thurs 4/23 – Rest day

Fri 4/24 – Rest day

Sat 4/25 – Jaguar 5k

Sun 4/26 – Manassas Runway 10k

Total Weekly Mileage – 17.87 miles

QOTD: What was the highlight of your weekend?

This entry was posted in Training and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Weekly Training Log – Week of April 20th

Nice job on the double PR weekend Kathryn. My weekend consisted of volunteering at a local race and alot of couch time. I have been exhausted the last few days. I think the food poisoning/hospital visit and running a marathon so soon after has finally caught up to me.

2. Congratulations on your PR’s, that must feel awesome! Can’t wait to read all about it. 🙂

3. Great job on the PRs! That will carry you into your RnR!

Wow, that’s awesome that you PR’ed at both races! Way to go 🙂

5. Congrats on 2 PRs!! That’s awesome!

6. So proud of you Kathryn! I KNEW you were going to PR at least one of them! But BOTH? WOW!!!!

Great job on the PRs!

8. Stephanie says:

Congrats on 2 prs!!!!

9. Sam @ PancakeWarriors says:

Double PR weekend – girl that is the way to do it!! Congrats!!

10. awesome work on the double PR’s!! that pizza looks scrumptious. congrats on a great weekend of running and racing 🙂

11. Great work on he PRs!!! I am happy for you!

12. Great Week! I only ran about 5 miles last week but working for more this week.

13. Amazing! Congrats on that smashing PR success 🙂 I very nearly PR’ed at a 4-miler this weekend, but missed the mark… Next time!

14. way to go, lady! what a weekend!

So happy for you! You have worked hard for those! Congrats!

16. ishouldrun says:

I’ve never even heard of the Manassas Runway 10k. I love running the Manassas battlefields but that’s the only running I’ve done out that way. Congrats on your PRs!

17. mkadens1 says:

Wow! Congrats on a double PR weekend! I can’t wait to read how that all went down! My weekend was very full. And I did my first tri

18. Great job on your week! My highlight was probably yoga with my husband. lol

19. you rocked it this weekend-congrats again!

20. Woohoo! Double PR’ing is awesome, way to go!!

21. Yay, congrats on the PR’s. Can’t wait to hear about them! That pizza post race looks yummy! I think they should have pizza after every race!

Yes!! I knew you could do it. Can’t wait to read about both races, especially the Jaguar 5K.

23. jillconyers says:

Did I read that right? A double PR? Woohoo! I can’t wait to hear all about it.

24. Two PRs!!! That is awesome, congrats! The highlight of my weekend was just relaxing.

25. Great job on both races. Best of luck for the races you have coming up!

26. GiselleR says:

Congrats on both your PRs! So epic 😀
    My weekend definitely wasn’t as exciting as yours haha

27. double PR weekend – way to go! I have a 10k on may 30 that I hope to PR! I’m running a 5K next wednesday which I know will DEF not be a PR since I’ve been out of commission for almost 2 weeks because I got sick. Oh well, I’ll just treat it like a little speed workout 🙂

28. carmyy says:

DOUBLE PR! WHOA GIRL! 😀 way to go! 🙂

29. Two PR’s in one weekend? How amazing! I can’t wait to read your recaps!! Huge Congrats!

30. Congrats! It is always so exciting to PR. Look forward to your recaps!