Friday Five – April 17th – Five Brands I’m Currently Loving

Disclosure: With the exception of the Lily Trotters compression socks, I paid for all products myself.  As always, all opinions are my own.

This week’s Friday Five theme with the DC Trifecta is “Five Brands to Love.”  While there are many brands that I’ve been loyal to for quite awhile now, there are also some that I’ve recently discovered a love for.

1.  Lily Trotters

lily trotters

A couple of weeks ago, I received a free pair of Lily Trotters compression socks to try out.  Aren’t they adorable?  Until recently I’d been loyal to a different compression socks brand, but was excited to give these socks a try.  They were perfect for my post race recovery after Sunday’s Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run.  My legs felt as good as new on Monday.

2.  Mizuno

new shoes

Since being fit for running shoes in September 2013, I’ve only worn Mizuno Wave Inspire shoes.  When I was fit, I discovered that my feet need stability shoes, and I have had nothing but love for my Mizunos since I started wearing them.

3.  Sparkly Soul

headband

I wear a headband every time I run or workout (I hate flyaways!), and I love how well Sparkly Soul headbands fit my head.  I have them in a rainbow of colors!

4.  Lifeguard

Photo Credit: Amazon

Photo Credit: Amazon

If you’re like me, then your phone’s battery quickly drains, especially when you’re traveling or running a race.  Prior to our trip to Shamrock Half Marathon and our trip to Florida, I researched external phone batteries, and ordered a Lifeguard battery from Amazon.  It fit perfectly in my small crossbody purse during our days at Disney World, and is able to completely recharge my iPhone (as long as the charger is fully charged).

5.  Champion

Photo Credit: Amazon

Photo Credit: Amazon

I only wear one brand of sports bras, and that’s Champion.  As somebody who is larger in the chest and needs a bit of support, I’ve found that Champion sports bras, particularly the underwire ones, provide the support that I need when I’m running.

QOTD: What brands are you currently loving?

DC_linkup

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Friday Five – April 17th – Five Brands I’m Currently Loving

1. I’ve been obsessed with Champion since high school… I can’t help it! They have the best sweatshirts!

2. As always…I love my runningskirts.com skirts! 😉 And of course my Asics running shoes! Those compression socks are super cute!!!

Ooh… I’ll have to look into that charger because I’ve definitely been running into problems with my phone battery dying 😦 And I’m a big Champion fan too!

4. I’ve never tried the Lily Trotter socks they are so cute!

I recently bought a very colorful Champion bra and it’s great! It does need to stretch a little, but it holds everything in place.

6. i like champion sports bras as well. i might need to try that iphone charger – sometimes i REALLY need something like that!

7. I love my Mizuno Wave Inspires too. I have multiple pairs and doubt I’ll ever run in another shoe unless they make a drastic change, that would devastate me! ha ha

8. katemovingforward1234 says:

I have both Champion and Moving Comfort sports bras and I like them both!

9. Champion is all I wear too!!! I still need to try my Lilly Trotters I received!!

10. John @ run. geek. run(disney) says:

Great list. Need to have a battery charger. Always have one in my bag when out. Also have a small one that can fit in my ArmPocket if I really need.

11. HoHo Runs says:

I will never wear anything but Wave Inspires. Here’s praying they never stop making them!! Cute socks.

12. OMG, those socks are the cutest! I am obsessed with polka dots. So would you believe I had never even heard of those battery chargers? I usually just suffer with the fear that my phone is going to go completely dead, especially if I’m traveling/at Disney. Thanks for the tips! 🙂

13. Oh I love new shoes!! I have an external battery and I love it, as long as I remember to actually charge it lol!! I take it with me to trainings or anytime I plan on using my phone for awhile.

14. I hate flyways too when I am working, so I would love those headbands! Plus they are aesthetically appealing. 🙂

15. I love Champion sports bras! They are the best at support for me.

16. Maureen says:

I’m all about Moving Comfort and Champion sports bras. I need major support, yet still like my bras to be attractive.

17. Sun says:

I am also such a fan of Sparkly Soul – they really are the very best headbands! I’ve tried other brands but none of them stay on as well. Plus, Sparkly Soul has the best colors 😉

For running clothes, I’ll always be a fan of Oiselle. I love how the brand celebrates women and has a nice variety of clothing that fits well and is stylish. For non-running clothes, I love J Crew. I’ve been a fan since my high school days! You can never go wrong with their classics.

18. Michelle @ Running with Attitude says:

That phone charger looks like a great idea! I’m also a Mizuno & Sparky Band fan!

19. I’ll have to check out the phone charger. I have developed a fear on being out on a trail and running out of power in the middle of nowhere. This will ease my mind.

20. I could use that phone charger right now haha. I’m loving Quest bars (just ate one) and fabletics!

21. Those compression socks are so cute. I never heard of that brand. I have only used pro compression. Have a great weekend!

22. Mizuno wave-YES!!!

I forgot my compression socks after Cherry Blossom-totally felt the difference the next day!

23. I do love the Lily Trotters! I can’t wait until they go live!

24. I need that Lifeguard thing!!! I have a little charging stick but it’s just okay, doesn’t always work well. Oh and I wore those Mizunos for so long – loved them except my ankles must be really low because the ankle cutout didn’t work for me. So then the shoe store suggested I was overcorrecting wearing those stability shoes + my custom orthotics so I’m in a neutral shoe right now. We’ll see long term what works! Great list, thanks for linking up!

25. I totally agree about both Mizuno and Champion! I wear the Mizuno Wave Riders, and I wear a couple of different Champion bras whether I’m doing high- or low- impact activities, but they are all supportive, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

26. Lifeguard!! I need a portable charger. This sounds great.

27. I’m always on the hunt for a good supportive sports bra. I’ve tried the lululemon tata tamer but still feel like I’m bouncing everywhere when I run. I like Nike sports bras but they are SO hard to take off when you’re sweaty.

28. I’m definitely a Mizuno girl! I’ve been in a variety of shoe brands, but I keep coming back to Mizuno, ever since I was fit for a pair last year. They’re so comfortable to run in I feel like I could go for miles and my feet never hurt! I also love fitness headbands. I haven’t tried Sparkly Soul yet, but I currrently wear Sweaty Bands the most and I love how cute and functional they are.

I need a portable charger as well -thanks for the recommendation. The Lily Trotters are cute.

30. jillconyers says:

Love the compression socks! My favorite brands have yet to jump on the pattern compression bandwagon.

31. I may need to invest in a LifeGuard. My phone is always dying.

32. GiselleR says:

Fitness wise, no new ones. But I’ve been loving my Kashi cereals lately!

33. I love Champion. I’ve been wearing their sports bras for years! I also like the C9 brand at Target. I’m very small chested so support isn’t an issue for me but comfort definitely is.

34. Meg McGown says:

I love Sparkly Soul too! I’ve never tried Mizuno Wave shoes, but might have to!

35. Pingback: Friday Five – Five Things I’m Currently Loving | From Dancing to Running