Weekly Training Log – Week of April 13th

This past week was yet another busy week.  It was the last week of the third quarter, which meant I had lots of students who wanted/needed to work with me after school, which meant I had several long days at school.  Although I was physically tired from last Sunday’s Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run, as well as from my long days at school, I did my best to not take extra rest days.  I’m very proud of my workouts this past week, which included two weight training sessions at the gym and my first run outside in a tank top this season!

4.26 mile run

Mon 4/13 – 1.31 mile walk around the neighborhood with Riley

Tues 4/14 – 3.10 mile run on the treadmill, 0.31 mile cool down walk, kettlebell squat swings, abs, arms, shoulders

Wed 4/15 – Rest day

Thurs 4/16 – 2.00 mile run on the treadmill, 0.27 mile cool down walk, chest, back, arms, glutes, abs

Fri 4/17 – Rest day

Sat 4/18 – 4.26 mile run around the neighborhood, 0.50 mile cool down walk

Sun 4/19 – Rest day

Total Weekly Mileage – 11.75 miles

This coming week will be another busy week, especially since I have not one but two races next weekend.  Preston and I will both be running the annual Jaguar 5k Saturday morning, and then on Sunday I’ll be running the Manassas Runway 10k.  I signed up for this race in hopes that I’ll be able to get a new 10k PR that I’ll be able to use as my proof of time for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November.  I haven’t been super speedy since we got back from vacation, so we’ll see how my races go next weekend!

QOTD: What race(s) you do run annually?

This entry was posted in Training and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Weekly Training Log – Week of April 13th

1. Great job getting those workouts in despite a busy work week! Good luck this weekend!

2. Good job! I’m trying to squeeze in a fast/flat 10k somewhere to get a good corral for Dumbo in September, so I feel ya!

3. I always want to do that Manassas 10k and it is always a bad time for me. 2 races in 1 weekend how badass!

4. Don’t have an annual race – not with moving as I have. Maybe I’ll make the Portland Marathon a yearly event? Idk. Have to do it for the first time this year. Haha

Great job getting your workouts in. I took an extra rest day last week, but it was a cross training day and I’ve hit a cross training rut. I’m starting to look at other things to do so I’m not bored with my schedule.

6. awesome job on the workouts this week! 🙂 and good luck on your races this weekend!

How funny, I have 2 races coming up this weekend too! I’m doing Ben’s Run 5k with my dad on Saturday so we’ll probably walk most of that one. And I’m doing the Pike’s Peek 10k on Sunday. I’m hoping for a PR for Wine and Dine proof of time too. I’ll have another 10k in June that I can use too.

8. Awesome! Sounds like you have a fun weekend of racing to look forward to! As far as smaller races, there’s a local pizza 5k I do every year (for obvious reasons, lol), as well as the annual 4th of July 4-miler in the town I used to live in.

9. Looks like a great week! I run a few local races annually, but they are all smallish races. The Great Western Half Marathon is in a couple weeks and this will be my third time running it. I’ve also ran in the Fox Valley Marathon series the last 3 years.

10. mkadens1 says:

You had a great week! I don’t typically repeat races year after year, although there’s a 5k I’ve done the past 3, I’m not running it this weekend because I’ve got a tri. Eeeek!

11. Elle says:

Wow. What a great week you had! Here’s to another!

12. Busy week, but you still got it done and that is awesome!
    Very cool about your two races this weekend, sounds like you have lots of fun ahead!!! Good luck in them!

13. TeamFitMommy says:

Sounds like you had a great week! Good luck with your upcoming races.

14. best of luck on your races this weekend. i’ve had two races almost every weekend this month!

15. Great job this week and have a great race this weekend! I try to do at least one runDisney race a year which I already completed Walt Disney World Marathon. I wanted to go coast to coast so I have Dumbo Double Dare in Sept! I also run Mercedes Half Marathon (Birmingham, AL) every year! Good luck with your races coming up!

16. I am not a runner but I used to ride a 100-mile bike race in Long Island every year. Good on you for your workouts this past week!

17. best of luck on your races this weekend!

the only races I for sure do every year are the disneyland rundisney races. Im starting a new tradition of doing the LA Turkey trot on thanksgiving(this will be my 2nd year) and I want to do a few of the races I just did again next year. I also will be signing up for a christmas run 10k that is super flat and usually cold in december. it will be my 4th time running and hopefully will be another PR!

18. Great job getting those workouts in. It’s always a challenge trying to fit it all in! I’m all about that!

19. Nice job! Looks like you had a great week!

I’m doing the GW Parkway 10 Miler for the 3rd year this coming Sunday! I love doing them every year!! So happy that tank top weather is finally here! Yey!

21. I do not have a race I participate in regularly and mostly join races on a whim but once I get signed up for another 10K I will be focused on breaking my latest PR which is JUST over 1 hour.

22. Good luck with your 10K! I hope you get that sweet PR that you are looking for! Love that you are doubling up on races!

23. I haven’t run a race in over a year! Wow I need to sign up for something! I normally teach spin on Saturday morning so it’s hard to sign up for anything 😦 Good luck on your 5k this weekend!

24. Good luck with your races!! I know you’ll rock it!!

25. jillconyers says:

Awesome training week! I love the energy of running 2 races in one weekend. It all began with the Runners World Hat Trick in PA a few years ago.

Nice job getting your workouts in even though it was busy. I’m looking forward to Sunday!

27. Sun says:

Looks like a nice week of training to bounce back from the Cherry Blossom 10 mile and to prepare for the upcoming races. Best of luck this weekend – a 10k PR sounds totally doable 🙂

Once race I make sure I do every year is Race for the Bacon. It’s a local 5k that is sponsored by a bacon company in town. The race has a mid-race bacon station and the best bacon feast after. Plus, as you cross the finish line, a box of bacon is handed to you. Love it!

28. MCM Mama says:

Good luck on getting a new 10K PR! I want to run that race one year, but my calendar just stays so darn busy LOL. Hope this week is a little less busy.

29. I don’t really have any races that I run annually but there are a few that I enjoy running if and when I get the chance. I find with young kids, it’s hard to commit to anything as an absolute.

30. Way to go with a great week of training, especially with the longer hours of work!
    I’ll be sending speedy vibes your way over the weekend 🙂

31. Pingback: My Goals for This Weekend’s Races | From Dancing to Running

32. I like the way you list your walking mileage in your training log. I should start doing that. I usually walk before and after all of my runs.

33. GiselleR says:

Congrats on getting your workouts in despite being tired/busy! I didn’t fare so well this week but I’m hoping next week will be better 🙂